E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Apex Wheels - Great wheels but Group Buy could be better

01-31-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
snaimpally
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Apex Wheels - Great wheels but Group Buy could be better

I had been coveting a set of Apex wheels ever since I saw their wheel weights. I jumped on the 17" GB when they offered it a few months ago because of the great prices.

I appreciate that Apex sets up their GBs to try and appease the most people by offering people an opportunity to commit to different price points. Unfortunately, the way it is setup, the GB seems to confuse most people, as evidenced by the fact that the CEO of Apex had to make a video explaining how the GB works.

At one stage during the GB, I was asked to commit to the purchase, which I did by providing credit card (CC) information. I also went ahead and PM'd David at Apex that I was ready to purchase a set of wheels regardless of the final price tier.

After I saw that the GB was over, on Thursday, I ordered a set of tires from Tire Rack so that I could get the new wheels and tires mounted quickly. On Friday, I received a call from David informing that the wheel color I had selected was not in stock and that I could either select one of the 2 colors that were in stock or wait a month for the wheel color I had chosen to become available. Needless to say, I was disappointed because I had already provided CC information and had committed to the wheels regardless of the final price tier. I ended up selecting an in stock wheel color.

I don't understand why, once I had a commitment to buy the wheel regardless of the final price tier, Apex could not have gone ahead and initiated manufacture of the wheels in the color to which I had committed. Apex shouldn't wait until the GB closes before figuring out whether they have stock for people who have provided their CC info and have committed to purchasing at any price level or at a relatively attainable price level.

I think Apex has excellent products - their wheels and prices are extremely competitive. However, their GB process could use some improvement. I think it could less complicated and less confusing so that people don't have to watch a 10 min video to understand the GB process. Also, when people commit to particular set of wheels by providing CC information, Apex should use that and make a commitment to initiate production of the wheels in the specified color.