E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > RE: Socal Road Rage

05-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Question RE: Socal Road Rage

Hey socal,

I was wondering if my road rage is comparable to that of other socal members. For those of you who know me on a personal level, you know very well I have extreme road rage when getting cut off by people within 1 car length of me--whether they signal or not. If I am very angered I proceed to brake check them, switching lanes with the vehicle until they give up or exit the freeway.

This rage prompts me to switch to DS and down shift and cut them off in return. I know this habit is not healthy, but I am unable to control it. Do the rest of you feel the same?

I have a guess it is a combination of fearing rock chips and getting a car in front of my out of the blue. I do not get road rage if the car cuts me off within 2-3 car lengths, only 1 car length.

I am especially sharing my experience today as I was on the 101 when a honda civic cut me off and I routinely cut him off in return. However, upon passing the vehicle I noticed Air Force side stickers and I felt horrible. I immediately let the civic cut me off again and began thinking about my road rage for the rest of the trip to work.

-A
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

son..i have road rage as we speak

i wanna cut someone off in my office chair

hahah...i drive agressively but i dont think i have rage
      05-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
Hey socal,

I was wondering if my road rage is comparable to that of other socal members. For those of you who know me on a personal level, you know very well I have extreme road rage when getting cut off by people within 1 car length of me--whether they signal or not. If I am very angered I proceed to brake check them, switching lanes with the vehicle until they give up or exit the freeway.

This rage prompts me to switch to DS and down shift and cut them off in return. I know this habit is not healthy, but I am unable to control it. Do the rest of you feel the same?

I have a guess it is a combination of fearing rock chips and getting a car in front of my out of the blue. I do not get road rage if the car cuts me off within 2-3 car lengths, only 1 car length.

I am especially sharing my experience today as I was on the 101 when a honda civic cut me off and I routinely cut him off in return. However, upon passing the vehicle I noticed Air Force side stickers and I felt horrible. I immediately let the civic cut me off again and began thinking about my road rage for the rest of the trip to work.

-A
I used to be exactly like you in that sense. But the older I got the more I realized it's not worth getting emotional over an idiot driver. Life is way too short to get upset. The reality of driving is that you will encounter morons each time you go out. Just today I saw the Lexus in front of me rear end someone because he was looking for an address on La Cienega Blvd. and couldn't brake on time.

The reality is, one day your anger may get you into more trouble than you bargained for. Just not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Bimmerbaby
Midget General
Rep
Drives: Montego blue...car

I do get angry when ppl cut me off or do something stupid, but then i'm too afraid to get shot at to cut them off in return. That and i'm afraid they'll throw something at my car and damage it.

What do i do when i get all angry? I scream and yell and hope they get cut off too! But that's about it. Maybe that's why i'm so violant toward you guys?

I have also notice that my driving music makes a lot of difference. I don't know if it is true for anyone else, but if i'm playing something relaxing like jazz i tend to be mellow and don't care if someone cuts me off or speed up to block me when i want to change lane.
      05-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Just step back from the situation and realize how truly insignificant getting cut off is. I am no angel. I still get angry at times especially if there is a ton of traffic, but after looking back on the situation my anger is always unjustified.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I'm worse than you Johnson....worse than you (but only when I'm alone in the car)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I listen to Bob Marley when I drive... it helps... but you will see my middle finger stickin out the window
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerbaby View Post
I do get angry when ppl cut me off or do something stupid, but then i'm too afraid to get shot at to cut them off in return. That and i'm afraid they'll throw something at my car and damage it.

What do i do when i get all angry? I scream and yell and hope they get cut off too! But that's about it. Maybe that's why i'm so violant toward you guys?

