E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Cop called my friend today...

10-31-2007, 10:28 PM   #23
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine is at a party and throws a fur coat out of a window thinking it's her boyfriend's. It turns out that it belonged to the guy who was hosting the party. Because she was responsible for looking after the coats, he expects her to pay for it. I was geeky enough to track down the dialogue from a Seinfeld website:

Elaine: So now Joe Mayo wants me to buy him a new coat.

Jerry: Because you threw it out.

Elaine: No, because I was in charge of the coats. It's... insane.

Jerry: But you did actually throw his coat out the window.

Elaine: But he doesn't know that. As far as he knows, somebody stole it, and that's the person who should be responsible.

Jerry: But that's you.

I know, I've got too much time on my hands today.

sorry, i don't follow you
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #24
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
My .02 (since I've pissed off a few people before in my life) if someone follows you, or rolls down their window and says you did this, or you didn't do that....whatever they say, all you have to do is say "sorry, my fault". Even if it wasn't your fault, it gives the other person some sort of satisfaction. After that, they still might call the cops, but there's a much better chance that they'll be done with the whole thing.

it was too sudden, we don't even know who she was...when she told us what happened, we don't even know we did it....because we don't even notice we did such a thing...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:34 PM   #25
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

The OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) have a wreckles driving hot-line for this very thing. So I wouldn't doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
sorry, i don't follow you
It's really not very complicated: you were complaining about being accused of something you admitted you were doing.
      10-31-2007, 10:49 PM   #27
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
it was too sudden, we don't even know who she was...when she told us what happened, we don't even know we did it....because we don't even notice we did such a thing...
Which totally contradicts what you said in the original post -- i.e. that you cut her off and she called you on it but you ignored her. If you'd simply had the decency to say sorry (seriously, how hard would it have been to swallow it and apologize?) everything would probably have been fine.
      11-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #28
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
Which totally contradicts what you said in the original post -- i.e. that you cut her off and she called you on it but you ignored her. If you'd simply had the decency to say sorry (seriously, how hard would it have been to swallow it and apologize?) everything would probably have been fine.
well, the main point i'm trying to argue was how the officer can take her word as the truth...

and yes, i admit my friend cut her off, but i wouldn't consider it as a dangerous act. She just THINKS it was a close call from hitting her or some sort, but maybe i'm more familiar with the driving behaviors in the eastern part of the world, where swerving in and out in traffic is more common.

But i still don't see my friend as driving dangerously....so we just couldn't apologize to her...

to me, apologizing means we did something wrong...which we still beleive we didn't...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 02:34 AM   #29
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
well, the main point i'm trying to argue was how the officer can take her word as the truth...

and yes, i admit my friend cut her off, but i wouldn't consider it as a dangerous act. She just THINKS it was a close call from hitting her or some sort, but maybe i'm more familiar with the driving behaviors in the eastern part of the world, where swerving in and out in traffic is more common.

But i still don't see my friend as driving dangerously....so we just couldn't apologize to her...

to me, apologizing means we did something wrong...which we still beleive we didn't...
Some people think going into the lane with less than 30cm of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'
Some people think going into the lane with less than 1ft of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'
Some people think going into the lane with less than 1m of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'

Some people suck it up when pissed off
Some people rant to their family or friends when pissed off
Some people call the police when pissed off

Some authorities gets into trouble if they don't think before they talk
Some authorities, out of self-perceived responsibility think before they make a decision
Some authorities think they are the authority so you should suck it up and they will go and have donuts

Variety is the spice of life~ Whatever happened, happened. Hopefully something is learned from it and hope your friend, you and also everybody on this forum will have better lucky from now on. Peace out~
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #30
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato View Post
Some people think going into the lane with less than 30cm of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'
Some people think going into the lane with less than 1ft of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'
Some people think going into the lane with less than 1m of space in front of his/her bumper is 'cutting off'

Some people suck it up when pissed off
Some people rant to their family or friends when pissed off
Some people call the police when pissed off

Some authorities gets into trouble if they don't think before they talk
Some authorities, out of self-perceived responsibility think before they make a decision
Some authorities think they are the authority so you should suck it up and they will go and have donuts

Variety is the spice of life~ Whatever happened, happened. Hopefully something is learned from it and hope your friend, you and also everybody on this forum will have better lucky from now on. Peace out~
nice post to end this thread
Appreciate 0