E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I got banned from BMW Authohaus Thornhill for trying to book an appointment.

06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #89
AmericanInToronto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
Here is my story:

In my sig you see a 07 black 335 coupe. For the ones that know me I have an 08 335 convertible. I will tell you why:

Back in early 2007, I purchased a cpo 07 black 335 with just 2000 Kim's on it. I put in an intake and a blow off valve to start and some better tires. FYI this was 5 yrs ago and I was about 22, lesson learnt I guess. Anyways, about 6 months into my ownership of this car, my vehicle would throw limp mode constantly and would shut down from time to time. It started after racing some guy on the highway. My knowledge at that time was limited with turbo engines. I took it to autohaus, and one of the SA saw my car, made eye contact with me and signaled me to follow him. We then had a "secret" discussion that he can help me get my car fixed, so I went along with it. I left him my car, and no paper work done btw. So no paper trail.

2 months passed by, I called a few times and he gave me no updates and at times wouldn't call me back. But I thought he was doing me a favor. Anyways, he sat me down and told me that there was something very wrong with my car. He said they took out the turbos and the inside was blue. I didn't know what to believe, cause I knew there is no reason why turbos would turn blue. He said my car is not under warranty cause I chipped it. But I did not chip the car at this time and he said the rep from BMW inspected it and said it has been chipped before. There was argument for a couple of weeks and I decided to give in. So I asked him, how much to fix it. He writes a number on a piece of paper and it read "12,750".

At this point he said I already worked out a really good deal for you with our used car dept. there is a 2008 335 convertible downstairs. It wasnt a deal cause I was desperate for a car. Basically I took a hit of 12750 on my 07 and plus depreciation. And bought the white one at non discounted price.

I was an idiot I know. You are thinking, what a moron i was. I was just a young kid that was taken by experienced sharks. But a lesson learned nonetheless.

So after I purchased the car, I said I needed to get some stuff from my old car. They let me go see it and I realized that it was outside and hasn't been touched, cause there is a massive layer of snow on it, and i know that the last time it snowed, it was 2 to 3 weeks ago so this car didnt go in the shop for diagnosis. Also realized that this car was chipped from the previous owner, and i think the previous owner was probably one of the guys working at autohaus. So at this point it's when I got suspicious, but its too late.

So a couple of years later, my 08 convertible had the exact same symptoms. I took it to BMW toronto and they just said, your inter cooler piping just came off so we tightened it. Wow, that's all that it was. Inter cooler piping.

That's my story. I lost 25k on that transaction. I was only 22. I was making really good money for a kid out of school. I have another story about my 08 335 where BMW Toronto has given me a new engine under warranty as well as new turbos, hpfp, new tranny, injectors, etc., they were wonderful to deal with, even that I bought the car fom autohaus. Yes autohaus sold me a lemon. But with the new engine and tranny, the car has driven 40k without a single problem. But the first 80k i was constantly visiting BMW Toronto.

There are other events that mhas happened but this is the jist of it.
That's fucking illegal.

And you have 10 days to cancel out on any contract btw. If i understand your story right, after you saw your snowed out car, you still could squash that new purchase.

But wow....what lowlife wankers!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #90
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

It was five years ago. It has been the worst buying experience of my life. But when I tell you it was lesson learnt, I mean it to the nth degree.

I am looking to buy the new coming m3. And when it does I can't wait to buy it from BMW Toronto. They have literally taken care of me since day one and my car was not even purchased from there.
      06-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #91
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Autohaus is a special place.

When I was looking for my car, I had a list of specs I wanted, and it wasn't available anywhere. Nowhere. Except Autohaus. Except I'm not from the GTA... so I had my dealer call them to arrange a transfer. No go - Autohaus said the vehicle was "sold". We kept looking, but found nothing else. I didn't want to custom-build because I wanted one NOW. I called Autohaus.... and hey! It was available! So I went to my dealer again, thinking the sale fell through or something. Dealer called, nope, still sold. I called Autohaus again.... nope, available! So I called Waterloo and spoke with their manager - a lady who seemed very highly placed. Told her the story. She told me it's not quite illegal, but certainly against better practices. I called Autohaus again and called them out on it. They said sure, it's available if *I* come buy it, but not to a dealer, because they won't sell at cost - they know it's sellable, and they won't forgo the margin on it.

I was pretty surprised. In the end, I ended up going there to buy it (nice little drive back, heh). I got a very good deal on it plus all the incentives in place at the time, so I really had nothing to complain about, but I was really not impressed.
      06-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #92
Devas
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4

I want to make a formal compliant to BMW Canada, and BMW AG in Munich, if I create a thread/website, and get people VIN numbers and the bad experience we've gotten from there would you guys be interested? I either want to see the place closed down, or complete change of management.
      06-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #93
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
I would copy the e-mail to the media to be honest. In business, the last thing you want is bad publicity. You'll be doing all of us a favor actually...
Even FB this I'm sure it will get a lot of attention ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #94
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Autohaus 2012. Start the movement. I live in Vancouver but I want to fly out to the store and visit, get treated like sewage and fight back just so I can say I made a change.

It's time we put this monster to an end.

