E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > strangest problem ever with rainsensor + windshield wipers

01-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
piggelin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 2005

strangest problem ever with rainsensor + windshield wipers

so i got this strange thing with my wipers, i will upload a video if people seems to be interested of finding the problem. my dealer couldnt even give me a exact problem, after doing "diagnostics".

the rainsensor wont work at all, it will start when i push the button, but thats it, it will go once and instead of going back and stopping, it will go a little step and stopping a little bit up. hard to describe but, i can compare to when u have the wipers on and pull out the key and the wipers stop. that seem to happen soon as i try to use the wipers, or turn the sensor on.

and as i wrote before, the sensor will start but not work.

it could be a relay, they say. but nobody is sure, i didnt get a final answer or a price for the work.

and btw, its a european bmw, and im from sweden. so is my dealer lol. anyone having the same troubles?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
1smooth6
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i w/ZSP,ZPP,Xenon

Just happened today...

The wipers stop moving while in use. After shutting down and restarting the car they work for a little while and then stop again.

Has this happened to anybody else? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. My car has about 37,000 mi on it and has been relatively trouble free.

I have a service appointment for Monday.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggelin View Post
so i got this strange thing with my wipers, i will upload a video if people seems to be interested of finding the problem. my dealer couldnt even give me a exact problem, after doing "diagnostics".

the rainsensor wont work at all, it will start when i push the button, but thats it, it will go once and instead of going back and stopping, it will go a little step and stopping a little bit up. hard to describe but, i can compare to when u have the wipers on and pull out the key and the wipers stop. that seem to happen soon as i try to use the wipers, or turn the sensor on.

and as i wrote before, the sensor will start but not work.

it could be a relay, they say. but nobody is sure, i didnt get a final answer or a price for the work.

and btw, its a european bmw, and im from sweden. so is my dealer lol. anyone having the same troubles?
Is it snowing where you live? Did you recently turn your wipers on with snow on the windshield?
Appreciate 0