E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Shocks and Spring Set - e93

07-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Shocks and Spring Set - e93

Hi Guys,

My mot just failed because my rear shocks are leaking apparently . The car was in for a Service and MOT with BMW so the quote for a rear shock pair from BMW was around 500 quid.

i had been previously contemplating dropping my car and now that i need to replace the rear shocks anyway, I might as well get the work done now. i have seen a few kits for the E93. Also the kits cost around £600 so it makes much more sense to do this than to pay for the OEM ones from bmw.

The kits i have seen are

B12 + eibach

and

Koni

I know nothing about suspension and springs so apologies if these next questions sound silly but I was wondering if someone could help?

1) Do both of these kits include the shocks that I need? Or is my understanding of what i need incorrect?
2) What sort of charge would I be looking at to get a kit fitted?
3) Will both these kits give me the desired drop im after aswell as they seem to have H&R or Eibach springs

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 535D & e93 335i Highline

As I have just replaced my suspension with a set of SPAX coilovers fully adjustable I thought I would entertain an answer.

Both the B12 + the Koni suspension kits are good and will have every thing you will require. The only problem I find is they will lower the car and can not be adjusted to suet the car but with Coilovers you can adjust the ride height to your own needs/style.

AS for fitting, I paid £100 as it was a mate that did the installation and he works at his dad's garage. I was quoted £400 by one garage and £350 from another so that would be the going rate from a garage. If your near Andover I could have a word and arrange some thing if your willing to travel, I normally replace them my self but there is to much to take apart for my liking...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #3
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Steve View Post
As I have just replaced my suspension with a set of SPAX coilovers fully adjustable I thought I would entertain an answer.

Both the B12 + the Koni suspension kits are good and will have every thing you will require. The only problem I find is they will lower the car and can not be adjusted to suet the car but with Coilovers you can adjust the ride height to your own needs/style.

AS for fitting, I paid £100 as it was a mate that did the installation and he works at his dad's garage. I was quoted £400 by one garage and £350 from another so that would be the going rate from a garage. If your near Andover I could have a word and arrange some thing if your willing to travel, I normally replace them my self but there is to much to take apart for my liking...
Ahh thanks for this. I ended up getting the B12 plus eibach in the end as I think i will be happy with that ride height coming from SE suspension! thanks though!
Appreciate 0