E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Achu's E93 3DIRTY5 Build Thread [PIC HEAVY]

08-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #45
sives
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)

Yikes Not been on here for a while. Nice car mate. What a change you have done.

When i saw the csl style bootlid in the beginning i was, i wonder what is he gonna do.

Like the change of colour mate. Similar to redish/orange e92 of one of the Surrey Projects. It good to be different.

The look of the 1M bumper on the e9x , make it look more aggressive. Wished they did it for a e46 m3, which you can get here. When i get mine i am tempted to source one from the states.

Sadly i was not able to make the Gaydon event but will be going for the next one(Players one).

I think i have seen your old e46 about in Harrow ends. Used to be around that area seeing some of my cuzs and mates.

In terms of the alloys mate, I would wait and get some original 2 piece split alloys.

Thats what i have been doing recently, looking for the right one, so that when i get the new car i can just bolt them on for show season. Then use the current BBS RS-GT reps as a winter setup. Good luck with the find mate.

Also one mod which can make the car stand out more is changing the colour of the leather.

Done it on mine, Check out the Evotecknik forum or e46zone one. Got a thread about it. Pm if you have any question about it.

Looking forward to the rest of the mods. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #46
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Brave set of mods,especially the wrap, and the boot lid, but its so individual you've got to to the end result, with a different set of wheels that you are currently on the lookout for this will really pull the cars overall look off to the next level. But very commendable in my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #47
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
1M front bumper & Vorsteiner boot lid are too sexy!! Great work
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #48
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

Stunning car! love the colour

I see that you have front window tints as well....you haven't been pulled over yet? lol
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sives View Post
Yikes Not been on here for a while. Nice car mate. What a change you have done.

When i saw the csl style bootlid in the beginning i was, i wonder what is he gonna do.

Like the change of colour mate. Similar to redish/orange e92 of one of the Surrey Projects. It good to be different.

The look of the 1M bumper on the e9x , make it look more aggressive. Wished they did it for a e46 m3, which you can get here. When i get mine i am tempted to source one from the states.

Sadly i was not able to make the Gaydon event but will be going for the next one(Players one).

I think i have seen your old e46 about in Harrow ends. Used to be around that area seeing some of my cuzs and mates.

In terms of the alloys mate, I would wait and get some original 2 piece split alloys.

Thats what i have been doing recently, looking for the right one, so that when i get the new car i can just bolt them on for show season. Then use the current BBS RS-GT reps as a winter setup. Good luck with the find mate.

Also one mod which can make the car stand out more is changing the colour of the leather.

Done it on mine, Check out the Evotecknik forum or e46zone one. Got a thread about it. Pm if you have any question about it.

Looking forward to the rest of the mods. Good luck.
haha thanks man appreciate the feedback! yeah i think i'm gonna wait for some genuine split rim but probably get me some fake LMs for the winter, need me some new front tyres soon i think... and ha i was thinking about changing the leathers, but i got this whole black and blue theme going, might keep at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Brave set of mods,especially the wrap, and the boot lid, but its so individual you've got to to the end result, with a different set of wheels that you are currently on the lookout for this will really pull the cars overall look off to the next level. But very commendable in my eyes.
thanks man! people said everything i did was brave but i had a picture in my head and its turning out to look exactly like what i wanted but i appreciate your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
1M front bumper & Vorsteiner boot lid are too sexy!! Great work
haha indeed they are... not sure if its Vorsteiner or CSL but who cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz View Post
Stunning car! love the colour

I see that you have front window tints as well....you haven't been pulled over yet? lol
loool not yet! i had the same tints on my old e46, only got stopped by undercovers and they didn't even get outta the car, they just told me to peel it off but i sold the car before i had a chance to hopefully i don't get any issues because i really like the look of them!

guys, i have a couple of big updates i wanna post tomorrow just need to take some good quality pictures but be excited!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #50
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Spill da beans boi!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #51
Shere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i SE Auto (2007)

Tease
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #52
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Achu that is NOT allowed! Get the pics up naaooow!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #53
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Spill da beans boi!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere View Post
Tease
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Achu that is NOT allowed! Get the pics up naaooow!!!
ohh god, i think i've over hyped it lool... but here's a bad quality teaser

