E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > My car puked after guzzling from gas bong!

07-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Iceburg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 B8.5

My car puked after guzzling from gas bong!

Hey guys, not sure what to make of this, tried looking it up but did not find any real answers, perhaps one of you gentlemen may have experience.

My gas light came on so I was driving like I meant it! to burn the remainder of the fuel I had in my car, I fill with Chevron but had to pump $60.00 of emergency Petro over the weekend, anyhow by the time I got to Chev it was damn near on last few litres, I even drove to a farther Chevron a to burn the Petro Gas and becuase "Gas Buddy" app told me too heh...

Anyhow, I pay the boss at the pump 60 for that 91 son, and dont spill gas on my tank...... bout halfway through the pump I notice the dude stop, take the bong out, looks at me and sais "one sec" comes back and sais my car wont accept any more gas, he refunded me $30.00 of my $60.00, I looked at him like he just told me he shit his pants.......I was in disbelief... I drove off cause he had no idea either...plus it was rush hour and I was getting dirty looks from a fat chick in a VW Bug, also waiting to hit the gas bong....

What do you guys think was the cause?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
4doorgsr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Wtf did I just read
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
tomtom11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

the only thing i can think of from your post is it kept clicking off so he thought it was done. but i am not sure since i pump my own gas and so i dont know if this is what happened to you or not. but i know some people have had problems where the sensor gets messed up and it thinks the tank is full when its not.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

LOL eddie your hilarious but I dont have the answer to why the gas member prematurely clicked
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Iceburg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorgsr View Post
Wtf did I just read
**ahem**

My vehicle was operating at a dangeously low fuel level, a warning light alerted me that it was time to visit the nearest petrol station.

I paid a gas attendant to re-fuel my vehicle with $60.00 worth of their High Grade 91 fuel, I was not filling as this particular station is a "full serve"

The gentleman proceeded but halfway through advised me that my vehicle was "gag reflexing" the fuel, I was puzzled, perplexed, baffled, mystified, bewildered, befuddled & bemused all at the same time. I for one, sir, have never experienced this, in all of my 17 years of driving.

Can anyone from the community provide any clarity on what may have caused this, again, I am at a loss.....???

Is that better lol............
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
tomtom11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburg View Post
**ahem**

My vehicle was operating at a dangeously low fuel level, a warning light alerted me that it was time to visit the nearest petrol station.

I paid a gas attendant to re-fuel my vehicle with $60.00 worth of their High Grade 91 fuel, I was not filling as this particular station is a "full serve"

The gentleman proceeded but halfway through advised me that my vehicle was "gag reflexing" the fuel, I was puzzled, perplexed, baffled, mystified, bewildered, befuddled & bemused all at the same time. I for one, sir, have never experienced this, in all of my 17 years of driving.

Can anyone from the community provide any clarity on what may have caused this, again, I am at a loss.....???

if it was doing that then i am pretty sure i answered your q already

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572454
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Iceburg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
the only thing i can think of from your post is it kept clicking off so he thought it was done. but i am not sure since i pump my own gas and so i dont know if this is what happened to you or not. but i know some people have had problems where the sensor gets messed up and it thinks the tank is full when its not.
Interesting, this N55 has been stuttering as of late, I wonder if it's related...hmm, good point, I'll call my SA, wouldnt mind hearing everyone else's input as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engotski View Post
LOL eddie your hilarious but I dont have the answer to why the gas member prematurely clicked
Bahahahah, true story too!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
Iceburg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
if it was doing that then i am pretty sure i answered your q already

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572454
You know, that's probably it, I wasnt pumping, I will have to refuel tommorow and determine if the positioning of the nozzle is what caused it, thank you sir.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
tomtom11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You know, that's probably it, I wasnt pumping, I will have to refuel tommorow and determine if the positioning of the nozzle is what caused it, thank you sir.
your welcome. try it yourself and see if it happens again.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
ja.
Ja
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:

I was puzzled, perplexed, baffled, mystified, bewildered, befuddled & bemused all at the same time.
loool. @ the choices of words. i didnt even think that there are ppl who actually do pump gas for you. noones ever done that for me here.. then again i live in in the fraser valley mountains loool
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

wouldn't be the first time a dude prematurely pulled out on you bero.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
It probably is lol...I experienced that as well, asked an attendant and he said just don't put the bong too deep into the tank, worked like a charm lol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #13
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92
Quote:
It probably is lol...I experienced that as well, asked an attendant and he said just don't put the bong too deep into the tank, worked like a charm lol
Not what she said lol this thread is hilarious
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
**ahem**

Okay, now do it in pirate!
      07-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by engotski View Post
Not what she said lol this thread is hilarious