E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Portland International Raceway - ACA/CCA track day q's

03-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Portland International Raceway - ACA/CCA track day q's

Hi Guys - if there is anyone in the Portland ACA that can answer this I'd appreciate it. A buddy and I up here in the Northwest (Puget Sound CCA) are looking at driving down to Portland for a High Performance Track Day this summer....it looks like there are a couple to pick from in July and August. As BMW CCA members, do we have reciprical rights to attend a track day in Portland through the ACA?

Also, are there any differences in how the High Perf driving schools are ran in the Portland ACA vs the Puget Sound CCA? For example, do you get more (or less) track time? Are instructors always in your car with you while on the track?

Any insight you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
mrCBR600
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90

Hello,

I have done a few of the HPDE here in Portland, and depending on what class you are (novice, intermediate, advance, instructor) you might have an instructor with you. I would think the formats would be the same, but never been to your events up there. I know they cost $150-175. You usually get 4-5 20 minute sessions.

here is the website:

http://www.bmwacaportland.com/

if you have any questions contact Norm Reini:

bmwhpde@yahoo.com

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Thanks MrCBR600....that's a heck of a price break compared to our CCA track events up at Pacific Raceways (we are paying about $235 per day). Might be worth a weekend trip down there...I hear the track is a lot smoother than Pacific's as well...more modern (and safer)....but I think Portland's track is a tad bit shorter in overall length.
Appreciate 0