E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Should I get a E90 or a E92

06-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #67
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
that is real fitment... does his car not do all the same functions as a stock car??? And here's your "real fitment" 285/30/20
And back to the original point, it wasn't about whether the tire is stretched or not your point was that e90s have a better wheel and tire selection. And as shown in the recent posts is that anything an e90 can fit an e92 can as well making your statement invalid
Its crap fitment. And when I say 285 I am talking 285s with an actual side wall on em. (They have done 315 with enough fender work and low enough profile, even in the coupe. With enough work you can get anything to fit within reason) Lol, I don't even know why I am arguing with you when you are contradicting yourself.. You would be saying your own statement is invalid, not mine.. Again YOU are the one who also stated that the E90 has a larger wheel well.

So I ask again, how is it physically possible that the E92 can fit the same size wheels under such circumstances? Inserting something that exceeds ones stated area, in this case a wheel well is physically and mechanically impossible. I don't see how that concept escapes you when you're the one who said it.

There is no way you can roll with this... As an engineer maybe I am stumped to how you are even attempting to formulate an argument against facts you yourself stated, but it might just prove to be entertaining in the end...

What does it matter that I said that e90s have larger wheel wells than e92s. It's a fact whether I say it you say or your mom says it, but my initial problem with your statement was that one is limited to tire and wheel selection due to body style. Once again please please show me an example of a wheel setup that fits and e90 but not e92. And to my knowledge 12.5 is the largest rim width to this day to be put on the back of a e90 or e92 without a wide body, and say what you want about the look, but it still fits and functions like any other wheel. How are you about to say that 30 isn't a real sidewall? No doubt the most common tire size for anything greater than 18in rim in the rear is 265/30/xx so basically your saying anyone with a 19in rim or larger doesn't have a "real side wall" if you put this argument in the wheel and tire section you would just get laughed at. I've given you multiple examples of other members running the same or larger size tires and rim widths as e90s on their e92s, yet you can't give me one example of a wheel setup that an e90 can run but not an e92
      06-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #68
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
Its crap fitment. And when I say 285 I am talking 285s with an actual side wall on em.
An actual Sidewall???? Any BMW on this forum running 19's will have a 30 sidewall in the rear if you want it to look right no matter if it's a coupe are sedan... What point are you trying to make? Hawaiianeze is right, the sedan has the same wheel selection as the coupe just some with more aggressive offsets. Which is possible to run on both vehicles.

So if you can run more aggressive offsets, then the wheel selection is different.

If you can run more sidewall for the track which was my argument to begin with then the tire selection is different.

It is beyond common knowledge if you start hacking away at the fender well and pull fenders out can just about "fit: anything you want. What he posted were overly stretched jelly beans with an inch of lip pulled back from the tire and poking out like mexi-flush with too much camber.

If that is your thing, then so be it. But when I talk about fitment I am talking about the wheel and tires actually fitting. With the pre LCI E90s especially being larger from the get go, once you pull both to the same degree you can still go bigger on the E90.

At the end of the day, its a horrifically stupid argument considering some people have different views of fitment. Some have different views of looks. That's fine. So lets throw all the opinions out the door and just go with the facts of what I stated that overall make the sedan a "better" vehicle. Until someone can post facts they have found from experience of both as I have had is all I was implying and something no one has been able to do.

If you don't need the addition features of the Sedan and prefer the Coupe then buy it. It doesn't however change the pros and cons of each regardless of if they apply to you or not.

We all own the same damn cars, some of us do or have owned both. Arguing about nonsense wont change none of anyone's onions so why bother wasting the time.

Last edited by C9A1L1L; 06-21-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #69
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
What does it matter that I said that e90s have larger wheel wells than e92s. It's a fact whether I say it you say or your mom says it, but my initial problem with your statement was that one is limited to tire and wheel selection due to body style. Once again please please show me an example of a wheel setup that fits and e90 but not e92. And to my knowledge 12.5 is the largest rim width to this day to be put on the back of a e90 or e92 without a wide body, and say what you want about the look, but it still fits and functions like any other wheel. How are you about to say that 30 isn't a real sidewall? No doubt the most common tire size for anything greater than 18in rim in the rear is 265/30/xx so basically your saying anyone with a 19in rim or larger doesn't have a "real side wall" if you put this argument in the wheel and tire section you would just get laughed at. I've given you multiple examples of other members running the same or larger size tires and rim widths as e90s on their e92s, yet you can't give me one example of a wheel setup that an e90 can run but not an e92

The most common size is going to be a 35 NOT a 30, where are you pulling that bs out of your ass from? Regardless like I said, you apparently have a different opinion on what "fitting" is... Its like if some dude came out the house with his pants half way down his ass and can barely walk in those skinny jeans, to you it still fits. I get it.

