E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Dinan Suspension?

04-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
matts335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335ixdrive

Dinan Suspension?

I was just wondering if any xi owners out there have gone with the Dinan supsension upgrade (doesn't matter which stage), and if so, what are their thoughts? I've only seen one member so far who actually had this done to his car.
And yes, I know it's overpriced, and I know their are other options. It seems every other suspension mod is discussed ad naseum on this forum, but there is very little chatter about the Dinan mod. It is really that much of a waste of time?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 3 series

I believe they only change the springs on the front end and use the stock struts. For the rear they change the springs and struts. I have heard they are using Eibach springs but don't quote me on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Matt
You really shouldn't post multiple threads on the same topics.

Again... Allow me to quote myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW
The Dinan Stage 2 comes with Koni sports, so you can adjust the stiffness (dampening), but I don't understand why anyone would get the DINAN suspension..

They ask $1357 for:
-Upgraded springs (probably made by H&R): $209.99 online
-Koni Sports (Though FSD might be an even better option, though not manually adjustable): $669.60
-Rear sway (Theirs is only 15.8, H&R is 20mm): $209

That's $1088 for the same or better.
Or you can pay DINAN $1357 plus what, $130/hour labor? For the same (or inferior) products?

Heck, you can get an Eibach + Koni FSD combo for $817 and just add the rear sway. Put the money you save into a front sway, too.

Or, you can get KW V2's for around $1350 and forget the rear sways.

So there are some options. You don't have to shop with us, but honestly, DINAN charges a premium for parts that really aren't the best on the market. $17,000 for a supercharger when VF's $10,000 kit is the same if not better? Come on.

Hope this helps
JL
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast! View Post
Not to mention the Dinan kit doesn't even include front struts. This points to at least 350 more reasons why it's overpriced.

I do like that Dinan keeps the warranty intact, but I don't really think suspension components are a source of major concern with these cars in the first place. In this case I think the warranty hype is entirely unjustified. A chip is another story, though...
And to top it off, Dinan doesn't keep your BMW warranty intact. It actually voids your suspension warranty and anything that could fail as a part of that component - rattles, steering, sway bars/links and just about any joint on the car that eventually connects to the new Dinan suspension components.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
335xidave
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Dinan3/335xi

You guys should get on the Dinan website. Dinan suspension add on does not void the warranty. They have it posted on their web-site, and the dealership confirmed it. It's the only after market stuff that won't void the warranty. The Dinan warranty is on top of the BMW warranty. I got the Stage 2 Dinan suspension, and I LOVE IT! It lowered the car 1/2 inch, and it handles like a champ! I also put the Stage 2 ECU, Flow free exhaust, and Foot pedals. Raced an older M3, NO PROBLEM! Say what you want about Dinan, it's expensive, but it will still be under warranty if something goes wrong, how much is that worth?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #6
TunasBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: e92xi

i've seen dinan in person after an install. not much diff compared to stock...maybe 1/2 in the front at the most but still look jacked up. could work for people who want minimal drop in the front but the front still looks higher than back after this install.
Appreciate 0