E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d Fuel Economy Reduction During Break In Period?

06-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #23
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Does the slushbox have different modes - like sport, economy etc... or am I thinking of autos from decades ago
It has sport mode (revs out more) and manual mode - but at the end of the day it's still an auto - with the dead spot between changes
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #24
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Does the slushbox have different modes - like sport, economy etc... or am I thinking of autos from decades ago
It has 2 modes - D (Drive) and DS (Drive Sport)

Each mode has 2 sub programmes which are hot switched by the DSC+ system. The hot switching starts from scratch each time the vehicle comes to a complete halt. The system uses the DSC+ sensors to monitor driver inputs including braking, acceleration, yaw rate and steering input. It uses this information to discern your mood and selects the gearbox programme accordingly.

The sub modes are Economy and Extreme Economy within D and Sport and Extreme Sport within DS.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #25
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOz View Post
LRS,

Use the left hand (indicator) stalk end to scroll through the 4 options in the middle of the instrument binnacle, mpg, mph,miles left in tank and nothing. When you get to mpg, reset it using the stalk. I think you press and hold for a few seconds from memory.

Cheers
Matt
MattOz

Thanks for the info on resetting the OBC. Did the reset before leaving the office.

Totally Weird! Driving home tonight, my MPG got all the way up to 39.7!! It has never got that high before. The other weird thing is that the MPG display seems to fluctuate a lot more then it used to - more sensitive to my driving style at the time. Previously it never seemed to change much from 34.8.

What on earth does resetting the OBC do? Should you reset the OBC as a matter of routine?

LRS

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Reseting the OBC for average MPG (you can also reset the average speed), basically means that the figure now is the average between now and your last reset. If you were now to do a lot of hard driving, especially about town, the figure will decrease.

I only reset mine when it starts to get low and slightly depressing... But as needforspeed said:

Am I bothered? Look at my face I'm not even bothered. Face, bothered? I ain't bothered!
      06-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #27
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
It has 2 modes - D (Drive) and DS (Drive Sport)

Each mode has 2 sub programmes which are hot switched by the DSC+ system. The hot switching starts from scratch each time the vehicle comes to a complete halt. The system uses the DSC+ sensors to monitor driver inputs including braking, acceleration, yaw rate and steering input. It uses this information to discern your mood and selects the gearbox programme accordingly.

The sub modes are Economy and Extreme Economy within D and Sport and Extreme Sport within DS.
NFS,cheers thats interesting,30 mpg doesn't matter how i drive it
Had a play tonight switching the DSC off and left in DS mode.Now thats why i bought the 335,bet its a bugger in the wet tho'
Appreciate 0