E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Finalizing Build – Need some last opinions

11-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Question Finalizing Build – Need some last opinions

I have the L7 no iDrive in my car. Due to some unforeseen circumstances (blew one of my under seat subs) I decided to do some upgrading.

1. Add in trunk Sub JL Audio W3v3 2ohm powered by a JL Audio JX500/1D this will be mounted in a custom corner box.

2. Replace under seat subs with SWS 8xi’s. ( I understand that these are not the best for midbass, and I am okay with that) I will be running these off a JL Audio JX250/1. I will wire them in parallel.

3. Technic Harness (Already purchased) The “Add a sub” wiring is pretty straight forward, no confusion there. I’m a bit lost as to how to amp the under seat subs from the harness so if you have some insight I would appreciate it (if not im sure I can figure it out once I have everything.)

So if you guys could give me some feedback/suggestions on this. I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I have the L7 no iDrive in my car. Due to some unforeseen circumstances (blew one of my under seat subs) I decided to do some upgrading.

1. Add in trunk Sub JL Audio W3v3 2ohm powered by a JL Audio JX500/1D this will be mounted in a custom corner box.

2. Replace under seat subs with SWS 8xi’s. ( I understand that these are not the best for midbass, and I am okay with that) I will be running these off a JL Audio JX250/1. I will wire them in parallel.

3. Technic Harness (Already purchased) The “Add a sub” wiring is pretty straight forward, no confusion there. I’m a bit lost as to how to amp the under seat subs from the harness so if you have some insight I would appreciate it (if not im sure I can figure it out once I have everything.)

So if you guys could give me some feedback/suggestions on this. I’d appreciate it. Thanks
The included pig tail (4 12AWG wires) connector is wired to your aftermarket amp outputs -in your particular case, to the JX250-1 amp outputs. Then you plug that pigtail into the harness -there is only one matching 4-wire connector in the harness. No way to plug it any other way.

That's it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post

Do not underestimate the importance of the underseats. They are the "bridge" between the front stage and the sub stage, as long as you choose the right driver. If you choose the wrong driver - cough...SWS-8...cough - then you will always have a "hole" where all that awesome midbass is supposed to be, and the front and sub stages will be audibly separated from each other.

If you look in the FS section, someone posted a link to an ebay auction for a pair of Kicker SSMB8s. If I were you, I'd grab those!

Also, if I were you I'd got with a W6 if you can fit it, but make sure the enclosure is at least .7 cu ft. Under that go with the W3.