E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Baan Velgen Review

02-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
Alturiak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Baan Velgen Review

Hey guys,

I was recently looking at getting some new wheels for my e92 and was having a hard time deciding because wheels in the states are so expensive. I had my heart set on a set of BBS CH-Rs, but was having a really tough time finding a place that could fit my budget. After some searching, I came across a vendor across the pond that was selling them for way cheaper than anyone here : Baan Velgen.

I spent some time browsing their website and soon after emailed their customer service with some questions. Their customer service contact, Hendrik, was so awesome! He would respond my emails immediately (within reason as they're 9hrs ahead of us), and would answer all of my thousands of questions. I probably emailed with him for about three weeks before making my purchase. He was great, took his time with me, and made me feel very comfortable with buying such an expensive purchase from overseas.

Before purchasing of course, I tried to do my due diligence and research them a bit first. I couldn't find too much about them on this forum, only one disgruntled customer. But after seeing some other reviews from other satisfied customers from overseas, I decided to take the plunge and go for it. I'm so glad I did!

The shipment arrived about 3 days after placing my order, and shortly followed by that was the red lug nuts. I ordered the rims, red BBS center caps, red BBS racing lug nuts, and BBS stud conversion from them- all for cheaper than ordering just rims from someone domestically. When I got them home of course I opened up all the boxes, and everything was and in perfect condition. The packaging was great, and protected my babies really well during shipment.

After opening, I prepped the wheels and applied Pinnacle Black Diamond Wheel Coating to help protect from brake dust and dirt. The next day, I was off to the tire shop to get my wheels put on! For any members in the valley (Socal), Chatsworth Tire Service is awesome, and I've been going there for several years now. The wheels went on without a hitch, fit perfect, and then I went home and installed the studs and lug nuts.

Big thanks to Baan Velgen and especially Hendrik, who made all this possible for me with a great price and excellent service! With my order also arrived a nice leather lanyard with the Baan logo for my keychain, and a personalized hand written Baan Velgen post card signed my the team thanking me for my purchase. I know these are trivial, but to me added a nice personal touch to the purchase and me feel a better connection with them rather than just being another order number in their system. I will defintiely be coming to them in the future for other orders! Below are pics, enjoy! If anyone has any questions let me know. http://www.baanvelgen.com/
Attached Images

2011 E92 M-Sport BSM, Built N55 with 9.5:1 compression and forged internals, VAC Stage 3 Ported Head, custom tuned by Twisted Tuning, PR Coils, Pure Stage 2, Fuel It! Phoenix Race PI Manifold, StopTech BBK 380mm front 345mm rear, BBS CH-R Titanium, Dinan exhaust w/black tips, BMS Intake, DCT shifter retrofit, VRSF 3.5" downpipe, VRSF 7" HD IC, CSL CF trunk, 335is Rear Diffusor, Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Appreciate 1
Mar481099.50