I have also notice that my driving music makes a lot of difference. I don't know if it is true for anyone else, but if i'm playing something relaxing like jazz i tend to be mellow and don't care if someone cuts me off or speed up to block me when i want to change lane.
music eh...i should stop listening to death metal then
      05-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Road Rage is typical in SoCal....I return my favor usually when I was just driving alone....
if there's passengers...i'll just give up....dun feel like doing stupid things and hurt anyone in my car ....
      05-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

crazy woman!!!

j/k~

there was a study i heard from Top Gear...if you talk about manly terms....it'll trigger the driver to drive faster.....more feminine terms like pink or watever....will slow down the driver....not sure how valid the study was....

but same applies to music...
      05-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
son..i have road rage as we speak

i wanna cut someone off in my office chair

hahah...i drive agressively but i dont think i have rage
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
Bimmerbaby
Midget General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
I'm worse than you Johnson....worse than you (but only when I'm alone in the car)
wow for some reason i can't see that in you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjw View Post
I listen to Bob Marley when I drive... it helps... but you will see my middle finger stickin out the window

Quote:
music eh...i should stop listening to death metal then
Yes please

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
crazy woman!!!

j/k~

there was a study i heard from Top Gear...if you talk about manly terms....it'll trigger the driver to drive faster.....more feminine terms like pink or watever....will slow down the driver....not sure how valid the study was....

but same applies to music...
Hey you're a crazy driver too!

I'm going to drive with children music on next time.
      05-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

personally i think its a fob thing....and 90% of the people in this thread are either fobby or just very asian...

i think we found the problem.
      05-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

I am only going to say BECAREFUL some kid a few years ago pulled some ignorant shit like you seem to be doing, I mean cut me off to get back fine but dont cross that line of being a idiot I ended up in jail because @ the next stop light I dragged him out of his car and beat the shit out of him, keeping in mind he kept fucking around for about a mile going through downtown and little did he know I had my bestfriends two young kids in my car and he almost caused a serious accident he ended up in the hospital and I got one year all but 30 days suspended my lawyer said he wrote a letter in which he was sorry for his actions and did not wish to further the lawsuite!!! moral of the story you dont know who you are fucking with I was fresh out of the army and prolly was a bit tense still but you never know!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
wow for some reason i can't see that in you

Yes please

Hey you're a crazy driver too!

I'm going to drive with children music on next time.
u havn't seen me driving pissed off...
      05-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #16
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
why would u feel terrible? fuck the motherfucker. smoke his ass
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #17
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
personally i think its a fob thing....and 90% of the people in this thread are either fobby or just very asian...

i think we found the problem.
no...its in SoCal coz we're to close to Mexico!!!
      05-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #18
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i used to get mad a lot while driving, but i've learned to control it a lot more as i started getting older.

it's not worth it. you just never know what the other driver may do and/or may be carrying with them. plus you create a dangerous situation for others on the road.
      05-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #19
Bimmerbaby
Midget General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
why would u feel terrible? fuck the motherfucker. smoke his ass
someone is going to call the popo on you and say your a terrorist, so you should be careful.
      05-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #20
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
someone is going to call the popo on you and say your a terrorist, so you should be careful.
      05-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
i used to get mad a lot while driving, but i've learned to control it a lot more as i started getting older.

it's not worth it. you just never know what the other driver may do and/or may be carrying with them. plus you create a dangerous situation for others on the road.

i.e my story....becareful I will be the first to admit I get mad but my tactic is to blow by them like a low flying jet and be done with it
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img...-insurance.jpg
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #22
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
Hey socal,

-A

I used to have very bad road rage. After I got married, I got better. After the kids came, it got much better.

I still get ticked off when people in front of me clean their windshields while moving, especially after I have my car washed. Just went beside someone yesterday and honked at them big time.

When people cut me off in the past, I would go in front of them and SLAM on the brakes. However, one time, someone came back around and went beside me and waved their 9mm at me. Not a fun sight.

These days, I just let it be. Not worth the stress and the aggravation. And these days, it could lead into something worse that you'll regret... or might not be able to regret (if you know what I mean).

So take it easy, take a deep breath, and let it go. Don't let the small things get to you. I look at my young kids every morning and are amazed that I am responsible for their well being. So I gotta make good choices to ensure that I'll be around to see them through life.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0