E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > First time BMW buyer - worried parking anywhere - NJ

11-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #23
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I know it's off-task, but I'm dying to know what he has under there - says it is a new car, but that big rear spoiler has me thinking old Trans Am.

And to the thread topic - I'm getting over my paranoia slowly (11months so far, only walk out to check it about once a week now) - helps that a buddy only had his car 3 days before it's first major ding (9" crease, not a little divot). I console myself that I've already gone farther w/o one than many, so if it happens I won't feel so wronged. And especially at work, I try to park back-in, so I'm passenger door-to passenger door and leave less space than on the drivers side - few people have passengers for our workplace, so I figure it gives me more room.
It's a new neon orange Challenger.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3848.00
      11-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Chrysler was my second (real) guess, so at least I'm not too far off. Wonder how many people are messing with his cover just to get a peek - sort of defeats the purpose (but the cones are a nice touch).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #25
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I park far away and often in the end spots so that I can park close to the curb which leaves a lot of space on the other side. Call me a douche but if there's an empty parking lot I'll double park, although that could attract some jackass to come key my ride. I'm very obsessive about keeping my cars in tip top shape. They are regularly hand washed and detailed. The interiors get the full treatment every 3 months, I don't think I've ever eaten inside any of my cars...
Agree with searching for the perfect spot. I go out of my way to find the end spot, preferably one with zebra stripes next to it so I can have more room. I will park far from the crowd and walk to the end of the lot.

I disagree with taking two spots. That just says screw with my car.

Dings will happen. I actually went three years without a mark on my '13, two days before lease return I got whacked.
Appreciate 1
Chadmatic660.50