E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Anyone on the UNDINE departed 11/22?

12-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #89
sshahnavaz
Bimmer Nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! I can't wait for pictures. I talked to my CA today and he said "he expects it to be this week", which for him must have taken a lot of effort to say, haha.

Its coming buddy hang in there. I should have some pictures Wednesday night and once i have the tinting done on Thursday I'll post more pics...

Last edited by sshahnavaz; 12-19-2006 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #90
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 TiAg 328i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshahnavaz
My car is at the dealership I'm taking delivery Wednesday afternoon...
NICE!!!

Ahhhhh pics... can't wait to see that Coral Red on Black
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #91
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Jackson, any update on your car?

I have to admit, I am getting a tad irritated.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #92
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

No update yet. I plan to give my CA a call a little later this morning to see what additional info he may have - keeping in mind the CN info that said vehicles were to be off-loaded the train at 11 pm last night. I guess cars could be on trucks right now on their way to respective dealers!!!

I will post again once I have spoken to CA.
      12-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #93
sshahnavaz
Bimmer Nut
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Fingers are crossed.
      12-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #94
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep

Spoke to my CA - says his system shows that car was received at railhead (Concord, I presume) - but no further info such as loaded onto truck, etc. Anyways, he said he expects the car very soon (could even be later today) and will call when it arrives.

I then spoke to CN again - where I got a big scare. Gave them my VIN # and they told me my car was on a train from Oshawa (General Motors plant) to Phoenix, Arizona. Knowing that this could not be true, the lady said her system only shows the most recent train run and that it must be a mistake (my VIN # is still "associated" with the rail car number).

The CN system does not show when the cars were unloaded. What I took from this is that my car was unloaded and the rail car was then taken to GM in Oshawa where it was loaded with some more cars destined for Arizona. At least that's my hope. While I'm sure Phoenix is nice this time of year, it's not really in my holiday plans!
      12-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #95
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Roadtrip!

Talked to my CA, he didn't give an update on the car but said "how about Saturday?" for the pickup. I e-mailed back asking for an earlier date if possible, I really want to get winter tires on before Christmas. The thought of driving 700km with no winters freaks me out even with the nice weather.

Edit: Looks like Saturday will be the day for me unless something changes, so now snows or clear bra before the Christmas trip. I have to say I am not very happy about that. I am not seeing the "push" to get people cars. Jackson and my car were unloaded yesterday at Concord. Oh well.

Last edited by picus; 12-19-2006 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #96
HereAgain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Undine in Bremerhaven on 11/22/06 - Just Before Departure

Undine in Bremerhaven on 11/22/06 - Just Before Departure
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #97
sshahnavaz
Bimmer Nut
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Talking I took delivery of my new baby!!!

Folks - I picked up the car today and being a first time BMW owner all I can say is I feel privilidged and blessed to be able to drive such an amazing piece of machinery/technology/art.

Overall impressions are too many to mention.. but I would say I still have to get used to the BMW clutch and manual transmission I'm not shifting too smoothly right now after about 2 hours of driving. The engine is amazing i was going 160 in an 80 and thought i was doing 110.. until my wife pointed it out.

Anyway more impressions in the next couple of days...she's going in for Tinting to Goldwing Auto Care in Ottawa in the morning so I thought I'd post some pre-tinting pics.

DISCLAIMER: Beware the Coral Red on Black Saphire combo is absolutely gorgeous however digital camera's have a tendency to distort the actual Coral Red color especially when amateurs like me take the shots. So take it with a grain of salt...
Attached Images

12-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #98
HereAgain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Dude, it is freaking BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your new Bimmer, and Merry Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #99
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Folks - I picked up the car today and being a first time BMW owner all I can say is I feel privilidged and blessed to be able to drive such an amazing piece of machinery/technology/art.

Overall impressions are too many to mention.. but I would say I still have to get used to the BMW clutch and manual transmission I'm not shifting too smoothly right now after about 2 hours of driving. The engine is amazing i was going 160 in an 80 and thought i was doing 110.. until my wife pointed it out.

Anyway more impressions in the next couple of days...she's going in for Tinting to Goldwing Auto Care in Ottawa in the morning so I thought I'd post some pre-tinting pics.

DISCLAIMER: Beware the Coral Red on Black Saphire combo is absolutely gorgeous however digital camera's have a tendency to distort the actual Coral Red color especially when amateurs like me take the shots. So take it with a grain of salt...
YEEEAAAAHHHHH BABY!!! That's gorgeous. Period.