All seriousness, I think FB, petition and some letters would surely get the ball rolling. Start with the FB page, build up the reviews/petition and then send letters to BMW. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #95
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devas View Post
I want to make a formal compliant to BMW Canada, and BMW AG in Munich, if I create a thread/website, and get people VIN numbers and the bad experience we've gotten from there would you guys be interested? I either want to see the place closed down, or complete change of management.
Shit, I'm in and my experience wasn't even as bad as some of the ones listed here.
      06-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #96
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devas View Post
Good luck with that. Just go somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #97
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Update to my shopping status for a new bimmer ...

For those who have followed my postings in this particular thread, I am happy to say I have struck a deal with Town & Country BMW today. The entire process took about 1/2 hour as I submit my asking discount off and the sales manager came back with another number and I proposed the difference be split 50/50. Just like that and I am taking delivery in mid to late September.

I plan to drive over to Autohaus in the Fall and showed Alex S. that his so-called tactics of telling other dealerships never deal with me did not work, it was actually laughed/amused by other dealers, for one, TC sales advisor chatted with me about the Autohaus incident and he said he has never seen this kind of behaviour anywhere before.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #98
summall
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

For those who have followed my postings in this particular thread, I am happy to say I have struck a deal with Town & Country BMW today. The entire process took about 1/2 hour as I submit my asking discount off and the sales manager came back with another number and I proposed the difference be split 50/50. Just like that and I am taking delivery in mid to late September.

I plan to drive over to Autohaus in the Fall and showed Alex S. that his so-called tactics of telling other dealerships never deal with me did not work, it was actually laughed/amused by other dealers, for one, TC sales advisor chatted with me about the Autohaus incident and he said he has never seen this kind of behaviour anywhere before.
Congra! Pls take some photo at Autohaus for us.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #99
gosu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:

congrats!

what did you end up getting?
      06-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #100
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Does the sales manager at autohaus think that he is running a local bmw cartel? Tell him it's not opec. His tactics make zero economic sense for anyone. He takes the "sales" out of "sales manager".
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #101
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosu View Post
congrats!

what did you end up getting?
Moving to a M5. Got 3.25% discount off. However, BMW Toronto willing to do 4% (dealt with Angelo Montoni, Sr. sales mgr) but I need to turn the car in almost right away, thus leaving me with no car for almost 2+ months. After factoring in the two proposals, the TC makes better choice for me.

Overall, it was about 2 months process (on/off) from start to finish. I have shopped like this for my past few cars and will continue to shop this way for my future cars as well. Some may say it's time consuming and lots of wasted effort, but in the end, I feel I have received the best possible deal out there. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-29-2012 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #102
gosu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Moving to a M5. Got 3.25% discount off. However, BMW Toronto willing to do 4% (dealt with Angelo Montoni, Sr. sales mgr) but I need to turn the car in almost right away, thus leaving me with no car for almost 2+ months. After factoring in the two proposals, the TC makes better choice for me.

Overall, it was about 2 months process (on/off) from start to finish. I have shopped like this for my past few cars and will continue to shop this way for my future cars as well. Some may say it's time consuming and lots of wasted effort, but in the end, I feel I have received the best possible deal out there. Just my 2 cents.

i would do the same .. for the time and money we spend our on cars i think it's best to do the research and be completely satisfied with the buying experience

congrats again!
      07-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #103
rotmanpr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Serpa BMW Opinions

The opinions of individuals on this forum are their own and are not authorized to represent Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad at any time. Only Serpa BMW itself may express its official positions on any subject. It is the express policy of the Serpa Automotive Group to support fellow dealers, as we would expect them to support us. We regret that a certain individual may have wished to represent us although not authorized to do so. This person is no longer an employee of Serpa BMW. Richard R., PR and Social Media Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #104
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotmanpr View Post
The opinions of individuals on this forum are their own and are not authorized to represent Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad at any time. Only Serpa BMW itself may express its official positions on any subject. It is the express policy of the Serpa Automotive Group to support fellow dealers, as we would expect them to support us. We regret that a certain individual may have wished to represent us although not authorized to do so. This person is no longer an employee of Serpa BMW. Richard R., PR and Social Media Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad.
Who is Serpa BMW? Is that the official name of Autohaus?
      07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #105
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
I figured that ill advised post by the former serpa sales rep. was going to come back to bite him in the arse...
      07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #106
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Is that the one where he said "I'm available if you're not too far, come by?"

Or was the post deleted?
      07-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #107
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

formerly Open Road BMW @ Newmarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Who is Serpa BMW? Is that the official name of Autohaus?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #108
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
formerly Open Road BMW @ Newmarket.
Oh. I'm confused as to the post above, then. Did their rep post something he wasn't supposed to? I feel like I saw nothing in the thread..... kind of out of the blue.
      07-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #109
absolutX
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Wow, honestly I've been reading the thread Autohaus has some legitimate complaints, but Serpa stepping in and firing an employee is . I won't be shopping or using service at Serpa ever. I was considering it previously based on other posts but after that kind of move no thanks. If you can write off employees so easily then customers are just as easily written off.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #110
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Oh. I'm confused as to the post above, then. Did their rep post something he wasn't supposed to? I feel like I saw nothing in the thread..... kind of out of the blue.
He was the guy bad mouthing other dealers. I told him that people don't like that coming from a dealership. Poor guy got the message....from his boss. Ouch.
Appreciate 0