E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > more problems... Window problem now

03-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90

more problems... Window problem now

Hi All,

I have a new problem, my rear window wont go down, it goes up just fine though. I have done some research and they say the regulator is a common problem in the E90s. The weird thing is if I use the controls on the driver side the window goes up and down fine but when i try to do it from the actual window nothing happens.
If i wind the window down using the driver side controls, the window goes down but when i go and press down at the actual window, the window goes up instead of down...

Anyone know what could be the problem? I thought if its the regulator than the whole window wont work...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
chuddism
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Not being snide, but the window lock on the driver panel isn't locked is it?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

nope its not locked. I tried to turn it on and off a few times as well but no luck.

Is there some sort of reset function like the the one for the sunroof?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Is it both rear windows or just 1
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

Its just the one one window that has the issue. All other windows work fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

Its the switch, if from any control the window goes up and down its not the regulator. if by chance the other side is inerchangable swap switches and try agian if works buy a new switch .
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #7
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

I had this happen before to me on my driver side window. Had it fixed, but it occurred again. As you know, the coupes have frameless windows which makes it pretty fucking annoying when it doesn't work.

So I got tired of BMW's shitty power window motors and regulators and thought of my own solution. I rigged up a manual crank just below the driver side door handle and had it installed at my local mechanic. It was a bit of a fiddle but fucked if I have to deal with a power window again. Looks pretty seemless too, and I chose a crank knob that I liked.

Passenger side is still power.
Attached Images

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
I had this happen before to me on my driver side window. Had it fixed, but it occurred again. As you know, the coupes have frameless windows which makes it pretty fucking annoying when it doesn't work.

So I got tired of BMW's shitty power window motors and regulators and thought of my own solution. I rigged up a manual crank just below the driver side door handle and had it installed at my local mechanic. It was a bit of a fiddle but fucked if I have to deal with a power window again. Looks pretty seemless too, and I chose a crank knob that I liked.

Lol, that's a novel solution.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef

No, no, no say it ain't so.... That's more ghetto then Edwin's meth kit, well almost
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
No, no, no say it ain't so.... That's more ghetto then Edwin's meth kit, well almost
it's how we roll in the west bro

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

wow didnt know they even made a manual regulator for 335 sorry i had too but hey if it works !
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarren View Post
wow didnt know they even made a manual regulator for 335 sorry i had too but hey if it works !
They don't. BMR autowerkes custom fabricated mine for my 135i using an amalgamation of one from a old C32AMG and Volvo S40 for it to fit properly and work.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #13
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

back to the good old days without power windows

Well its my rear passenger window which is broken so im okay for now i guess..if i have passengers and they want it open they just ask me and i can open it from my side lol and they can close it on there own.. once i lose full function of that window i'll get it fixed

thanks for all the input guys and that window conversion is by far the best thing ive seen on beemer lol
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
TGIM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

That is so NOT how we roll on the west side! Lol your post states tha you have a new problem. What was the old problem? Did you have anyone do any previous work? To be proactive I would break it down this weekend and pinpoint the issue. You will ultimately need to put it back together and order the non working part/s anyways and if you get caught with yo pants down you'll be "Rollin West Side" as the individual mentioned. There are plenty of DIYs on the 330i in this form and YouTube... Save the hassle and enjoy your DIY. I'm doing mine this weekend to see if reg or moto.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

Quote:

Parra style, damn great mod uleh. Should be implemented to all bimmers.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #16
davidturnedge
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 320i Silver 6MT

Resale, resale, resale... On another note, the BMW window thing is an ongoing problem, isn't it? After about 7 years it'll happen to most.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #17
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Quote:

Totally un-fkn believable

When did 135s with FBOs become gettho?
Did I miss something?
Appreciate 0