E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > TRW M3 control arms or coil overs

03-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

TRW M3 control arms or coil overs

Has anyone installed the trw control arms on their e9x 335i - and if so have you noticed a huge difference.

I'm looking to install them once things settle down a little but could be persuaded to go for BC coil overs first if the control arms aren't a huge improvement alone- both will be done eventually.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on discs/pads setup I would be grateful. I am currently thinking EBC drilled/grooved with red stuff pads and stainless lines...

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #2
Silnismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I have both, M3 arms were done first then coilovers after and both were big improvements overall.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 05:38 AM   #3
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silnismo View Post
I have both, M3 arms were done first then coilovers after and both were big improvements overall.
Which coil overs did you go for? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for fitting for both the arms and coil overs - unless you fitted them yourself..
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
Silnismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silnismo View Post
Which coil overs did you go for? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for fitting for both the arms and coil overs - unless you fitted them yourself..
Cheers!
I went with raceland coilovers, been on them for 3 months and love them. They go super low, slightly stiffer then stock and great for DD and have a lifetime warranty. I went with Indy for the install, including alignment I paid $750 for the install.

M3 arms I had the dealer put in, and with alignment it was 800$ including labor for replacing my the tie rods too (they were seized).
Appreciate 1
noname125.50
      03-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
Styvy
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
Has anyone installed the trw control arms on their e9x 335i - and if so have you noticed a huge difference.

I'm looking to install them once things settle down a little but could be persuaded to go for BC coil overs first if the control arms aren't a huge improvement alone- both will be done eventually.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on discs/pads setup I would be grateful. I am currently thinking EBC drilled/grooved with red stuff pads and stainless lines...

TIA

I presume you are looking at BC BR?
I had the set up in front with m3 control arms. Great ability to configure. Camber plates also. Not for me. I had them replaced with Bilstein B12 kit.
Personally I was not happy with camber plates which are metal in front.. Both noise and vibration are more like race car.
In terms of performance I think B12 is more balanced. I tried to configure BR but never got them right.

Brakes:
Zimmermann rotors
EBC Yellow pads

Last edited by Styvy; 03-26-2020 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: add more
Appreciate 0