E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > On their way to the Premiership?

05-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #23
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Well done Hull. We were disappointed Bristol City lost but proud of their achievement this season. It was a good game and Hull scored a great goal. Good luck in the Premiership Hull. We will try again next year!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #24
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Yeah DervFan, were you at Uni in Hull then? Won't just be Cott Road - will be City Centre, Old Town, the Marina area, Princes Ave & Beverley Road. Extra bouncers have already been deployed around the pubs & clubs in Hull for tonight - can't imagine the Hull lot being aggressive for one minute .

'C'mon ye 'ull'!! Can't believe it - well chuffed for Dean Windass and Nick Barmby the local lads. Managed to watch the match near Halifax way on, 6 of us including an avid Arsenal supporter are SO pleased. It means alot to the City in many ways. Good game and Bristol played well overall with alot of possession and goal attempts but Hull's defending was excellent. Looks like Hull now has a trio of good teams, 2 rugby and now football.
I wasn't at Uni in 'ull..... My wife comes from Cottingham. Her parents, and her brother and sister live in Cottingham and around town. We visit quite regularly, so I know Cottingham, Beverley and 'ull reasonably well
      05-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #25
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
Well done Hull. We were disappointed Bristol City lost but proud of their achievement this season. It was a good game and Hull scored a great goal. Good luck in the Premiership Hull. We will try again next year!
Never mind Paul, not everything you watch leaves you feeling 'flat' eh. Sure things will be on the up again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DervFan View Post
I wasn't at Uni in 'ull..... My wife comes from Cottingham. Her parents, and her brother and sister live in Cottingham and around town. We visit quite regularly, so I know Cottingham, Beverley and 'ull reasonably well
Just up the road from me then. Your wife is a rarity Simon in as far as leaving the area (she'll know what I mean). Not that we revel in living in splendid isolation. At least you visit the nice areas!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Just up the road from me then. Your wife is a rarity Simon in as far as leaving the area (she'll know what I mean). Not that we revel in living in splendid isolation. At least you visit the nice areas!
My wife's lived away (from home) for about 20 years now. Funny, even though I'm a southern (soft ) lad, it always feels like home to me when we visit, more so than the misswah

I'm also very lucky that my parents-in-laws are good folk and I get on really well with both brother-in-laws and their families.