E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > The IOWA thread

07-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #1717
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Hey all. I finally came across this post! Im in WDM. 2012 e93 msport. Anybody around here have an n55 with jb4 installed? Im going to get one and wanted to see if you could race/show yours.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #1718
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

KC & all:

Do you know anyone who can install a clear bra on my front bumper? I'm driving back to Chicago next weekend and I totally forgot about highway bugs!!

LOL maybe I should tape it up?
      07-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1719
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

You just made KC's day with that tape comment. He's done just that very thing multiple times
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #1720
roybfr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Sedan BSR approved

Suicide doors maybe....

BTW has anyone here ever done anything with Plasti Dip?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #1721
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roybfr View Post
Suicide doors maybe....

BTW has anyone here ever done anything with Plasti Dip?
Wow, funny you mention that. I just picked up a few cans and am going to dip my chrome trim and possibly grille as well this week. I'll take pictures and let you know how it goes!

Good thing is if I don't like it, I can just peel it off!
      07-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #1722
roybfr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmusignac View Post
Hey all. I finally came across this post! Im in WDM. 2012 e93 msport. Anybody around here have an n55 with jb4 installed? Im going to get one and wanted to see if you could race/show yours.
Not that I know of, I have been considering one myself (N54 though). There is a guy with a Black 335i that has a Dinan setup but other then that I don't know of anyone local with and EM solution on the E9x, sure there are some out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #1723
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

I just ordered the JB4 and BMS Intake for N55!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #1724
blacksheep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
You just made KC's day with that tape comment. He's done just that very thing multiple times
yeah, I have blue-taped several cars when driving them back from purchase out of state. Saves rock chips and shizzle. I know Prez has some pics somewhere of these. He probably deleted them tho...

No clear bra installers locally that I can speak about. I think the dealer may know somebody if you ask them. I keep telling Shannon to get on this stuff, but he won't listen. I wish I had clearbra install skills.

Forget plasti-dip - 3M NIOC CF wrap is where its at. I have a 12 ft by 12 ft roll you could do your whole roof or trunk in. Want to buy it?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #1725
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANJHA
Lol are there any enthusiasts in WDM? Seems like a ghost town here for the car community...
Im in WDM. Lets get some enthusiasts together! Before I have babies like the rest of the people here!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #1726
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep
I will say the itch to graduate to BMW's now has been greater than ever for me, personally.

I love my s2000, but I would like a vert that can accommodate a baby seat and somewhat fun. I am getting to the point where I just want a car I can go out with the family for ice cream or on cruises. Maya loves having her window down, so she may like the vert after all. And I am pretty much set on a vert since I never go to the track ever.

So, given the criteria above - what recommendations would you fellas have for me? It would have to be used. I don't want to put 5000 bux and pay 450 a month on a lease, plus y'all know me - I will sell it in 2 months and cannot be stuck in a lease.

Anyone know much about the 135i vert? The 335i vert is a little too big for me. I would like something not as small as the s2000, but not a grand tourer vert.

Maybe this will spark some activity here.

Yeah, I know I could have put this all in 1 post, but don't fuggin care...Not like anyone is gonna complain!
Where you at? Have you driven a e93? I have one. I couldnt stand how small the 135's are. I had a 370z and wouldve rather kept that. I think u need 3 series if youre gonna have kids in the back.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #1727
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

As you can tell Im trying to get some activity in here. Lets figure out how many people we have around DM and meet up.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #1728
blacksheep
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Where you at? Have you driven a e93? I have one. I couldnt stand how small the 135's are. I had a 370z and wouldve rather kept that. I think u need 3 series if youre gonna have kids in the back.
I am in Urbandale. Out by the spaceship house - kinda!

So, you have a 2012 335i vert? I would like to check it out fashoz. I know I want a vert for sure as if I sell the s2000 and get something else, it would have to be a vert, but seat my wife and bebe...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #1729
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
I am in Urbandale. Out by the spaceship house - kinda!

