E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Niner football!!!

01-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #353
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

That's just it, nobody outside of Seattle ever gave a crap until recently. And, frankly, people outside of the NW (not including that small minority of fans out there) hate to see this team succeed and refuse to acknowledge that we have some of (if not THE) best fans in the league. Yes, there are a lot of band-wagoners joining in recently but make no mistake about the base:

Not only has the new stadium been the loudest since it's inception in '02 but back in the Kingdome days there were multiple investigations by the NFL over allegations of artificial noise being piped because it was so loud. ALL of these and more recent allegations were found to be baseless.

I was at the SF game where the first Guinness measurements were taken and as a Season ticket holder I can assure you that that wasn't even the loudest game I've been to. When we sucked with 7-9 record a couple of years back, and Lynch went on his 67yd run against the SB defending Saints, we were so loud it caused an EARTHQUAKE. That day was physically painful, felt like my ears were bleeding.

Further when KC briefly held the title (with 12,000 more fans) they had to be told when to make noise on the jumbo screen and displayed the levels. During both Seattle measurements there was no prompting, no special 'now' moment. During our games it was completely organic, measured throughout as the crowd reacted to the game as it should be. BTW not only did Seattle recapture the Loud title against NO last month but we triggered yet another quake.

I haven't quite figured out if it's because we aren't considered 'big time' or if it's residual of our woefully pathetic baseball franchise, but people love to hate us. What i do know is that, because our city has been so abysmal for so long when it comes to pro sports, the long term Hawks fans are like rabid dogs over this bone of success we've been thrown.

That being said 'Y'all' (N.O. tongue in cheek) better get used to it, even if it doesn't happen this year, Hawks are a young team, they will be an annual threat for sometime to come.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #354
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Who cares? No one cares about who is loudest by a few decibels, or who was loudest in week 8 by another few decibels. This is the NFL, not the Scream-FL. It really says something about a teams legacy and success when their fans get into debates about who screamed the loudest at their home stadium.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is this:

Though I applaud this graphic rep, you guys need to stop using this as a crutch. It's been 20 years since the 9er's won a Superbowl, how is 1994 remotely relevant to 2014?! It's like an aging diva touting the awards of her yesteryear's...

What I do respect is current success of the team, But it's just not going to be easy for them anymore.

Last edited by Wraith.; 01-08-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #355
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post

I haven't quite figured out if it's because we aren't considered 'big time' or if it's residual of our woefully pathetic baseball franchise, but people love to hate us. What i do know is that, because our city has been so abysmal for so long when it comes to pro sports, the long term Hawks fans are like rabid dogs over this bone of success we've been thrown.
That's my point, it's not that everyone hates the Seahawks, no one cares about the Seahawks. At least not until recently, say 2005 and on.

Like I said, when Seattle can actually build a history of success, you know, by actually winning a championship, that may change. But for right now, I can assure you, as a 49ers fan since the 80s, I don't hate the Seahawks, and honestly I can see them beating the current Kap lead 49ers. Doesn't mean anything until they actually win something.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #356
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

^ Agreed, not sure where the assumption that we hate the seahawks comes from.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #357
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
It's been 20 years since the 9er's won a Superbowl, how is 1994 remotely relevant to 2014?! It's like an aging diva touting the awards of her yesteryear's...
As opposed to a never-was like the Seahawks (thanks KingOfJericho)? The 49ers actually have more conference championship appearance than the Seahawks in the past 20 years, and guess what, we don't care. It's all about the rings baby. I actually do think you guys have a good chance this year, just don't choke!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #358
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Yes, it's the choke i fear... Having a young team can be a double edged sword.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #359
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Yes, it's the choke i fear... Having a young team can be a double edged sword.
Me too. If the offense doesn't show up we are done.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #360
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i think many lessons were learned last year, esp in that atlanta game coming back from all those points, then to lose in the end. we better play all 4 quarters
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #361
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i think many lessons were learned last year, esp in that atlanta game coming back from all those points, then to lose in the end. we better play all 4 quarters
Don't be so sure I feel like the last part of the season was all half ass.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #362
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Agreed, half ass as in not really getting up for the games they are supposed to win. As a matter of fact I think that's how it's been all year, not until they get themselves in trouble do they seem to find the motivation. I'm not really worried about the D (they've only let us down once this year on the final minute of the SF game) but the offense.

The fact is the Seattle biggest weakness is our O-Line. Russell has taken so many hits this year that he's now running from ghost pressure or not feeling it when it really is there. His natural timing that he came to the hawks with is out of rhythm, a result of lousy protection.

2nd is the penalties. On every single big play I find myself holding my breath waiting for the flags to fly. It's a terrible feeling.

3rd weakness is the conservative play calling of D. Bevell. His predictability drives me insane.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #363
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, half ass as in not really getting up for the games they are supposed to win. As a matter of fact I think that's how it's been all year, not until they get themselves in trouble do they seem to find the motivation. I'm not really worried about the D (they've only let us down once this year on the final minute of the SF game) but the offense.