May I be the first, er... ok second, to say congratulations

I stayed up for those pics! They have been entered into my personal collection. Can't wait for some full body shots w/ tint. Looks like you have the snows ready to tackle the upcoming winter?

Glad to see you were heeding the break-in advice

Man, 335.... you BEAST you. Well done and enjoy!

H

Step | Sport | Premium | Black Leatherette | Brushed Aluminum Trim | Comfort Access | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Chrome Kidneys | 30% Tint | OEM Alarm
Summers: Stock 161 runflat setup; Winters: M5 reps on Dunlop Wintersport M3 DSST
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2006, 08:16 AM   #100
PiperD
Clutch pedal >> Dead pedal
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335is 6MT

Garage List
Nice ride sshahnavaz, tres sporty!
Retired: '00 328Ci 5MT SteelGrey/Grey/MyrtleWood
Retired: '87 Pontiac Grand-Am 3AT White/Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #101
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep

YAHOO! My CA has called and my car has arrived. Will be picking it up tomorrow - hopefully, in the morning but could be at noon!

The wait is almost over :rocks:
      12-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #102
sshahnavaz
Bimmer Nut
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson
YAHOO! My CA has called and my car has arrived. Will be picking it up tomorrow - hopefully, in the morning but could be at noon!

The wait is almost over :rocks:
Jackson - wicked news my friend!! Looks like its a merry xmas to you too..

PICUS - any news!?
      12-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #103
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

SO AWESOME!!! Let us know how the tinting goes, some folks are having issues with the dot matrix.

I pick mine up Saturday morning at 10:00am!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #104
sshahnavaz
Bimmer Nut
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc
YEEEAAAAHHHHH BABY!!! That's gorgeous. Period.

May I be the first, er... ok second, to say congratulations

I stayed up for those pics! They have been entered into my personal collection. Can't wait for some full body shots w/ tint. Looks like you have the snows ready to tackle the upcoming winter?

Glad to see you were heeding the break-in advice

Man, 335.... you BEAST you. Well done and enjoy!

H
Yeah - I got Winters from BMW included in the deal. They're storing my 230 19"s for me till spring.

My CA told me to only do two things to properly break-in the car. Over the first 2000 KMs:

1. Vary the RPMs when driving. i.e. don't just set the cruise control, exercise the full range of power
2. Do not go over or near the red line

Let me know what you're CA tells you and if its different when you take delivery...

Anyway, the tinting was done today but its night time and can't take any pics. I'll post some hopefully tomorrow...
      12-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #105
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep

Appointment to pick-up the new car at 9:15 tomorrow morning. Then it's off to see Picus so he can "work his magic" for the new car prep! Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain tomorrow - but it is a hell of a lot better than snow since I'll be putting on the snows in my garage a little later on.

T minus 10 hours and counting
      12-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #106
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep

That's great news Jackson, we know you're not sleeping tonight

Monaco/Beige has looked awesome in every shot I've seen, can't wait to see more! And another BEASTLY e92 335...

H

Step | Sport | Premium | Black Leatherette | Brushed Aluminum Trim | Comfort Access | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Chrome Kidneys | 30% Tint | OEM Alarm
Summers: Stock 161 runflat setup; Winters: M5 reps on Dunlop Wintersport M3 DSST
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #107
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep

Talking

Got the new ride this morning. Even though it is pissing rain in Toronto today, the car handles like a dream. And that's on the 19" wheels with summer tires. Good thing it's warm (4 degrees C or 40 degrees F) or else I'd be stranded - until I get the Dunlop M3 runflats / ASA JH3's that are sitting in my garage installed.

I know - you need pictures. Will be published as soon as Picus is finished the new car prep which he is completing as I post.
      12-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #108
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Jackson's car is complete, now he's off into the rainy traffic, poor guy!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #109
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep

Talking

Picus did a great job on the new car prep - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

He even takes photos: http://****************/pics/335122206/

And also artist shots:
Attached Images

Last edited by Jackson; 12-22-2006 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #110
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep

Yup, sweet ride Jackson. Congratulations

And the shine looks pristine Picus!

Got a call from my rep today and they just got my car in at the dealership. Too bad, I couldn't get it squeezed out for tomorrow, so it will be next week. Missed it by ~3 days. Damn Maersk. And I live maybe 2km from where it's currently parked. So close!

H

Appreciate 0