E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Anyone aware of the "BEEF" with this?

11-19-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Anyone aware of the "BEEF" with this?

Would be surprised if anyone knew...anyone?

If not it's a cool vid anyway. There's billions of "talent" in Floyd's house right there.

Sikk song too.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 03:43 AM   #2
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Bling and Vulgar springs to mind
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
They remind me of lottery winners for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixman View Post
They remind me of lottery winners for some reason.
Because they are rich, not very bright and live in toytown mansions snorting charlie out of a strippers arsecrack all day long?

(PS, I like SOME 50 Cent music, but Mayweather is a cocky little twat, and Pacquaio WILL fuck him like a bitch)

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

gangsta

(or, at least i think that's what the small people say)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
...and Pacquaio WILL fuck him like a bitch)

Matt
I wouldn't be too sure mate.

Plus these guys are good business men. A lot of monies would have come from activities other than what they are known for.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Rick Ross should have known better, 50 rewrote the beef rulebook.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKkBaSs View Post
I wouldn't be too sure mate.

Plus these guys are good business men. A lot of monies would have come from activities other than what they are known for.
I promise you Pacquaio will destroy him mate, the Western world wasn't, and still isn't ready for him. I am so confident, if the odds are good I will be putting money on it - that is, if Mayweather actually has the balls to take the fight.

As for the businessman element, I totally agree Jay-Z, Dr Dre and others are notably savvy, 50 Cent on the other hand is not.

Almost all boxers are notorious for poor financial management, and as with most rappers I expect they give a very large % of their earnings to have someone else ensure they make sound financial investments and get the best deal for whatever it is they are told to do next.

To say 50 cent is a good businessman is like saying Katie Price is a good businesswoman. Its incorrect, to a point, because the only good decision either of them made is who manages them - and even then its questionable as to the amount they take home vs what they could take home if they did the job themselves.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
As for the businessman element, I totally agree Jay-Z, Dr Dre and others are notably savvy, 50 Cent on the other hand is not.

Almost all boxers are notorious for poor financial management, and as with most rappers I expect they give a very large % of their earnings to have someone else ensure they make sound financial investments and get the best deal for whatever it is they are told to do next.

To say 50 cent is a good businessman is like saying Katie Price is a good businesswoman. Its incorrect, to a point, because the only good decision either of them made is who manages them - and even then its questionable as to the amount they take home vs what they could take home if they did the job themselves.
Absolutely. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this thread half an hour ago but couldn't be bothered typing it. Thanks Matt for saving me the job . In fairness, actually accepting the fact that they're better getting someone else to do things for them is in itself a good decision; that's why I don't service my own cars for example.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Absolutely. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this thread half an hour ago but couldn't be bothered typing it. Thanks Matt for saving me the job . In fairness, actually accepting the fact that they're better getting someone else to do things for them is in itself a good decision; that's why I don't service my own cars for example.
For sure, for example if I were Matt 'The Fat Controller' Smail (Legendary DJ) I would think like this...

Matt manages himself and takes home 100% of his earnings.
He cant be bothered to ring up people for signings, shows, gigs etc, but people still come to him, so he makes about £1 million P/A which is great.

Matt uses a management company and takes home about 50% of his earnings.
He doesnt have to worry about arranging signings, shows, gigs etc, but someone is proactively seeking work, as well as that which comes anyway, so he probably now takes home £1 - 2 million P/A which is even better.

He might seem a cunt for paying half his money to some fatcat suit, but at the end of the day, he is somewhat better off for doing it!!

Not to mention he gets unlimited coke and strippers, or in Katie Prices case, unlimited UFC wannabes to fuck the shit out of.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual

Quote:
or in Katie Prices case, unlimited UFC wannabes to fuck the shit out of.
Thanks! I need a new keyboard now as this one's been sprayed with coffee!

Agree with the point though, 50 sure as hell isn't a businessman. Didn't he inherit a lot of savvy business minds from Shady records and/or Dre though?
      11-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I promise you Pacquaio will destroy him mate, the Western world wasn't, and still isn't ready for him. I am so confident, if the odds are good I will be putting money on it - that is, if Mayweather actually has the balls to take the fight.

Matt
Look everyone can say anything. At the end of the day, if the fight goes down then we will know for sure. However, the way Mayweather fights makes him invincible. He don't need to scrap or take punishment - he simply cannot be hit. You can't land shots on him, he is too evasive.

