E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Need exhaust help!

12-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
3DIRTY5NJ
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 335i LCI JB4

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Exclamation Need exhaust help!

So after xmas im hoping to have my ar catless dp's. After that i want to see how the noise will be, then if its still not as loud as i hoped, i am thinking about deleted my resonator and 2nd cat and leaving the stock mufflers. How loud will my car be? i want it to be a deep throaty noise but nothing too loud and nothing that will make it sound like a chainsaw like people who do straight pipes. Just wanted to make my car a litle louder while i wait for the spring when im hoping to have saved enough for an eisenmann sport or race exhaust (still dont know how loud the sport/race is!). I tried looking for videos of e90 335i with just catless downpipes,2nd cat delete and resonator with stock mufflers but no luck! if anyone has this set up and can post a vid of it or description that will be appreciated! THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Sweet jesus... full cat deletes and res delete on a stock muffler? It sounds horrible and loud. The stock exhaust is too restrictive so it makes a horrible rasp (not good kind either) and drone louddddd when you gas it. Save up for the exhaust system and keep the stock dps. I think you should try to save for the eisenmann system and throw it on first before any other mods, it might be too loud even then but I don't know your preferences. If its not loud enough, get the dp's that way you won't waste money on the dp's just in case it is too loud already.
Message a member on here named: slick714 (if he's asking how'd you know, just say I told you about his set up lol)
He has the full cat delete with res delete on a stock muffler
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
3DIRTY5NJ
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 335i LCI JB4

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Sweet jesus... full cat deletes and res delete on a stock muffler? It sounds horrible and loud. The stock exhaust is too restrictive so it makes a horrible rasp (not good kind either) and drone louddddd when you gas it. Save up for the exhaust system and keep the stock dps. I think you should try to save for the eisenmann system and throw it on first before any other mods, it might be too loud even then but I don't know your preferences. If its not loud enough, get the dp's that way you won't waste money on the dp's just in case it is too loud already.
Message a member on here named: slick714 (if he's asking how'd you know, just say I told you about his set up lol)
He has the full cat delete with res delete on a stock muffler
Oh wow I had no idea. I found someone else with the same setup but with stock dps and he was sayin how it sounds amazing and no drone at all. Yeah I'm probably gonna go with the dps install because I want to run map 2 on my tune and then if I'm not content with the tone of the exhaust ill go with the resonator delete. Now I'm getting scared about the eisenmann exhaust cause I deff don't want to sound like a rice burner. Thanks bro and if you can get me more info I would appreciate since your the only one to respond haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruguaybmw91 View Post
Oh wow I had no idea. I found someone else with the same setup but with stock dps and he was sayin how it sounds amazing and no drone at all. Yeah I'm probably gonna go with the dps install because I want to run map 2 on my tune and then if I'm not content with the tone of the exhaust ill go with the resonator delete. Now I'm getting scared about the eisenmann exhaust cause I deff don't want to sound like a rice burner. Thanks bro and if you can get me more info I would appreciate since your the only one to respond haha.
No problem at all lol I'm a sound whore so to speak. You'll sound like a ricer more if you keep the stock exhaust. Its too restrictive so that's why its so raspy and sounds the way it does. Even civics can sound clean straight piped with the right exhaust. Just try the eisenmann system before you go to the catless dp's. When deleting a cat, it makes a louder note and raspier (in a good way) and it will sound a lot nicer with the dp's after. The reason I say go this way is because you'll love the eisenmann system either way. Its a beautiful exhaust note and if you want it louder, throw the dp's on. If its too loud, you can sell the dp's. And also, the dp's are expensive and a hassle to install and uninstall both ways from stock to catless and vice versa. The exhaust won't be as bad and you can DIY. Plus if you don't end up liking the dp's, you'll not want to get the exhaust system because you think the sound will sound worst. Me personally, I LOVE how loud my car is lol that's why I went crazy experimenting on a jdm n1 exhaust and threw it on my car and I loved the sound so much I went catless. If I didn't like it, its not a waste because I can always bolt my old ones back on (I had it flange welded)on the cats and cat delete.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0