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #54
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Well seeing as I can't spot anything different (apologies If I've missed anything obvious), I think you've gone ahead and bought some wheels!!
      09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

updaaatteeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Well seeing as I can't spot anything different (apologies If I've missed anything obvious), I think you've gone ahead and bought some wheels!!
ahh you deep guy! after i spent so much money as well, you don't even notice lol joke, i sound like a woman... nah it's pretty hard to tell from that photo but i got me some lows (i wish i could get some new wheels, but ima save up til summer, then i can get some nice split rims )

this is before:

front:

i could literally stick my fist in there and everybody knows when you can stick a fist in something, it's usually not that great

and the rear:

not as bad as the front, but still bad...

and this is how she sits now:

(man that ass is just so sexy, if i say so myself lol)

this is the rear now:

and this is the front:

i am yet to get the wheels aligned and the stance perfected, i like how the back sits, but the front can go down another 2cm i think, that should give it the stance i want can anyone recommend me a place to do this, i've heard feltham tyres is good?

anyways, this is the brand i went with:

not gonna lie, the ride has just gone out the window... it's very jiggly and hard on bumps, i've suddenly noticed a lot more potholes lol... but i guess some of the ride is due to having RFTs... ima try find some fake BBS LMs for the time being so the ride gets better... but the handling is immense! i can push in corners like a crazy person and it just keeps gripping! the car stays flat, and my god, it's such a joy to drive! i love it i think for me the compromise in ride is worth it, but for the average user i doubt it... my dad hates the new setup and he has an e60 m-sport on 18" RFTs so says a lot lol...

and on top of that update... i got me some CIC action

was it worth it? mmmm i dont really think 1g but maybe 500... i was expecting iPod connectivity but i need a combox (maybe a later upgrade) and the mp3 collection is very basic (shows file names instead of track names and there's no track, artist or album search function so it's difficult to find certain tracks)... the satnav is amazing and the whole interface is so so good... a lot of people say CCC is like a child's computer and CIC is a macbook, but realistically i say the upgrade is going from Windows 95 to Windows XP - it's a big upgrade, but is it really worth the monies! selling my old CCC should make the price of this more justifiable though, but it was definitely a great upgrade and i love using it! (also i'm pretty sure the sound quality got better, probably a better amp in the unit)...

also i love the new controller:

looks much more modern! as good looking as the new audi systems

anyways, just to finish off, i took some HDRs:

next up i got a load of little things to do again... m3 steering wheel, lci tail lights, wrap the interior trim, engine bay respray, brake calliper paint, and put some mesh into the front bumper holes

hope you enjoyed the pictures and read!

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #56
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

LOOKS GREAT MATE! the lows are aweomse! BUT Before yu got lower... get some spacers asap!!! Your wheels are lost in the archers, and the lows arent noticed as much as the wheel sunk.

The CIC Looks awesome, but i am thinking the same thoughts mate ...

Shots look great! Pics came out nicely!

What are you going to wrap the interior with?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #57
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
LOOKS GREAT MATE! the lows are aweomse! BUT Before yu got lower... get some spacers asap!!! Your wheels are lost in the archers, and the lows arent noticed as much as the wheel sunk.

The CIC Looks awesome, but i am thinking the same thoughts mate ...

Shots look great! Pics came out nicely!

What are you going to wrap the interior with?
i think some spacers will cause rubbing? i need to roll my rear arches still lol... but yeah i get you
i would say CIC is something you should do when you have the cash lying around and have nothing else to mod, i slightly regret doing it so early....
the interior is gonna get wrapped the same colour as the car, it should give a good flow from interior to exterior, especially with the roof down

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Car looks sick with the roof down.
What rebound settings are you using on the BC's? Few others are running them on here and haven't heard about too much compromise in the ride quality before. Maybe have to try fiddling with the settings a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Achu looks LEGIT, the HD pics have come out HARD! Good ma for BCs, I've certainly not felt a compromise. I did feel with FTs they were pretty hard and I wasn't feeling great but dude, switch to Non RFTs and the difference Is night and day! So much grip, softness and traction. Don't compromise on tyres either... go mid table onwards tyre wise...
      09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #60
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Stunning!!! Awesome work mate! Look forward to seeing this badboy in person!

