E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Winter protection

10-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

Winter protection

This is the first winter I will go through with my 335 in black. I live in Ohio so its guaranteed we will have salt on the roads for 3-4 months. What is the best way to protect my black finish?

I was thinking of going with Klasse AIO and sealant glaze. This seems like the best sealant option I have read about so far, but the posts were older so I dont know if something new has come out recently. I was also reading about Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 being a great 6 month option.

Is one better than another for black to keep the white gunk and spotts off (a year round option would be nice too... not just winter).
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

If you look up chemical guys on youtube and goto their channel, search winter prep. They have about a 6-8 video series on this. Basically what you want to do is wash, clay, glaze if you want, then seal the paint, windows, and headlights with 2 coats of sealant.
      10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

You listed a good combination that will help repel the elements. The Klasse is very durable combo that looks amazing.

The only thing more durable is some of the new semi-permanent coatings that have become popular. The 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating is a great choice for extraordinary protection and a deep gloss!

Don't forget to protect your wheels, coated trim, etc with the sealant as well and definitely use something like the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on your carpets. Good luck!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0