E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Jb4 software?

06-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Jb4 software?

So I'm probably the only one here who thinks there are absolutely no clear instructions as to how you're supposed to datalog with your jb4. Looked on bms' website, there were no instructions....there aren't even any more instructions on their website on installing flex fuel wires. So where is the software I'm supposed to download in order for me to datalog? Do I even need software? I looked on this forum and n54tech and any post regarding jb4 software seems to be outdated or doesn't specify whether or not the software for n54 cars is the same for n55 cars.

I'm coming from using Kpro from Hondata which is a much simpler interface to use because as soon as you buy the ecu, it clearly lays out instructions as to how you're supposed to datalog and tune.

Help would be great.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
I am not sure where you are looking, but there is a sticky on the N54tech forums that has all the info for N55 software. Flex fuel wire instructions are on the BMS website too:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...69837884,d.cWc
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
So I'm probably the only one here who thinks there are absolutely no clear instructions as to how you're supposed to datalog with your jb4. Looked on bms' website, there were no instructions....there aren't even any more instructions on their website on installing flex fuel wires. So where is the software I'm supposed to download in order for me to datalog? Do I even need software? I looked on this forum and n54tech and any post regarding jb4 software seems to be outdated or doesn't specify whether or not the software for n54 cars is the same for n55 cars.

I'm coming from using Kpro from Hondata which is a much simpler interface to use because as soon as you buy the ecu, it clearly lays out instructions as to how you're supposed to datalog and tune.

Help would be great.
there is a jb4 app on windows as well as mac, they both have the same layout and functionality, logging and tuning is done through the application.. also if you wanted too you could log wirelessly with an iphone or android but you have to buy the special usb bluetooth adaptor .. start the log in the program and do a 3rd gear pull from around 2500k to redline and stop log. send log to terry or anyone who knows there stuff.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=193708

look for where it says jb4 interface everything you probably need is on the page i linked.. enjoy and good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Wireless logging? Crap, I didn't see anything about that. I bought an extension cable and adapter for my android. On to check out the wireless, thanks!
Appreciate 0