E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > FML. Need a trustworthy Mechanic in San Antonio.

07-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Angry FML. Need a trustworthy Mechanic in San Antonio.

So driving home from work today an 18 wheeler in front of my was driving like a mad man and was dropping big rocks on the road, I swerved to miss one and ran over another now my alignment is jacked up and my engine is leaking oil, this all happened in my 2006 525i 6MT. If anyone knows a good mechanic here in town i would appreciate it, I really don't want to take my car to the stealership for this.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep

So I had a friend from BMW of San Antonio check out the damage on my car. Damage report not good, cost of damage is going to be $2000+. Engine, underbody, and suspension are damaged. Went ahead and filed and insurance claim today and everything is getting taken care of at BMW of San Antonio.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Ovalcram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhuich View Post
So I had a friend from BMW of San Antonio check out the damage on my car. Damage report not good, cost of damage is going to be $2000+. Engine, underbody, and suspension are damaged. Went ahead and filed and insurance claim today and everything is getting taken care of at BMW of San Antonio.
Damn, did you get the truck's license plate? I'm sure the "law" can get involved.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalcram View Post
Damn, did you get the truck's license plate? I'm sure the "law" can get involved.
Nope, by the time i stopped, the truck was gone.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep

Just got off the phone with my mechanic at BMW SA. 6,500+ in damages. Broken oil pan, front crossmember, ring & pinion steering, rear subframe, front struts and driver side lower control arm. Exhaust is also banged up pretty bad. He said once the oil pan is fixed he's going run the engine and look for any problems. The insurance adjuster and I are meeting at the dealership to inspect the damages. This weekend just keeps getting better and better.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep

My friend at the dealership just called and said engine is damaged. In other words i'm fucked!!!! On a good note, there is a possibility of a 335i added to my garage!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
Tradin1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m5

this is your chance to slap dry sump in, sways, and coilovers!!!
      08-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
Huicho
Designer/Contractor
United_States
Rep

It's been about 35 days since the accident, let's just say it hasn't been easy. Numerous phone calls with my insurance agent and dealership later the final tally comes to about $20,000 in damages. Good thing was that there is no frame damage whatsoever. I get my car back on Wednesday, Tuesday if I'm lucky. My buddy that is working on my car at the dealership said the car runs like new and doesn't see anything going wrong in the future. Excited to get my baby back next week.
Appreciate 0