E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335i RIP, I'm Back, replaced by 330d

09-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

335i RIP, I'm Back, replaced by 330d

Hi all

Back from a months ban on the forum. Just before I was taking an enforced break from the forum, the 335i got hit whilst parked outside my house by a banned uninsured scumbag. Outcome is it is a CAT D write off and I've since bought a cracking E90 330d Msport of a fellow forum member. The last 6 weeks have been a nightmare of insurance companies, claims management companies, police, etc, but now there is light at the end of the tunnel as it has all been settled in my favour. When I've got time, i'll put the full story up so others can benefit from the valuable lessons about insurance policies, non insured drivers etc.

Anyway, I get the 335i back on Monday (dead cheap) and will be putting it on ebay to try and make a few quid. If if doesn't sell then I'll be breaking it for parts. Got a double garage so I can take my time. I'll put the ebay link on the classifieds on here once I've got it back and photographed it properly.

Now I've got to clear my garage out!
Attached Images

Last edited by pjs; 09-24-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

That is not so good.

Hopefully got a good settlement for the 335i.

Only having to make back 3k should be very easy.

I've not seen any old BMW with the N54 squeezed in yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Post up some pics of Pricey's 330 all nice and clean and sparking already !

You'll make more than 3k surely. I'd repair the thing for a track car if I had the spare cash...
      09-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
That is not so good.

Hopefully got a good settlement for the 335i.

Only having to make back 3k should be very easy.

I've not seen any old BMW with the N54 squeezed in yet.
Thats a thought, 35i e36 anyone.....

In fact are the e9x donor cars for any kits cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Post up some pics of Pricey's 330 all nice and clean and sparking already !

You'll make more than 3k surely. I'd repair the thing for a track car if I had the spare cash...
You mean like this? Bet he's loving the Astra...

Track Car - or banger racer perhaps...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Glad it's now all settled and In your favour mate, been a tough few weeks eh
Glad your enjoying the 330d !
      09-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Welcome back are we allowed to know what the ban was for, or is it a bit like Fight Club? The first rule of being banned is...
      09-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul
Welcome back are we allowed to know what the ban was for, or is it a bit like Fight Club? The first rule of being banned is...
I was wondering that...

Maybe he stuck an 'm' badge on his non m car......
      09-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
welcome back!....
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
grappler26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Msport black

So how are finding the 330D after the 335i? i`d like to know, especially in

comparing accelleration, as i`m seriously thinking of making the same change myself at the end of the year. all the best.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
lets just say is was a mischievous comment in the 4 pot v 6 pot debate which upset a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
I was wondering that...

Maybe he stuck an 'm' badge on his non m car......
that should be a banning offence, but not one I'd ever be guilty of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
welcome back!....
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler26 View Post
So how are finding the 330D after the 335i? i`d like to know, especially in

comparing accelleration, as i`m seriously thinking of making the same change myself at the end of the year. all the best.
Had one before the 335i so I knew what to expect. The timing was perfect with a trusted seller. How does it compare - well I reckon by the time the 335i is doing 100, the 330d will be doing 80 at best. I'll miss it a little, that engine is so special, however the 335i had been demoted after 2 years and 60k miles to doing the school run and I've been in a 4 pot merc since. The 330d is now mainly for the school run and the wife. And the sound, well i wil miss that for sure.......Overall though, the 335i is a licence loser - if you give it the beans. The 330d is as fast as anyone sensible should ever need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Glad it's now all settled and In your favour mate, been a tough few weeks eh
Glad your enjoying the 330d !
cheers bud
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
12.5 secs vs 14.5 secs 0-100mph is noticeable!!
      09-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

The good thing is its only rear damage.

How much would you sell the car for as is in the pics?

and what is the mileage etc
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
KASPA
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSPORT

Good to hear everything worked out for you. Would give you 3.5k for the 335i if you want to make a quick bit of cash.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #15
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
The good thing is its only rear damage.

How much would you sell the car for as is in the pics?

and what is the mileage etc
Best send me a PM and I'll reply. Wrong part of the forum for me to treat as a classified ad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASPA View Post
Good to hear everything worked out for you. Would give you 3.5k for the 335i if you want to make a quick bit of cash.
Thanks, PM relied to
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
just a update to how the op works regarding this sale.

i was approached this morning via p.m to buy the car and when i put an offer in of £3000 which is the minimum he wanted to accept it was refused as an offer of £3.5k had been put in,i said i would leave it at first but went back saying if the deal fell through i would be happy to pay the same price but was not getting into a bidding war or taking the deal from under anyone.
I then had a phone call from the o.p saying he didnt want to sell it to kaspa as he had not come back saying when he was paying and the o.p would rather sell it to a trusted member so i agreed to buy the car and offered an instant deposit and the o.p said the car was due back in a couple of minutes and he would get some pics through to me and the only way he would not sell it to me was if someone offered 4k to which i replied i was not playing that game as i classed it as sale agreed in a gentlemans agreement.
Before the pics were sent which i never recieved the o.p was contacting other forum members asking them to view the car and offering pics which i think imo is a dirty way to operate so i rung him and told him he would be best putting on ebay if he wanted bids on the car and stop playing forum members off against each other to get higher price.