I know Pacman is the shit. I don't deny that. He's gifted but, he will fall short against Mayweather. Pac-man's been stopped before. He's been knocked out. He has flaws. Mayweather has none. Only he gives it large, but he's earned that.

Last edited by SiKkBaSs; 11-19-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Well at least maybe it will be a decent fight.

I actually thought Cotto was stopped way too early, he was absolutely fucked but plenty lively and the stoppage was based on what exactly???

I just think Pacquaio will tire him out, eat whatever Mayweather throws and could push the pace in a way which he won't like - 5 or 6 rounds in and Mayweather will tire, all American fighters do!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

All that money and plastic cups?
      11-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Matt
I'd actually disagree with that, before 50 was picked up by Shady/Aftermath what he did with mixtapes was pretty groundbreaking (Power Of The Dollar, 50 Cent Is The Future etc etc) It was only due to this that Eminem and Dre picked up on him, then the whole G-Unit mixtape series set a trend that people like Lil Wayne have followed.

He didn't do too badly out of the vitamin water deal either, I would say his greatest talent has been becoming a huge success despite being a pretty average rapper, and if Dre was so astute how did he get royally shafted by Suge and Death Row for all those years?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by prt71 View Post
I'd actually disagree with that, before 50 was picked up by Shady/Aftermath what he did with mixtapes was pretty groundbreaking (Power Of The Dollar, 50 Cent Is The Future etc etc) It was only due to this that Eminem and Dre picked up on him, then the whole G-Unit mixtape series set a trend that people like Lil Wayne have followed.

He didn't do too badly out of the vitamin water deal either, I would say his greatest talent has been becoming a huge success despite being a pretty average rapper, and if Dre was so astute how did he get royally shafted by Suge and Death Row for all those years?
50 cent best music was all pre shady aftermath and his voice was miles better before he got shot.

'shug' alledegly hung dre out of a top floor window saying sign here or ill let go
      11-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
50 cent best music was all pre shady aftermath and his voice was miles better before he got shot.

'shug' alledegly hung dre out of a top floor window saying sign here or ill let go
Think he did that with Vanilla Ice as well

50 is ok to me, never going to be a lyricist like say K-Rino, have flow like Canibus or Eminem, and not going to make me want to change the world like Public Enemy but GRODT is still a nearly classic album and when he disses it tends to be funny, Ja Rule never recovered and Rick Rawse won't from this one.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by prt71 View Post
Think he did that with Vanilla Ice as well

50 is ok to me, never going to be a lyricist like say K-Rino, have flow like Canibus or Eminem, and not going to make me want to change the world like Public Enemy but GRODT is still a nearly classic album and when he disses it tends to be funny, Ja Rule never recovered and Rick Rawse won't from this one.
it was his deal clincher, i bet it worked 100%

nowadays ill only listen to eminem's old stuff from rawkus records, canibus 2nd album, BIG PUN seriously talented man RIP, BIG L RIP best dissis and insults ever, i love Biggie smalls RIPfor me i goose pimle to his stuff so simple but so complex, amazing , DRE. and a lot of underground stuff from the 90s imo that was the era when hiphop was staggeringly good, musically and lyrically. im sorry but for me all that k rhino - dirty dirty shit is rubbish...

i hope when DRE finally drops detox it will be worth the wait.
      11-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

THIS
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe one of you lot needs to make me an mp3 cd (seriously) so I can hear some of this stuff.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 03:23 AM   #21
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
it was his deal clincher, i bet it worked 100%

nowadays ill only listen to eminem's old stuff from rawkus records, canibus 2nd album, BIG PUN seriously talented man RIP, BIG L RIP best dissis and insults ever, i love Biggie smalls RIPfor me i goose pimle to his stuff so simple but so complex, amazing , DRE. and a lot of underground stuff from the 90s imo that was the era when hiphop was staggeringly good, musically and lyrically. im sorry but for me all that k rhino - dirty dirty shit is rubbish...

.[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsRpmhZT00E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsRpmhZT00E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]

I like pretty much all of those you mention, got about 2000 hip hop cd's. Give K-Rino a quick listen, not a typical southern artist, the best lyricist I have ever heard.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6KMcKKEcqc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6KMcKKEcqc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

After a few listens Break It Down's cleverness is mindblowing.
Appreciate 0