E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > The Black Box* Must Read

03-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #133
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOK11atXEDE View Post
There will be XEDE products for the 335i and good tuners who will supply/support them.

Again

Lachlan Riddel
Technical Director
www.chiptorque.com
www.xede.com.au
I don't see "supporting vendor" under your name. Do the owners of this board approve of you advertising here?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #134
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
The thing people have to remember is that just because the black box made less power than the Procede doesn't mean it isn't capable of making more power with a better tune. Unless it is a situation where the Black Box (Exede) can't control some parameters the Procede can. You know things like the Vanos system.
Very good point If the Xede unit or other units can control other parameters and can produce the power then everything is on par.

Quote:
I've dealt with Shiv in the past and have the utmost respect for his tuning ability and product development. He custom tuned my Evo last year and it made a world of difference, even over the through the mail tune I already had.

That said I'm not one of his fan boy minions and us Evo guys have noticed he hasn't been spending as much time with us since he has started playing with these damn expensive German cars. (not that I blame him) I know that there are other people out there that can tune a car just as good as he can, I just don't see them working with the consumer the way Shiv has on the Procede.

Bottom line is competition is a good thing for the consumer.
Glad to hear that you have had good experiences with him as many others have. You are not talking about Shiv like a fan boy minion and sorry to hear that he left you guys for us...lol

Competition is good
      03-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #135
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys 335i View Post
I don't see "supporting vendor" under your name. Do the owners of this board approve of you advertising here?

What relevence does this have? In this instance, he is not advertising. His sig is to show that he represents the product and is not just some guy.

This is about products currently discussed. He is not creating a post trying to sell his 'xede'. Provide something with real relevence, please.

Go back and stand in the sidelines, FAN BOY!! or should I call you puppy...
      03-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #136
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBoler View Post

What relevence does this have? In this instance, he is not advertising. His sig is to show that he represents the product and is not just some guy.

This is about products currently discussed. He is not creating a post trying to sell his 'xede'. Provide something with real relevence, please.

Go back and stand in the sidelines, FAN BOY!! or should I call you puppy...
Fan boy.... your puerile attempt at an insult is amusing. However if he is going to "represent" his companys product, they should be a supporting vendor. That is how money is generated to support this site.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #137
boggysv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A4, but riding the bus for now

CAn I suggest that we have a sparkplug comparo after some significant miles by the different tuners? Certainly horsepower alone does not determine the quality of the tune, I'd like to use my car for quite a few years thank you.

(btw, this is starting to be like one of those apr vs giac vs mtm chip war on audi forums)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #138
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys 335i View Post
Fan boy.... your puerile attempt at an insult is amusing. However if he is going to "represent" his companys product, they should be a supporting vendor. That is how money is generated to support this site.
Pure Genius

So you are telling me that if someone is talking poorly about a company and they are not a sponsor, then posting is not allowed to tell their side of the story? Look at his post count, 8 as of now.

Also, does everyone here have a BMW? Are they not allowed to read the forum if they don't own one?
      03-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #139
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggysv View Post
CAn I suggest that we have a sparkplug comparo after some significant miles by the different tuners? Certainly horsepower alone does not determine the quality of the tune, I'd like to use my car for quite a few years thank you.

(btw, this is starting to be like one of those apr vs giac vs mtm chip war on audi forums)

03-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #140
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

Lightbulb

The point here has gotten lost. If the product works great. Time and numbers will tell. Shiv has developed an excellent product and others are also working hard on products. Our own Turbo Tuner is selling faster than we can produce them.

If the guy is happy with what he purchased great! If the product is a direct copy of something other people have developed than that is something for a court to decide.

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #141
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

nope still waiting for my PROcede
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 03:05 AM   #142
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post
The point here has gotten lost. If the product works great. Time and numbers will tell. Shiv has developed an excellent product and others are also working hard on products. Our own Turbo Tuner is selling faster than we can produce them.

If the guy is happy with what he purchased great! If the product is a direct copy of something other people have developed than that is something for a court to decide.

Jeff
Eurobahn
^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys 335i

Dannys 335i, this is where your comment applies about supporting vendors

Jeff, you are a real piece of xxxx (work?).

1. Shameless plug for some product you carry
2. Your comments are so out there. Courts?? You are so lazy not to have read anything about this thread
      03-12-2007, 03:08 AM   #143
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_owns_you View Post
nope still waiting for my PROcede
Hope you get it soon, many others are enjoying it

Enjoying what I have
      03-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #144
lkevinl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i 4dr Sport+Premium+Nav

Quote:
Enjoying what I have
Enjoying too much free time? Your post count is growing at a phenomenal rate. Quite impressive.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #145
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

Quote:
Hope you get it soon, many others are enjoying it

Enjoying what I have
yours + lots more torque, but yeah...
      03-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #146
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #147
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey Guys,

You guys had a busy weekend. Too many pages to read. Someone give me a little summary please.

p.s. Goodmorning Lachlan , how are you sir?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #148
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
OP gets a RD sport piggyback (exede). It doesn't make the power the Procede does with current tune. OP and black box get bashed. Shiv posts a few times about it being an Exede unit. Exede Australia comes on here. Prick waving ensues and here we are.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #149
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Where are the moderators on this forum? As a member of the Club Lexus site, I have to say that there is way more negativity here.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #150
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335lvr View Post

Where are the moderators on this forum? As a member of the Club Lexus site, I have to say that there is way more negativity here.

:finger:

J/K. There does seem to be some pent up hostility on this site more than others.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #151
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
You guys should go check out EvoM in the future Evo section if you want to see some negativity and hostility.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #152
DrM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335lvr View Post

335lvr, it isn't usually like this. There is apparently some tensions between a couple of the tuners and their supporters. Most of the time this is a very friendly forum. I am sure it will return to that once things cool off.

Welcome!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #153
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I find the discussions useful when they are about Tech. The personal business stuff is not so useful for us consumers.

The one thing I would LOVE to see is a BMW AG engineer get into the discussion of the aftermarket tuning. What does BMW think are the potential costs to the use of the PROcede?

The other thing I really like about Vishnu is the dialogue with the consumer, including updated maps. So when Shiv can devote more time to code cracking and programming, we are going to get better maps, apparently for free! This is awesome in terms of confidence building.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #154
DrM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
I find the discussions useful when they are about Tech. The personal business stuff is not so useful for us consumers.

The one thing I would LOVE to see is a BMW AG engineer get into the discussion of the aftermarket tuning. What does BMW think are the potential costs to the use of the PROcede?

The other thing I really like about Vishnu is the dialogue with the consumer, including updated maps. So when Shiv can devote more time to code cracking and programming, we are going to get better maps, apparently for free! This is awesome in terms of confidence building.
LOL...I am sure that there are a lot of PROcede owners that would NOT like for a BMW AG engineer to take an interest in these discussions
Appreciate 0