BE CAREFUL GUYS AS YOU MAY ALL END UP GETTING STUNG IN SOME WAY.

Ive also said all this to the o.p and said i would update the forum accordingly.

Within 10 mins of speaking to a forum member ironically he had an offer of nearly 4k probably hoping the member would come back with an increased bid.

Also note how the post has been edited to remove original price wanted.
      09-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      09-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
KASPA
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSPORT

I made it pretty clear that my offer was 3.5k in cash anytime he wanted which is very fair considering he only wanted 3k. P.s don't get why I'm not a 'trusted member', my money is real as the next persons. Anyway my offers on the table and will be sticking at that price as that's what I think it's worth.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
pjs
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans 330d View Post

i was approached this morning via p.m to buy the car and when i put an offer in of £3000 which is the minimum he wanted to accept it was refused as an offer of £3.5k had been put in,i said i would leave it at first but went back saying if the deal fell through i would be happy to pay the same price but was not getting into a bidding war or taking the deal from under anyone.
I then had a phone call from the o.p saying he didnt want to sell it to kaspa as he had not come back saying when he was paying and the o.p would rather sell it to a trusted member so i agreed to buy the car and offered an instant deposit and the o.p said the car was due back in a couple of minutes and he would get some pics through to me and the only way he would not sell it to me was if someone offered 4k to which i replied i was not playing that game as i classed it as sale agreed in a gentlemans agreement.
Before the pics were sent which i never recieved the o.p was contacting other forum members asking them to view the car and offering pics which i think imo is a dirty way to operate so i rung him and told him he would be best putting on ebay if he wanted bids on the car and stop playing forum members off against each other to get higher price.

Ive also said all this to the o.p and said i would update the forum accordingly.

Within 10 mins of speaking to a forum member ironically he had an offer of nearly 4k probably hoping the member would come back with an increased bid.

Here goes wasting 15 minutes I'll never get back with the actual events to avoid my forum reputation being tainted.

The unedited post said I'd need to get more than £3k. It didn't actually have a price as it is not a classified ad.

Over the weekend I had several PM's from 5 forum members. All have been replied to. The only actual offer at this stage was Kaspas very public £3.5k.

I PM'd lemans this morning as I thought he might be interested. He's local to me, and known for converting cars etc. Yes, he offered £3k. I declined. He came back with £3.5k. I called him, we had a chat. I said I wouldn't accept any offers yet as potential buyers need to see fresh pics. He sounded keen, fair enough. I said I didn't know Kaspa hence I didnt know how genuine the interest was, and would prefer to sell it to someone local/trusted. Lemans was the only forum member I approached by the way.

The car came back to me approx 11.30am. I took pics.

One of the members who'd previously approached me via PM was Raf. We'd also had a text exchange over the car. I followed it up today - he told lemans. Turns out after speaking to lemans that they know each other, and he told lemans this. Result is I then get a text from Lemans accusing me of "Its a dirty way to operate"

There was never a 'gentlemans agreement' as he put it. I wanted to make sure all interested parties had a chance to see the photos'. Lemans never got them because of his text he sent me.

So I speak to Raf, send pics, we talk, he mulls it over. Sounds a genuine guy who wants to turn a profit.

While all the above is going on, one of the forum members who I wont identify and had been exchanging PMs with me, we talk, I send pics, we barter, we agree a price and he pays a deposit. And when he collects I'm sure he'll be happy with his deal and the provenance of the car.

Those are the facts, make your own minds up. Didnt intend to offend anyone, kept it honest, PM's and Text messages back it all up. Exciting stuff huh. I could have put it on ebay after all and that is where it will definitely end up in the unlikely event the sales falls through for any reason. I really hope I don't have to post again in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans 330d View Post

Remember this thread not so long ago?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703987

Oh the irony of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #21
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Remember this thread not so long ago?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703987

Oh the irony of it.

yes but i wasnt bidding out other people the seller wanted to sell complete package.
they sold for £1000 at no profit to forum member

now its time to advise others.
      09-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Paul, it's your car mate and I would sell it to who you like!

First one to come up with the best offer backed up with hard cash gets the sale.

It appears that some 'bargain hunters' don't like missing out on a deal and I do believe in karma. What goes around comes around.
Appreciate 0