E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW Canada feedbacks

02-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
hansyes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 … A·W … E92™

BMW Canada feedbacks

Okay so I am thinking of calling or if it turns out to be rubbish, send a proper mail to BMW Canada regarding some seriously poor customer service.
So my question is.. Has anyone done this before and how satisfied were you with their feedback? I would love to hear from you all and sharing of your own experience is greatly appreciated!

i『 L o v e 』…
bmw·'E92' & "nodic ♀s"
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #2
benyl
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '10 W204 w/m156

BMW Canada doesn't care about bad service. Want to know why? Cause that is all you get in Calgary. Bad Service.
      03-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

same here a bunch of rip off's
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
They are just going to apologize, that's pretty much it...
      03-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
MechUT
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 SG 330i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [0.00]
When I had my ipod kit installed, they said they were having trouble 'cause the software wouldn't take... and they were also delayed on a part for an unrelated issue...

In short, my car took an extra day or two to be completed, and I was riding them hard to get it done. In the rush, they forgot to wash / vacuum, and it was a little dirty inside from the work they did.

I put this down on the "feedback" and the very next day my SA from Budds called, apologized, and offered a free detailing whenever I wanted it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by benyl View Post
BMW Canada doesn't care about bad service. Want to know why? Cause that is all you get in Calgary. Bad Service.
What's the story, is it their service dept or sales or what.?

My sales experience has been great so far.

I'm not saying there are no problems, but where are the problems?

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
benyl
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '10 W204 w/m156

4 days to do an oil change. They never call you to tell you what is happening with your car. You call them and they put you on hold for 30 minutes or hang up on you. Voicemail takes 1 day to be returned. They don't complete the service. My e46 had a recall and in the 4 days they had my car, they didn't do it. They wanted me to bring it again.

No apology after or any offer to make things right afterward.

Calgary BMW is a little better as they actually pick up the phone and talk to you.

The biggest problem is that you have to book 3 months in advance for an oil change. I think it is better now, but I have to experience it as my car is too new.

Every time I take the car to the Gallery here in Calgary, there are issue with the service team. Sales guys are great.
      03-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
4 days to do an oil change. They never call you to tell you what is happening with your car. You call them and they put you on hold for 30 minutes or hang up on you. Voicemail takes 1 day to be returned. They don't complete the service. My e46 had a recall and in the 4 days they had my car, they didn't do it. They wanted me to bring it again.

Calgary BMW is a little better as they actually pick up the phone and talk to you.

The biggest problem is that you have to book 3 months in advance for an oil change. I think it is better now, but I have to experience it as my car is too new.

Every time I take the car to the Gallery here in Calgary, there are issue with the service team. Sales guys are great.

Service is World Class when you are looking to buy. once you buy it,
the most you'll get is an apology, and boy do they have lots of apology letter templates.
      03-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Thx benyl.

They sound sh*t but I have at times gotten the same poor v-mail, on hold, poor service at Acura here in Edmonton too so I think many dealerships suck ass. They seem to hire shitty SA's and since any warm body is better than nobody, they keep delivering the lowest tier of service.

You gotta give the feedback and not let them send bs reports to BMWCA about their performance. I know you are pissed but you have to complete the loop to BMWCA.

I am going to Calgary BMW, we'll see how things go.

I am going to ask some direct questions to them about feedback and we'll see what they say.

GL, try Calgary BMW, but I guess you still have to book it months away.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #10
rich662
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My bad experience was when I got my 330i sedan in the summer of 06, I asked my SA whether the 335i sedan was coming out in September 06. He denied that this was true and it would be at least 1 year before the 335i sedan came out. When September came, I saw a few 335i sedans on the road and I called my SA and asked him wtf was going on, and he said he's sorry and it was all of a surprise by BMW Canada. I told him I was pretty pissed and I told him I would never buy a car from him ever again and would never recommend him to anyone here.

FS: DPE LS-5 (for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

we should post the SA / and other workers at BMW that you found un-satisfactory here.

i had a horrible experience with the financial department at auto west richmond. this guy name Raymond Yue, AVOID him at all cost. I was trying to put my downpayment for my car, and he laughed saying why i got 323i instead of the 328i.. I told him cause i am still in school, and i am already lucky enough to buy the 323i, and he kept saying how it is "bad'... And when it came to the payment, he screwed up our first payment, so i had to GO BACK to autowest again, and re-do all the paper work.. not one time did he appologize and just joked around..

AGAIN AVOID RAYMOND YUE. HE is easily spotted by his rat looking face.
      03-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
rich662
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323d View Post
we should post the SA / and other workers at BMW that you found un-satisfactory here.

i had a horrible experience with the financial department at auto west richmond. this guy name Raymond Yue, AVOID him at all cost. I was trying to put my downpayment for my car, and he laughed saying why i got 323i instead of the 328i.. I told him cause i am still in school, and i am already lucky enough to buy the 323i, and he kept saying how it is "bad'... And when it came to the payment, he screwed up our first payment, so i had to GO BACK to autowest again, and re-do all the paper work.. not one time did he appologize and just joked around..

