E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio/Music Stopped working, Chime works

11-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Radio/Music Stopped working, Chime works

So, all of a sudden, my radio and music have stopped working in my car. Sound still works, though, and I still hear the distinct hissing that is typical, controllable by the volume knob. The car still bongs at me. However, iDrive shows that I am not progressing through any of the music I play, even after pressing play. None of the radio stations play, either.

Does anyone know what is going on?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

I was almost certain that out of all the forums I had posted this to, someone would have known what was going on.

Anyway, the problem went away without explanation. Everything works again. It will likely break again, in the future. I have no idea what is going on. I am glad that I am not missing something obvious, however, as it seems to be a mystery to everyone else, too.
Appreciate 0