E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Warning about avinusa.com - Products shipping from HK instead of USA

07-22-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
dapharsyde
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Warning about avinusa.com - Products shipping from HK instead of USA

I recently placed an order for an E90 8.8" head unit, and their webpage makes the claim, "The CCC and CIC - Qualcomm Snapdragon North America version is Now in stock in California!

US orders received before 2 PM California time will be shipped out the same business day.

US Express shipping is 1 to 3 business days."

In fact, this is not true. It has been 2 days since placing my order, and after chatting with someone via online chat, they informed me my order is being shipped from HK instead.

They still have not provided a tracking number nor ETA.

They also do not provide a phone number to contact for support - you can only communicate with them via online chat.

I am contemplating just refusing the delivery and ordering a similar unit from a competitor. What really chafes me about this is that they make an effort on their webpage to make it seem like they are a US based company, but the fact they have no US phone number to contact, and are shipping products directly from HK, suggests that this is just a facade.

For anyone else thinking to order from AvinUSA, please take my experience into consideration.
Appreciate 0