My SA was James Au at Brian Jessel BMW. Liar!

FS: DPE LS-5 (for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323d View Post

I would of walked or bitched slapped him!!!!....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
chromerl
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: B/S 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
I would of walked or bitched slapped him!!!!....
Same here man. Why'd you go through with the deal? next time just walk
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
i dont want to put the SA's name, but i had to cancel a 328i order from Otto's BMW because the jerk wouldn't give me any rebate whatsoever. After i walked away and bought at another dealership, the manager of Otto's sent me an apology letter saying that is not the way Otto's BMW does business.
      03-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Exclamation Bayerische Motoren Werke

Perhaps, we should all sign a petition letter to include bullet points of issues we are having with our BMW dealers in Canada and send it to the BMW Headquarters in Munich.
I think if we can get 1000 signatures, they will listen and improve.
After all, we bought Bayerische Motoren Werke not Bavarian Manure Wagons.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #17
I3aby
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Avoid Auto West Please
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #18
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Perhaps, we should all sign a petition letter to include bullet points of issues we are having with our BMW dealers in Canada and send it to the BMW Headquarters in Munich.
i am pretty sure all we will get is a letter from them, and maybe a pity gift ...
      03-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #19
seifufu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
count me in for the letter....

i've had ok (not bad, but not exceptional either) service from their sales at various dealerships ...

my biggest issue with them is their refusal to listen to their customers (nevermind their tactics of gouging people who are trying to import - and are deservedly getting sued for it at the moment - but that's a separate issue). various threads have sprung up in this and other forums with a lot of prospective owners wondering why they haven't brought the M sport package for the e92 to north america; and i have written to them about this last year... it's hugely ironic that they ended their response letter with "the ultimate goal of BMW is designing and delivering vehicles that meet the needs of our customers ..." because after more than a year since the M package was released in Europe, we have yet to see it on this side of the pond...

thanks for listening to your cutomers bmw... you are doing an excellent job...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
Tmac911
Ty Come AGAIN!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i 6mt

Lol my frd had bad experience with James Au too
and i personally fking hate Auto West... they are a bunch of cocky sobs
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Maybe instead of a bad list we need to start a good list. That way we can help each other faster and get our problems solved in terms of service and sales?

This is an easy one and we can run it as a sticky on the Cdn page.

Comments? Ideas?

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #22
YYC Bimmer Driver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 & 2018 X2

I have been a customer at Calgary BMW (and before that T&T BMW) in Calgary for over 30 years. Having watched the brand come from relative obscurity selling 60 cars a year in Calgary to now about 200 a month, I doubt if BMWCA really understands or values their customers.

Just over a year ago, I send Lindsey Duffield a letter complaining about BMWCA's treatment of customers and dealers. The letter was prompted by horrible support of Cal BMW's service department during the repair of my E61. The Service Manager and the Shop Foreman each called BMWCA for technical support for 4 days (without a returned call) before finally giving up and calling BMWUSA who immediately escalated the problem to BMWAG. Answer came back from AG in 1 day. It turned out a module required reprogramming and that it needed to be sent to BMWCA for the work. They would not let the dealer do it. If you can believe it, BMWCA lost the module for 2 days within their shop. Two weeks to fix may car for software issues related to the RFT sensors only.

I sent the letter not to complain about the dealer but to complain about the arrogance of BMWCA and the unacceptable manner they deal with their customers. I got the standard pity letter back from one of the minions in customer relations (there's an oxymoron) with a $100 gift certificate. I phoned the asshat back and told him I didn't write my letter to get a gift certificate but perhaps their acknowledgement that customer service in BMWCA sucks. He still didn't understand my point despite a 15 minute call with him.

They say a fish rots from the head down, they are right. Duffield was in Calgary for the opening of the new dealership in November. He used his ten minutes to address the masses to pump new models and the Individual 6er. We get the sales job every time we are in the store. Do we need it on a night to celebrate the opening of the dealership too? The arrogance he displayed that night and in the Globe and Mail interview on the CA / US price differential (for which he later publicly apologized) is representative of the problem with whole organization.

Bottom line is they do not value their customers or the repeat business they are getting. If they did, they would be listening to us and changing the way the do business.

As an example, when ordering my E39 touring, I could only get a MT in a 525. Why not in a 540? BMWCA won't allow it. Why no MSPort on the e9X? BMWCA doesn't think we should get to choose it. Why? In EU, BMW brags about the flexibility and the choices they offer their customers. What is it, 1 million or something possible combinations for a 3er build in Europe. You want different wheels with your E90, no problem, just a different number to put on the build sheet.

Try to delete roof rails on a touring and see what kind of BS you need to go through here. Better yet, to add roof rails on an E61 MSPORT (deleted in the package), you have to pay a special order fee to get a no charge option put back on the car. What a joke.

I wonder if this arrogance will continue in 2008/2009 when the economy slows down and the number of sales is affected? Given past history, I doubt it very much.

I'll get off my soap box now. End of Rant.
Appreciate 0