E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fuel pump replaecd now this!

11-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
ak335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Fuel pump replaecd now this!

So i go to pick up my car yesterday and when i went to turn it on the engine was still vibrating bad, lol so i had to leave the car there, they call me today saying that 4 cylinders are misfiring and they cant find out why? so what do you guys think it can be? the fuel pump was replaced by recall??
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 Legacy GT

Bad injectors or spark plugs???
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
KT9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak335 View Post
So i go to pick up my car yesterday and when i went to turn it on the engine was still vibrating bad, lol so i had to leave the car there, they call me today saying that 4 cylinders are misfiring and they cant find out why? so what do you guys think it can be? the fuel pump was replaced by recall??
I'm having this same problem too. My fuel pump was replaced under recall. It ran fine before the fuel pump was replaced. After they replaced it, I noticed the engine ran rough and noisy. There are no codes though. I'm scheduling an appointment to have the dealer look at it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #4
NumbaOne335
Banned
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i AT

Guys exact same situation with I went in and they checked the fuel pump and said it was fine. Then they checked the injectors and one of them needed to be replaced after that everything has been good so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
BavarianBullet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOne335 View Post
Guys exact same situation with I went in and they checked the fuel pump and said it was fine. Then they checked the injectors and one of them needed to be replaced after that everything has been good so far.
sounds reasonable.

From past experience: any time you mess around with fuel or oil systems there's a small risk of introducing foreign debris and clogging something. Usually there are screens on (port) fuel injectors and pumps to prevent this so it's rare. I dunno re DI fuel injectors.

Maybe the DI are more susceptible but if the engine is shaking noticably after warming up, it is surprising if the ECU wouldn't throw a code for that.
Appreciate 0