So, you have a 2012 335i vert? I would like to check it out fashoz. I know I want a vert for sure as if I sell the s2000 and get something else, it would have to be a vert, but seat my wife and bebe...
Yeah I recommend you take a look. I live right by the JC mall. Let me know if you want to meet or something. I will be installing a JB4 and intake this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #1730
blacksheep
Lieutenant
Rep

What is a JB4? Sounds scary...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1731
conmanxtreme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Yeah I recommend you take a look. I live right by the JC mall. Let me know if you want to meet or something. I will be installing a JB4 and intake this weekend.
I want to get a JB4 Installed on my car too, along with other stuff, aFe Intake, LED Angel Eyes, Tint, Black Grilles, Black Rims, And maybe sound system upgrades, it should end up looking sweet!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1732
conmanxtreme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
What is a JB4? Sounds scary...
Oh and this is what the JB4 is, heard nothing but good things about them!

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #1733
roybfr
Private First Class
Rep

KC it is for wheels so wrap is a no go. But may be a moot point as after dealing with EMC today I just want to stick the thing up someones rear end. While I could deal with another dealer the fact that BMW allows them to act like they are (Financial Services said there was nothing they could do about it) makes me want to own something else.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #1734
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmanxtreme
Quote:
I want to get a JB4 Installed on my car too, along with other stuff, aFe Intake, LED Angel Eyes, Tint, Black Grilles, Black Rims, And maybe sound system upgrades, it should end up looking sweet!
If you have a N54 then you should also consider the Cobb AccessPort for tune. Theres only one guy to take your car to get tinted and hes mentioned in this thread. Ive taken 4 cars and all my friends as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #1735
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

Troy have you ever considered they are offended by the make of your car. Particularly the model.......BSR

I do feel a meet coming on......Bravo get ready!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #1736
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep

Anybody with some experience want to help install test my new intake and JB4?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #1737
roybfr
Private First Class
Rep

Define experience. JB4 or just general car mod/repair. If you are ok with the latter I would not mind lending a hand to see what it will take, based on what I have read it should not be a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #1738
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah, I have blue-taped several cars when driving them back from purchase out of state. Saves rock chips and shizzle. I know Prez has some pics somewhere of these. He probably deleted them tho...

No clear bra installers locally that I can speak about. I think the dealer may know somebody if you ask them. I keep telling Shannon to get on this stuff, but he won't listen. I wish I had clearbra install skills.

Forget plasti-dip - 3M NIOC CF wrap is where its at. I have a 12 ft by 12 ft roll you could do your whole roof or trunk in. Want to buy it?
I picked up some blue tape from Target yesterday. Will tape it up tonight (I'm leaving tomorrow morning). Too bad they don't sell it in black lol

I was trying to convince Shannon as well but he says the profit margin isn't good for him / too much labor vs. reward - maybe you and I should open shop!

I haven't messed with the CF wrap at all. Did you wrap anything already that I could look at? A trunk wrap is tempting!

Quote:
Im in WDM. Lets get some enthusiasts together! Before I have babies like the rest of the people here!
I second this! I'm scared to have babies now!!

I'm in WDM just behind JC Mall as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmanxtreme View Post
I'm slowly working on mods myself. Just got my car like a month ago, so it's pretty boring right now but just tinted the windows 35% on sides and 20% rear. I plan to add LUX, black grilles, black trim, and CSL rims. I also want either splitters or a new M5-style bumper (I had this on my last E90 that got totaled - see picture below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
I do feel a meet coming on......Bravo get ready!
I can feel it too, it's giving me goosebumps! When I made my first post on this thread back in Chicago, it took about a month to get a response. We're on fire now!! :thump:

Quote:
Anybody with some experience want to help install test my new intake and JB4?
When are you planning on installing everything? I can't wait to see your mods when they're done! I'm not comfortable working on other people's cars, but hell I'll watch the install if you want

I'll be in Chicago this weekend but I'm down to get together anytime - just let me know whats up!

Last edited by RANJHA; 07-18-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0