E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E92 - Treo 700wx problems

02-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

E92 - Treo 700wx problems

I took delivery of my 335i Coupe yesterday. I was able to easily pair my Sprint Treo 700wx, but every single call drops from Bluetooth as soon as the conversation begins. The call stays solid, but the car drops the connection with the phone. As soon as I make another call, it connects again and then again, drops the connection.

The Treo 700wx is a little problematic, in that they tend to drop Bluetooth services between calls, so maybe there's a common problem there.

Anyone else having any success with this?

Thanks,

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Sunstealer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S4 / 09 G37

I use a Treo 700wx as well and have not had that problem. Mine is the Alltel version though and not the one from Sprint. I have only had two issues with mine. One is that the address book feature only works for contacts you have setup as speed dials (not your whole contact list). The other is that when I was in my office one day, I was not able to answer or place calls on my phone until I switched off bluetooth. It was acting like it was still attached to the car, but the car was turned off. It only happened once though.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

UPDATE...

After making the decision to do a "hard reset" on the phone, for a number of reasons. Bluetooth works much better. It's not dropping the connection any more, and today it even picked up my speed dial numbers in the Treo 700wx. This is about all that I really need, if it keeps working properly.

Still some jerky things, like it only picks up the speed dial numbers after the first call is made. But, overall if it stays connected, I'm happy.

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
UPDATE...

After making the decision to do a "hard reset" on the phone, for a number of reasons. Bluetooth works much better. It's not dropping the connection any more, and today it even picked up my speed dial numbers in the Treo 700wx. This is about all that I really need, if it keeps working properly.

Still some jerky things, like it only picks up the speed dial numbers after the first call is made. But, overall if it stays connected, I'm happy.
More updates...it's once again dropping the connection from the phone to the car. This is VERY frustrating, to say the least. If Sprint had a SIM card, this would be easy, but they don't. I'm even considering getting a phone just for the car, but then every time I get in and out, I would need to forward calls back and forth - that's just stuipd. I don't think I can live without my Treo 700wx, but I don't know what else to do at this point.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Sunstealer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S4 / 09 G37

It is weird, after I posted my message above I started having a similar problem. After leaving a board meeting late last night, I tried calling my wife who was out of town on business. I could pull up my address book, but the connection would drop when I would try to call her number. The phone would only pick up the area code and try to dial it without the rest of the number. I finally ended up dialing it manually using the numbers on the radio. It worked fine today though.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
More updates...it's once again dropping the connection from the phone to the car. This is VERY frustrating, to say the least. If Sprint had a SIM card, this would be easy, but they don't. I'm even considering getting a phone just for the car, but then every time I get in and out, I would need to forward calls back and forth - that's just stuipd. I don't think I can live without my Treo 700wx, but I don't know what else to do at this point.
Yet more updates...the final chapter (I hope).

I paired my wifes Samsund A900 and had flawless operation. My Treo continued to drop connections. I decided to re-pair my Treo with her X3, where it worked flawlessly for six months. Ah Ha!!! same exact problem, which tell me I have a bad phone. Went to Sprint tonight, but no tech on staff at that store. I have to go another day to another, bigger store where a tech is. I assume a replacement phone will be issued and also assume that will take care of the problem. I'll let you know.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
DesignAutoStudio
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 Alpine White 335i

You can probably try posting in www.howardforums.com and see if you get any feedback on it.

I have a Treo 700wx and havent had any problems yet with the Bluetooth function on the 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

FINAL UPDATE !!!!

Sprint swapped my phone today and the new one works great.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
KungFuJoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i

I'm having the same problem with dropped calls and overall flakiness with my 700wx and an E90. I know it's not the E92 but the symptoms you guys are describing sound similar.

I noticed the poster before me said he swapped his phone through Sprint and it now works fine. Anyone else swap out their phone with similar results?
2006 330i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
gichoke
Captain Generale
Rep
Drives: 18' M2

I am having the same issues...I have decided to turn off the BT on my Treo for now. I am debating returning my phone to Sprint to see if a new one will be any better. Anyone have any tricks?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #11
edspilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking

Same Problem w/ Sprint Kantana

I'm have the same problem with pairing.

The phone and the name shows up and then 20 sec or so it drops,,,
then re-pairs automaticlly and then some seconds later drops again. It never has stayed connected long enough to load the address book.

I have the latest software for the phone but still no go. I'm wondering if it is the phone, only had it 6 weeks now. The car 06, 330i was at my retirement home for the winter and just tried to pair this wekend.

I know you all were talking about the Treo but just thought I'd share your's & my pain.

Dean
Past: 2005 R22 Beta II
Past: 2006 330i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I had those problems of connections dropping and to fix that I loaded the jetware software on my treo. http://www.jetwaremobile.com
I have the free trial right now and it works really well so I plan on buying it.
Stays connected, shows signal strength.
The phone itself is still buggy sometimes but I'm working on that. I've found it needs a soft reset every so often.
Appreciate 0