E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Auntie scratched my bumper!

04-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Auntie scratched my bumper!

Maybe I enjoyed this ^^ video too much in the morning and this happened to me in the afternoon.

Actually, the kind gentleman left a note on my windshield, apologising for his fault for scratching my bumper while parking. He left his phone number and said will pay 100% for the damages. Never would have expected this anywhere these days. Time to give him a call and thank him for his honesty. Maybe he's a lawyer as I parked in Admiralty?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
K3VMO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 AW 335i

What a coincidence... I was parked in Happy Valley less than a year ago. Someone had smacked into my rear bumper, and when I came out I thought I'd got a parking ticket but instead it turned out to be a note. I didn't even know my car had been hit.

The guy left his name, number and full length apology claiming he would pay all of the damages. The parking valet across the road later told me the guy had waited by my car for >30 mins as he saw my meter was almost up. When I didn't come to top up he called the cops to file a report.

In the end I got a quote from my garage, and he paid me within 24 hours. I'm wondering if this could be the same guy??!!

Didn't think people like this existed anymore.....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Count your blessings, you are very fortunate. People like these are few and far between these days in Hong Kong. Before, there were more, but nowadays, to meet a honest and upright member of society who is man enough to own up to his own mistakes, that is rare indeed. It's not a question of how much money one has, it's a question of personal responsibility and ethics, your example is enlightening and help me restore a degree of faith in Hong Kongers. At least honest people still exist in HK, even if they are not that common sadly.

Last edited by JohnMan; 04-05-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Ryan_M
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 3.0si / R171 SLK55

Singlish is hilarious!

Last edited by Ryan_M; 04-05-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Exception
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90

So, was the note in English or Chinese?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3VMO View Post
Didn't think people like this existed anymore.....
Me neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
Count your blessings, you are very fortunate. People like these are few and far between these days in Hong Kong. Before, there were more, but nowadays, to meet a honest and upright member of society who is man enough to own up to his own mistakes, that is rare indeed. It's not a question of how much money one has, it's a question of personal repsonsibility ethics, your example is enlightening and help me restore a degree of faith in Hong Kongers. At least honest people still exist in HK, even if they are not that common sadly.
He sounded like he's in his 50's when I called him up and was real nice. He hopes the work is not going to break his bank. He's a driver for a company so he doesn't make that much. I'm going to find the best price but black sapphire metallic is not going to be cheap. I just installed the M-tech in Feb too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
Singlish is hilarious!
I can't get enough of it! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exception View Post
So, was the note in English or Chinese?
In Chinese. I had to get my wife to translate it. Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e92

Looks like it's just the white paint rubb onto yours, I've had it numerous times and buffed it off, hard work though and required some rough and fine cut polish, took 3 hrs by hand.
      04-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #8
delirious101
Rep
Drives: N/A

hahaha that sing-lish cracks me up everytime...
Appreciate 0