E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY Powered seat retrofit (WIP)

02-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #309
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnudsonM3 View Post
I bought a set of e92 M seats and installed the driver. Only the positional seat controls work.

The seats have heat, memory and bolster support.

Car and seats are post 03/07 build date.

My question is about the connectors:

1)The main connector that connects the seat to the car
2) the small black one that has male and female ends.
3) A mystery connector that's white. I believe its to power the memory, heat, lumbar and bolster.

Can someone help me with #3? #2 and #3 both come from the seat. #2 has a connection coming from the car so its a non issue.

Edit: I should add, I am wondering if I can splice the wires from #3 and connect them to #2.
3: sounds like the active headrest plug (small white with 2 pins?).

what are you questions mate?

Every thing you need to connect them is in the tread, please read it at least twice.

You will need to know the exact year of your car, the exact year of your seats. This is because different years have different pinouts.

If the seat moves (up/down, forward/back), then the seat has power.

If the heater does not work then connect power to pin 9 (yellow seat plug) and GND to pin 8, you will also need pin 1 to pin 38 of the jbe (driver side) and pin1 to pin34 to jbe (pass side).

For the lumbar connect pins 7 (yellow seat plug) to 12v and pin 13 to gnd.

You may need to connect the can bus too.
      03-12-2017, 05:00 PM   #310
dgaultiere
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i MT BPC Stage 2

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azx33 View Post
I have read the thread and would like to do the seat swap. I have a 2006 325i with heated seats all options and a 2011 335i with non-heated seats with power and memory. Both E90s.

I would like to swap the 06 seats into my 11. Does anyone know for sure if this will work or not. I am a EE and will figure it out, but I am curious if anyone had tried this and found it to be a no go before I waste my time.

Thanks
Did you have any luck with this? I'm also trying to swap 2006 seats into a 2011. So far I get no power or anything when I plug in the 2006 seats in my 2011...

Anyone have any idea what is needed to accomplish this?

Attached are pictures of my the wiring for each seat. The first picture is my current seat (2011), the second picture is the seat I am trying to swap in (2006). Both seats are powered, memory, and lumbar. The '06 seat is sport and heated. The '11 seat is non-sport and non-heated.

I'm less concerned about the heating functions as I am getting the power to work. I mostly want the sport seats.

Edit: I was able to get power working for both seats. I do have a seatbelt warning light however. It looking at the connectors below you can see the wire colors are different for those connectors. Anyone have an idea how to correct that?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0