E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v2 datalog and run against VIP tuned 335

01-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #89
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
Yeah but 121mph is a whole lot more than 116............
Yes, alot more.

No time slips and no dyno. Now that's fishy. Most people will post up timeslips. What's there to hide, unless there is something to hide.

Most people who get real high dyno #'s here post them for all to see. Even those that have crappy dyno sheets post them here for comparison sakes.

Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #90
bimmermansfl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
That is an interesting business plan; doing something just to help others with no thought to monentary gains.
Wow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan(e92) View Post
Way to sidestep the question about you inspecting the car or not.
I didn't inspect the car, sorry. Obvioulsy what bothers folks the most is not the possibility of this car actually having achieved an 11.2 sec run but the lack of proof thus far. I will obtain the timeslip and Dyno sheet and post the information.

In the meantime, are there any other questions that we would like answered?

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #91
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
Thats Mike's car. He works for VIP the has gutted stock DP,VIP CAI,Custom exhaust,and custom tuned EXED.
I guess Mike's 335i is just not nearly as fast as Jaque's 335i then huh?

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #92
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermansfl View Post
I will obtain the timeslip and Dyno sheet and post the information.
I bet you wont. I have asked Mike multiple times on the "other" site and it seems the "web designer" has ran off with everything.
      01-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #93
bimmermansfl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Let me see what I can do. At least the timeslips right.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #94
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
If you ever take your car to Moroso let me know I want to try my JB2RH against a V2.
Not really a fair comparison though, unless you're talking about running your JB2RH 335i on race gas vs. a PROcede V2 335i on race gas instead of 93 octane pump gas.

btw -- although my ET was just a bit better than yours, I did trap 111.22mph that night I went in Dec....on 93 octane with just PROcede v2; one would think on race gas, it should be trapping another 1-1.5mph higher.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 01-29-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #95
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
Yeah but 121mph is a whole lot more than 116............
+1. Trapping 121mph is as fast as a Nissan GT-R, but with an even faster 1/4 mi. ET (11.2 sec. vs. 11.7sec.)...hmmmm.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:42 PM   #96
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wow!!!

I didn't inspect the car, sorry. Obvioulsy what bothers folks the most is not the possibility of this car actually having achieved an 11.2 sec run but the lack of proof thus far. I will obtain the timeslip and Dyno sheet and post the information.

In the meantime, are there any other questions that we would like answered?
One would think that a guy like Jacque (who IMMEDIATELY posted his first record breaking 11.9sec. @ 116mph 1/4 mi. run Moroso timeslip on DragTimes.com) would also post this record SHATTERING 11.2sec. @ 121mph timeslip on DragTimes.com the very second he returned home from Moroso. It's now been weeks since this supposed record shattering run. It all sounds very fishy ; sorry, but that's the perception.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #97
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
I bet you wont. I have asked Mike multiple times on the "other" site and it seems the "web designer" has ran off with everything.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #98
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Let me see what I can do. At least the timeslips right.
FYI -- timeslips can easily be doctored.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #99
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Timeslips and dyno runs don't show what mods you have done to the car either. Hence, it doesn't answer the spray question!

There were people at the track the day he did the 11.2 run, so a timeslip isn't necessary really.
What's necessary is for him to come clean about spraying.

You know the general rule among law enforcement, attorneys, Judges, and Juries about someone's refusal to answer or show proof right?
People with wrongful claims against them want to show and prove their innocence.
People with things to hide are hiding them for a reason, which 90% of the time means guilt.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #100
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Timeslips and dyno runs don't show what mods you have done to the car either. Hence, it doesn't answer the spray question!

There were people at the track the day he did the 11.2 run, so a timeslip isn't necessary really.
What's necessary is for him to come clean about spraying.

You know the general rule among law enforcement, attorneys, Judges, and Juries about someone's refusal to answer or show proof right?
People with wrongful claims against them want to show and prove their innocence.
People with things to hide are hiding them for a reason, which 90% of the time means guilt.
Yeah, the saying is "deny until you die."

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #101
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

A lot of people jumping to various conclusions here and making accusations without concrete proof!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #102
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
A lot of people jumping to various conclusions here and making accusations without concrete proof!

Nice....
      01-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #103
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post

No nOt uS.

They've had plenty of time to show some proof, no "jumping" to conclusions necessary.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #104
M3to335
Whats that smell?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers, duh

All this talk reminds me of this....

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #105
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

"It's a... JUMP.... to conclusions matt!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to335 View Post

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #106
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

VIP says they will no longer publish track time and will have the track time board be blank as well.
      01-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #107
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
VIP says they will no longer publish track time and will have the track time board be blank as well.
Of course, they don't want to deal with the pressure to disclosing the truth anymore.

Funny how that works.

Guess they still don't get it...it doesn't MATTER what the track times are, it's what they have IN the car in order to GET those track times people want to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #108
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

FiskeGTS long time no see man.. Yeah it was bad gas. We replaced the filter and wound up draining and cleaning everything out. Car runs much better now. Also just took delivery of a beefy clutch today. Should be on the car tomorrow when I take delivery of new rims and tires.

Really excited about both of these things cause it means I can go back to running the tune I had before the clutch started slipping. I would like to roll with the Merc again that was definately one of the better runs I have had in SoFl. And I still laugh to myself that I couldn't figure out your license plate.

Before people start asking about the clutch. It is custom made using the stock clutch as a template. If it feels like crap and doesn't work worth a damn I will say so. But if it works well I may be able to hook a few who are interested up with one. That is, if you have found your car to be putting more power than the clutch can handle or you are looking to push your car further and would like to be prepared for it. Either way I will be starting a thread about and snap some photos before and during the install.

Lastly, TheGeneral went for a quick spin in my car last night and can attest to the amount of power it has so for all of those naysayers I will leave it to him to give his opinion. This is with the car detuned due to the clutch and the baldest tires you have ever seen. (refused to buy 6 tires in 1 week)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #109
FikseGTS
Private
Rep
Drives: E55,Viper,Q7

Garage List
good to hear.... let me know we'll run em again.... I just got new tires as well, and we might head up to Moroso on Friday if you can make it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
FiskeGTS long time no see man.. Yeah it was bad gas. We replaced the filter and wound up draining and cleaning everything out. Car runs much better now. Also just took delivery of a beefy clutch today. Should be on the car tomorrow when I take delivery of new rims and tires.

Really excited about both of these things cause it means I can go back to running the tune I had before the clutch started slipping. I would like to roll with the Merc again that was definately one of the better runs I have had in SoFl. And I still laugh to myself that I couldn't figure out your license plate.

Before people start asking about the clutch. It is custom made using the stock clutch as a template. If it feels like crap and doesn't work worth a damn I will say so. But if it works well I may be able to hook a few who are interested up with one. That is, if you have found your car to be putting more power than the clutch can handle or you are looking to push your car further and would like to be prepared for it. Either way I will be starting a thread about and snap some photos before and during the install.

Lastly, TheGeneral went for a quick spin in my car last night and can attest to the amount of power it has so for all of those naysayers I will leave it to him to give his opinion. This is with the car detuned due to the clutch and the baldest tires you have ever seen. (refused to buy 6 tires in 1 week)
      01-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #110
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to335 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Of course, they don't want to deal with the pressure to disclosing the truth anymore.

Funny how that works.

Guess they still don't get it...it doesn't MATTER what the track times are, it's what they have IN the car in order to GET those track times people want to know.
i'm thinking more along the lines of......

You Cant Handle the Truth!

Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0