I understand the concept of being able to make anything "fit" but I can easily show an example of wheel setups that actually fit as in the wheels don't pock half way out of the wheel well with an inch of rim and a super stretch with ridiculous camber and hinder performance capabilities.

At the end of the day 95% (Lets be honest, its more like 99.9%) of BMW owners wont go that route nor like it let alone attempt the work to even do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #70
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Every vendor on here can tell you that the most popular size for a 19x9.5 rim (largest appropriate fitting rim) is 265/30/19. On 19s or 20s the most popular front size (assuming you have 19x8.5) would be 235/35/19. How am I BSing you
      06-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #71
levifig
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1997 Honda Accord

I might be biased (ordering a E92 335ix this week) but I think the coupe is 10000x nicer looking than the E90… :X
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #72
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
ROFL!

So let me get this right, I interpret what you say according to the most known definition of a particular word but then I am wrong and must have googled it. - What a joke.

Then you go back to the same BS that I must be comprehending things wrong and I am picking a fight.
Well, what is one to think when you say you don't understand what I wrote, feign pedantry as you fail to consider what a word means and then say things that clearly, by your own admission, aren't what you mean to say? (See below for yet another example of this.)

Quote:

Bottom line, my "EVERYONE" comment was relating to the 4-5 of us in this thread who have posted and all preferred the sedan.
So if you meant "most people," why didn't you just say so?

Quote:
The rest of the crap you said is more dribble

Drivel is the word I'm fairly sure you meant.

Quote:
Now stop bothering me unless you have some factual information to utilize.
Your own postings provide more than ample facts to support my assertions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #73
Pittsburger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi, 2006 330xi, 2011x3

I have had both e90 and e92.
What I like about the E92 is the seats come down in the back.
This has saved me many times.

And golf clubs will fit fine with seats down when putting in the trunk.
I prefer the e92 but the doors do swing wide. Yeah so I always avoid parking next to another coupe.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #74
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

[quote=Pittsburger;14209686...
I prefer the e92 but the doors do swing wide. Yeah so I always avoid parking next to another coupe.[/quote]

It may not be something you can do always, but if I find myself having to park next to a another two-door car (...seeing as BMW, MD and Audi happen to think four door cars are also coupes...LOL...) I back into the spot at a bit of an angle so I'm not parallel to adjacent cars. This ends up providing more space for me and for the other driver. This doesn't eliminate the potential risk, but then neither does having a sedan. Door dings will happen sooner or later.

I don't do this at shopping malls on nights and weekends when the chances are much higher that there will be passengers getting out of the front and rear doors of adjacent sedans for this approach cramps the folks getting into/out of the rear of sedans. Under such circumstances, I just park in a distant, empty section of the lot or, if it's Holiday Season, I use valet parking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #75
JET335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Gotta love the sexy ass of an E90
      06-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #76
335obsession
Rep
Drives: I will be owning a BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE
Gotta love the sexy ass of an E90
One of the many reasons I will be buying a E92 lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #77
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
I went from a two door accord coupe to an E90. Granted accord coupe does not equal E92, but I can tell you that the longer doors were sometimes a pain to open without hitting other cars in a parking lot or my wife's car in the garage. I would hesitate to buy another 2 door car without testing how easy it is to get in and out of in a tight spot.

From what I recall, E92 does come with some attractive standard equipment - sport suspension (?) and fold-down rear seats. These were optional when I bought my E90.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #78
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Im partial to the e92/e93. E90 is a beautiful car, but if I was going for a sedan i'd just get a 5 series. I had an E90 and it was cramped in the back, so if im having cramped rear seats no matter what i'll take the car I think looks better.
      06-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #79
vanondemand
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M/T

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I bought an E90 originally and then eventually purchased an e92 I love the e92 more of a sporty feeling compared to a sedan
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #80
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanondemand View Post
I bought an E90 originally and then eventually purchased an e92 I love the e92 more of a sporty feeling compared to a sedan
I know what you mean, I love my e90 with its nice wide looking body (compared to e92) but there's no comparison between my Pre LCI e90 and somewhat soon to be LCI e92. Can't beat the front end of a LCI e92 with mtech
      07-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #81
xxwarderxx
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMEninety335 View Post
I have an e90 and I love it. I had the choice of an e92 and e90 and went with e90 because of the practicality, taking vendors or coworkers out (as someone mentioned earlier), and (personally of course) I like the e90 look better as I think it is more aggressive. I like having a fast sedan. It feels different to me. Almost like a sleeper. A lot of people definitely don't know what a 335 is or what it can do and are surprised with a sedan being fast.
Pretty much sums up exactly what I would say...

Looks are completely subjective, but to me, this car was meant to be a 4 door. The 4 door looks good from every angle to me, whereas the 2 door has a few angles that don't look quite as beautiful.

If I were to get a 2 door, it would be to get an E93, which I passed on due to the weight penalty and affect on performance.

Appreciate 0