E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > LET 135i hits 377whp / 414wtrq!!!

03-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #23
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
if ur responding to bavarian's post......I dont care if the hand of god is powering the car, a 135 is not trapping 125mph+ on the stock snails.
      03-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #24
Eric@AMS
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
We have localy a stronger ,custom tuned, 135i than the above. Hits 383whp on a mastang dyno which is equal to 400+ whp in Dynojet.
FYI the generalization that a mustang dyno reads lower than a dynojet is not necessarily true. A mustang can read much higher than a dyno jet if its set up that way. Case in point we have one local to us that consistently reads about 4-5% higher than our dyno jet 424x. It's all how the system is setup and what is inputted into the Mustang that allows it to read what it does.

Dyno number should not be compared across different dyno's even if the dynos are of the same MFG. The Dynojet is close but even in their case if the correction factors are different or the weather stations are not both readying correctly you are comparing apples to oranges.
unfortunately the whole "mustangs read low" is a statement that has been passed around allot and deemed to then be true. Not necessarily the case.

Now if you know this particular mustang dyno you speak of reads lower than a specific dyno jet you speak of because you have done a same car comparison that is a different story.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate improper generalizations getting tossed around the net where people that might not be in the know can take it as fact
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 03:26 AM   #25
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@AMS View Post
Now if you know this particular mustang dyno you speak of reads lower than a specific dyno jet you speak of because you have done a same car comparison that is a different story.
I confirm that this is the case... And its not only on this specifc car but to several others as well.

I believe that this specific mustang is the most reliable dyno around and my comment was not meant to insult the specific dynos.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #26
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
so they picked up another 109whp over their last tuned dyno

different dyno?

here is what i posted over in the 1 addicts LET flash thread:
1/ curious that you need FULL catless (or catless dps AND high flow secondary cats) for your stage 3.
.... not that many people run this setup.

2/ also, with your stage one - and no mods - you gained approx 70 whp over stock baseline
but your stage 3 gained only another 60 over your stage 1 but you added:
CP-E Full Exhaust with resonators
Code3 Spearco IC
AFE Intake
RR Downpipes

3/ what numbers do your stage 2 put out, and what mods are needed ??
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Only dyno reading I care about is from a dyno dynamics, period.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

More information on LET Motorsport:

"Hello Guys,

Let me try my best to clear some of this up. We only post on 1addicts at the time because we have a 135i in house, we have our dealer such as HP Autowerks push our software on the other N54 boards. Soon we will be sponsoring more on bimmer forums because we are very confident in our software.

Just a little history of L.E.T. we have been custom tuning Mercedes Benz for years and made a very good name for ourselves in this market, now that we have the tools and knowledge we plan on expanding it to all of the European markets. We make stage tunes www.letmotorsports.com <http://www.letmotorsports.com> as well as travel around the country custom tuning cars check out the MB boards for some of the feed back we get. www.mbworld.org/forums <http://www.mbworld.org/forums> .

Know about our N54 Tunes, our stage 1 done very well gaining 52whp and 50rwtq with 12psi, and we have yet to finalize our stage 3 tune, which will be done shortly. Unfortunately we do not have stock numbers on the mustang dyno but on the dyno dynamics we did 275hp. Once the stage 3 is done we will get over to a dyno jet so everyone can see those numbers and make comparisons.

Also like Eric from AMS said dyno numbers sometimes don't tell the whole story, they can be calibrated differently and numbers can be so far off of the truth it hurts. We are looking to purchase a dyno in house very soon so we don't have this issue with comparing numbers on different dyno's and we apologize for this confusion. But the dyno we wanted to use for all of our testing and comparison is not available anymore.

The car has spearco I.C., RR catless downpipes, cpe exhaust, afe intake, stock d.v.'s and our tune the mustang dyno (WCF)Weather Corrected numbers is 377whp an 415wtq at the wheels, we like to always put up the uncorrected numbers but as you can see the print out was not that great and the those numbers where 366whp and 399wtq. We are on the quest for more reliable power and once our stage 3 is finalized we will make it known.

We encourage everyone that is local to us or HP Autowerks to come by and test drive the car and see what you think, we have dealers across the U.S. http://letmotorsports.com/Links.asp <http://letmotorsports.com/Links.asp> and we do have 7 day money back guaranty. So if you don't like it just come and we will flash your car back to stock.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us at anytime."

Harold
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #29
homi mike
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2001 MB Piece of Shit

Harold,

The car is no doubt putting out some great #s, and I am excited to read this as I just got into the N54 family
Looking forward to see some #s from a local dynojet for comparison, better yet, a trap speed of 120+ mph would be nice
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #30
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by homi mike View Post
Harold,

The car is no doubt putting out some great #s, and I am excited to read this as I just got into the N54 family
Looking forward to see some #s from a local dynojet for comparison, better yet, a trap speed of 120+ mph would be nice
As soon as the local dyno facility can get me in, I'll be doing a comaprison between stock and LET stage 3.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #31
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

interesting
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #32
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
As soon as the local dyno facility can get me in, I'll be doing a comaprison between stock and LET stage 3.

same car, same day, and same dyno ??
for most of us, that is the optimal way to see how a tune works.

m 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #33
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
same car, same day, and same dyno ??
for most of us, that is the optimal way to see how a tune works.

m 2 cents
Yes, my car, same day, same dyno, 10 minutes apart(time for me to flash from stock to stage 3).

Harold
Appreciate 0