I agree with Josh - get them wheels spaced out!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #61
PJJD
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange II F32 M Sport+

As said, it looks awesome with the roof down! Bit OCD about interior air vents?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Car looks sick with the roof down.
What rebound settings are you using on the BC's? Few others are running them on here and haven't heard about too much compromise in the ride quality before. Maybe have to try fiddling with the settings a bit.
lol thanks, i just realised, these are the first proper photos i've taken with the roof down! ahh i don't even know, i need to read up about them, but i think they're somewhere between the middle and the hardest settings lol... probably hardest seeing as most people think the ride is okay? i'll get the alignment people to sort it out

Quote:
Achu looks LEGIT, the HD pics have come out HARD! Good ma for BCs, I've certainly not felt a compromise. I did feel with FTs they were pretty hard and I wasn't feeling great but dude, switch to Non RFTs and the difference Is night and day! So much grip, softness and traction. Don't compromise on tyres either... go mid table onwards tyre wise...
yeah i've heard! RFTs are so stupid yeahhh, i was probably gonna go for Vredesteins cos i like the tread design lool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
Stunning!!! Awesome work mate! Look forward to seeing this badboy in person!

I agree with Josh - get them wheels spaced out!
i'm gonna be at Santapod BMW show so if you come down, you can see it i might have a look into spacers, but they're not even the winter wheels i want so probably no point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJD View Post
As said, it looks awesome with the roof down! Bit OCD about interior air vents?
thanks man! ahahaha I didn't even notice the air vents!

a little update to happen soon, one of the little things i need done got a box waiting to be opened!

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #63
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Spill the beans LOL!
      09-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #64
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post

yeah i've heard! RFTs are so stupid yeahhh, i was probably gonna go for Vredesteins cos i like the tread design lool...

i'm gonna be at Santapod BMW show so if you come down, you can see it i might have a look into spacers, but they're not even the winter wheels i want so probably no point!

thanks man! ahahaha I didn't even notice the air vents!

a little update to happen soon, one of the little things i need done got a box waiting to be opened!
VREDS are AWESOME
So silent!!! Great Grip!!! They seem to wear well sooo far, maybe a little quick but worth it. Not much roll in the wall, more than my Michellin, but then again my 18" michellin were a crashier ride than my 19" vreds!!!

All about players mate
Shame it is on teh same day
Very impressive show cars there and you can get a whole lot more ideas from the VAG boys as they spend silly money and do some crazy custom stuff.

What about the air vents? am i missing something?

WHATS NEXT HUH!?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #65
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

WOW have to say well done on a major transformation! i love the 1m bumper my mate Wafik got the same on his m3...also what colour is the wrap? i was thinking of doing the same but never really pulled the trigger on it
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Spill the beans LOL!
lol soon soon, but it's a little change, don't get too hyped! :P

Quote:
VREDS are AWESOME
So silent!!! Great Grip!!! They seem to wear well sooo far, maybe a little quick but worth it. Not much roll in the wall, more than my Michellin, but then again my 18" michellin were a crashier ride than my 19" vreds!!!

All about players mate
Shame it is on teh same day
Very impressive show cars there and you can get a whole lot more ideas from the VAG boys as they spend silly money and do some crazy custom stuff.

What about the air vents? am i missing something?

WHATS NEXT HUH!?
ohh sik! seems like theyre the right tyres to go for

and i applied to get into the hangers for players (i knew it was unlikely) and that was gonna be the deciding factor for which show i went to! i love santapod and havent been for time so i guess players next year

and loool the air vents were all pointing in the same direction with all the controls at half :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahimbeg View Post
WOW have to say well done on a major transformation! i love the 1m bumper my mate Wafik got the same on his m3...also what colour is the wrap? i was thinking of doing the same but never really pulled the trigger on it
thanks man colour is 3m matte metallic blue...

Appreciate 0