The fact is the Seattle biggest weakness is our O-Line. Russell has taken so many hits this year that he's now running from ghost pressure or not feeling it when it really is there. His natural timing that he came to the hawks with is out of rhythm, a result of lousy protection.

2nd is the penalties. On every single big play I find myself holding my breath waiting for the flags to fly. It's a terrible feeling.

3rd weakness is the conservative play calling of D. Bevell. His predictability drives me insane.

i agree with all these points. And i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought about that last point. We need to open it up, and with percy hopefully in the line-up, we will be able to take numerous shots.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #364
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

We need to have a good amount of takeaways that result in pts, minimize penalties, and spring some big plays every game. We should have blown out a ot of teams we let stick close.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #365
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

yup..

k.j wright is out this time, curious to see how we defend jimmy graham this time
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #366
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

I don't hate the Seahawks. Trust me if you guys weren't in our division I would love you guys lol. I always respect teams that are built to play physical with a good running game and lockdown defense. I believe that's much more important than having a high powered finesse passing attack (saints, broncos, patriots, packers).
I think the reason why people don't like the Seahawks or their fan base is because the sudden rise to success. People don't like it when other teams come out of nowhere and start dominating. Imagine what Cleveland and buffalo fans must be thinking lol. They are pretty historic franchises with NO significance except consistently holding a top 10 draft pick.
As a fan of the Niners since the mid 90s I see our main rivals as Dallas and Green Bay. I think of our rivalry as a typical division foe who is constantly fighting for 1st place. It's good for our division and I think next year it'll be even more interesting with the talent Arizona and St. Louis have. Basically whoever makes it out of the west with the division crown should be the favorite for the Super Bowl in the NFC lol

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #367
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
I don't hate the Seahawks. Trust me if you guys weren't in our division I would love you guys lol. I always respect teams that are built to play physical with a good running game and lockdown defense. I believe that's much more important than having a high powered finesse passing attack (saints, broncos, patriots, packers).
I think the reason why people don't like the Seahawks or their fan base is because the sudden rise to success. People don't like it when other teams come out of nowhere and start dominating. Imagine what Cleveland and buffalo fans must be thinking lol. They are pretty historic franchises with NO significance except consistently holding a top 10 draft pick.
As a fan of the Niners since the mid 90s I see our main rivals as Dallas and Green Bay. I think of our rivalry as a typical division foe who is constantly fighting for 1st place. It's good for our division and I think next year it'll be even more interesting with the talent Arizona and St. Louis have. Basically whoever makes it out of the west with the division crown should be the favorite for the Super Bowl in the NFC lol

NFC west is the NFC best. No better division in football. And next year nodbody will want any part of us.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #368
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Ya, what ever happened to the NFC Worst mantle? Sadly we are going to be so bloody and bruised from beating each other up next year that I fear for the long term health of the teams. Gonna be interesting.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #369
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

you guys worried you may lose your defensive coordinator to a HC position?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #370
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

I am, for the 2nd year in a row. I don't understand why they don't stick it out and win something first. In this day and age it's not like there won't be a host of Head coaching positions every year. Hell, the day after the reg season ends is 'Black Monday' for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #371
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
you guys worried you may lose your defensive coordinator to a HC position?

Honestly no. We have talent all around and i know whoever comes in next will utilize everyone pretty much the same way. We cant stay the number one defense forever, but i still expect to be within the top 5 for the next 3 years or so.

What i dont get is, why these coaches leave to go to such inferior teams. More about money than winning i guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #372
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...play-vs-saints

Someone check rob ryan's shorts...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #373
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
That's just it, nobody outside of Seattle ever gave a crap until recently. And, frankly, people outside of the NW (not including that small minority of fans out there) hate to see this team succeed and refuse to acknowledge that we have some of (if not THE) best fans in the league. Yes, there are a lot of band-wagoners joining in recently but make no mistake about the base:

Not only has the new stadium been the loudest since it's inception in '02 but back in the Kingdome days there were multiple investigations by the NFL over allegations of artificial noise being piped because it was so loud. ALL of these and more recent allegations were found to be baseless.

I was at the SF game where the first Guinness measurements were taken and as a Season ticket holder I can assure you that that wasn't even the loudest game I've been to. When we sucked with 7-9 record a couple of years back, and Lynch went on his 67yd run against the SB defending Saints, we were so loud it caused an EARTHQUAKE. That day was physically painful, felt like my ears were bleeding.

Further when KC briefly held the title (with 12,000 more fans) they had to be told when to make noise on the jumbo screen and displayed the levels. During both Seattle measurements there was no prompting, no special 'now' moment. During our games it was completely organic, measured throughout as the crowd reacted to the game as it should be. BTW not only did Seattle recapture the Loud title against NO last month but we triggered yet another quake.

That being said 'Y'all' (N.O. tongue in cheek) better get used to it, even if it doesn't happen this year, Hawks are a young team, they will be an annual threat for sometime to come.

I think the RCA dome would disagree...if it wasnt dead.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #374
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Like the guy but hope you'll understand that I'd rather not!
Appreciate 0