E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Please help me

11-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Please help me

I just picked my car up from BMW. When I got in it my car could not connect to my iPod via my iPhone. I can make and accept calls using the bluetooth but not listening to my iPod through my speakers. WTF. The Client Advisor sat in my car with me and told me it would just connect on its own. An hour later (effing New Orleans traffic) it still will not work.

If you have the new iDrive, please PM me. I will give you my cell and please walk me through this. I tried "forget this device" and still the same thing. I can make calls via bluetooth but no iPod.

Thanks in Advance,

-Sara
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Your post is a little confusing, could you clarify?
Are you saying that your phone is connected via bluetooth, but when you accept calls the phone line does not go through your car speakers, but instead through your phone speaker? or.... are you saying you want to listen to your ipods music, but because your Iphone is connected it will not play music through your speakers while you're on your phone? If this is the case just turn off your phone bluetooth on the iphone. Sorry if I was of no help. Just didn't really understand your post.
      11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Your post is a little confusing, could you clarify?
Are you saying that your phone is connected via bluetooth, but when you accept calls the phone line does not go through your car speakers, but instead through your phone speaker? or.... are you saying you want to listen to your ipod but because your Iphone is connected via bluetooth it will not play music while your on your phone? If this is the case just turn off your phone bluetooth. Sorry if I was of no help. Just didn't really understand your post.
Ok let me clarify... When someone calls me the bluetooth picks up and I talk to them through the speakers of my car. However when I want to listen to my music, my phone will not play it through my car. I dont get it why its doing this.

How is it possible for me to accept calls through the speakers but it wont play my ipod through the speakers of my car. This has happened before. I just deleted the device and all was fine. But its not working now when I hit delete device and try to re configure it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT

you know ive got the new idrive, but im restricted from talking to you
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
philthy84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2

Can I still have your number even if I can't help you out? LOL

All joking aside, hope you can figure out the problem and please keep us posted as to what happens.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

:needpics :
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ok let me clarify... When someone calls me the bluetooth picks up and I talk to them through the speakers of my car. However when I want to listen to my music, my phone will not play it through my car. I dont get it why its doing this.

How is it possible for me to accept calls through the speakers but it wont play my ipod through the speakers of my car. This has happened before. I just deleted the device and all was fine. But its not working now when I hit delete device and try to re configure it.
Wait.. So you have no cables connected to the car? You usually play music through the phones bluetooth? If you don't figure it out just get a y cable or just a regular input cable to use in the middle console. Better quality sound anyways. Or maybe you do use a cable. I'm guessing you do actually lol
Attached Images

11-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

I dont want to have to use a cable. I just want it to go back to how it was before when it would play my iPod through the bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
1NS0MN1A
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS

I have the new idrive and I have never been able to play it through bluetooth. My camaro has that feature but I have always either used the usb or an aux cord. I have never done it wirelessly.

Did you always used to play music via bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NS0MN1A View Post
I have the new idrive and I have never been able to play it through bluetooth. My camaro has that feature but I have always either used the usb or an aux cord. I have never done it wirelessly.

Did you always used to play music via bluetooth?
Yes. A bluetooth symbol shows up at the bottom of my iphone screen when Im playing a song and it plays it through the speakers of my car everyday. Tonight it wouldnt.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...3#post10737363

May help... i OS5?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
I dont have the IOS5
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I dont have the IOS5
hmmm... and that thread isn't even going so my bad. thought it could eventually help.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Sara

What you're saying is that your "music transfer via bluetooth" (AD2P) isn't working.

With AD2P you are actually creating two BT conections - one for the phone and a separate one for AD2P

Here's what you'll want to do.

Delete the phone from the car
Delete the car from the phone - reboot phone

Check to see what other BT devices are paired to the phone. Delete any you're not using and remove any other paired devices from the vicinity.

Re-pair the phone to the car. Make sure that the car has the AD2P enabled for that phone.

Check the properties on your BT connection on your phone. Make sure that it shows both the car and the AD2P profiles enabled and connected.

If that still doesn't work, then please post back your phone model and your software version and we'll go from there.

There are reports of 5 not working properly with BMW. While BMW adheres pretty strictly to BT protocols, the same can't be said for Apple.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

Did you try looking at the owners manual?
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...tooth/faq.html

"Client Advisor sat in my car with me and told me it would just connect on its own" Sounds like a douche that just didn't want to deal with it...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
1NS0MN1A
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS

Just tried playing via bluetooth and it worked. If it was playing before you took it in, and not after, it is limited to being these things.

1.) the new software(did they make a software update?) is no longer compatible with the software on your phone
2.) Something is coincidentally going wrong with your phone(unlikely)

Way to see which of the above is true:

Get another bluetooth phone and try playing music with it. If it works, the problem is your cell phone, if it does not then its the car.

Good luck fixing it and take care!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NS0MN1A View Post
Just tried playing via bluetooth and it worked. If it was playing before you took it in, and not after, it is limited to being these things.

1.) the new software(did they make a software update?) is no longer compatible with the software on your phone
2.) Something is coincidentally going wrong with your phone(unlikely)

Way to see which of the above is true:

Get another bluetooth phone and try playing music with it. If it works, the problem is your cell phone, if it does not then its the car.

Good luck fixing it and take care!
They didnt do any update .. I brought it in this morning because I curbed my wheel yesterday and they had their wheel guy fix it. Im going to be a very unhappy girl soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #18
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Sara

What you're saying is that your "music transfer via bluetooth" (AD2P) isn't working.

With AD2P you are actually creating two BT conections - one for the phone and a separate one for AD2P

Here's what you'll want to do.

Delete the phone from the car
Delete the car from the phone - reboot phone

Check to see what other BT devices are paired to the phone. Delete any you're not using and remove any other paired devices from the vicinity.

Re-pair the phone to the car. Make sure that the car has the AD2P enabled for that phone.

Check the properties on your BT connection on your phone. Make sure that it shows both the car and the AD2P profiles enabled and connected.

If that still doesn't work, then please post back your phone model and your software version and we'll go from there.

There are reports of 5 not working properly with BMW. While BMW adheres pretty strictly to BT protocols, the same can't be said for Apple.

How do I make sure Ad2P is enabled. Where is that in settings?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Have you tried restarting your phone? You never know, that might work!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #20
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
Have you tried restarting your phone? You never know, that might work!
3 times.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Well mine won't work through Bluetooth audio unless you check the box to enable audio through your car for that bluetooth device. Just go to where your device shows up on I drive and configure go to the configure screen. You'll see two checkboxes... One for phone and one for Bluetooth audio. By default only phone is checked. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #22
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
Well mine won't work through Bluetooth audio unless you check the box to enable audio through your car for that bluetooth device. Just go to where your device shows up on I drive and configure go to the configure screen. You'll see two checkboxes... One for phone and one for Bluetooth audio. By default only phone is checked. Hope this helps.
Both boxes are checked
Appreciate 0