E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New mods for my car - VIP Tuning cold air intake and charge pipes - pictures inside

01-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #89
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333 View Post
there really is way too much drama. I subscribe to a thread to keep updated with it but everytime I go to read a new post, its someone replying with worthless info/drama/convo that has nothing to do with whats going on.
getting back to this thread,
What is the story with the intake. Is it available or still prototype
Its available. They were expecting a shipment in today, which i think they got. Mine ships out tomorrow...hopefully

I will definitely keep you guys updated with the CAI. Hopefully i will be the first to install and write a customer review about it. Ill take it by the dyno and see if it puts down good #'s.

FWIW, so far, VIP has be PERFECT in every aspect. Always respond promtly to my PM's and emails. Excellent Customer service...so far
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #90
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
This forum is hilarious.. So from what I have been reading in the past few posts revah, you haven't given him any reason to defend himself. What you said is heresay. It is kinda like me saying "I heard you have received drug charges in the past and have recieved multiple DUIs. But don't hold me to it, it's just what I heard." Obviously, I have no idea who you are or anything about you but if I can convince enough people it becomes truth in the eyes of the naive.

All you are doing is attacking his credibility and not substantiating it with any evidence.
He is sending you PMs to probably keep it from becoming an argument in a thread that is about an intake. Not some personal problem you might have with him. What you are doing is hiding behind the public by posting his PMs, you sir are the coward.

I haven't been reading the forums in over a week and I come back to this garbage and PMs talking about how VIP got banned. Grow up people, if you don't like his product don't buy it. If you don't like how he does business don't buy it. But if you are gonna sit here and mud sling(and that is all you are doing) there are undoubtedly better things you can do with your time.

To all of those reading this wondering what all the drama is about...If you notice all of those that have actually had first hand experience with the company have no complaints and speak of them highly. It's only the friend of a friend or the "I know a guy" types that are complaining. In the end, it helps to be a smart consumer and see through the shit. And that is all this is in the end, shit.
Let me reiterate. I know for a fact this guy has a bad reputation and that hes done some messed up shit to a BUDDY of mine. It's not like I've heard it from one person (my friend), I've heard it from multiple people have had bad experiences with him.... some of them ($$$ very bad).

This is not mud slinging, this is merely something you should be thanking me for. You wouldnt want to be informed if the person who you were buying a product from had a bad reputation, regardless of whether or not he was a crook(even though he is), or whether or not he had a good product...??
THE FACT IS IF YOU HAVE A BAD REPUTATION THERE IS A REASON FOR IT.
If people had good experiences with him then, naturally, by word of mouth He'd have a good reputation? Catch my drift?

I have HARD EVIDENCE and completely legit reasons to be attacking his credibility. What sort of evidence do you have to be attacking my credibility?
Whats that? No evidence at all. As far as I'm concerned you should be thanking me for informing you.
And don't give me this forum drama shit, if you werent in on it you wouldnt have bothered to respond to the ADVICE I'm giving the forum members.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #91
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

In the last 3 months of my relationship with VIP the only problems I have witnessed were spoiled brats from S.FL complaining about not getting their products fast enough. Personally, I think the Boca Raton area is filled with kids with too much money and a serious amount of entitlement issues.

If you were an adult you would have made your peace in the beginning of the thread and let the readers of this forum make their own decision based on it. But instead you choose to make a comment every couple posts.

Rideelement is the only person that could possibly have a gripe. And that was a freak accident that I personally know people were extremely apologetic about.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #92
bimmermansfl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
In the last 3 months of my relationship with VIP the only problems I have witnessed were spoiled brats from S.FL complaining about not getting their products fast enough. Personally, I think the Boca Raton area is filled with kids with too much money and a serious amount of entitlement issues.

If you were an adult you would have made your peace in the beginning of the thread and let the readers of this forum make their own decision based on it. But instead you choose to make a comment every couple posts.

Rideelement is the only person that could possibly have a gripe. And that was a freak accident that I personally know people were extremely apologetic about.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #93
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

So does anyone know how much the intake costs?
      01-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #94
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Clearly you and bimmer dont know the whole story with him. But I'll let it slide. I know you guys are buddy buddy.... getting eachothers back in this thread is kinda cute
I no longer give a shit.
And for the record, get your facts straight on what happened with rideelment.
How many spoiled brats do you know from S.FL, what have you witnessed?? By your reasoning I should be all over your ass just like you were on mine when I provided my information.
If I was a "kid" I'd would've never mentioned anything in the first place. And its because I am an adult that I disclosed what I did.
Kids in boca have too much money? ...Wouldnt you of liked to have been in there position. And by your logic, if they had all this money they wouldnt blow it out of proportion when one of em got stiffed out of 800 dollars.
That'll be all
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #95
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
So does anyone know how much the intake costs?
$450+ shipping... at least thats what i paid
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #96
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
$450+ shipping... at least thats what i paid

Wow, that's a PRICEY intake! For a run of 3" powder coated aluminum and a cone filter, it's actually obnoxious.

Does it include the BOV? That would make it a little more reasonable, but still high (imo)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #97
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post

Wow, that's a PRICEY intake! For a run of 3" powder coated aluminum and a cone filter, it's actually obnoxious.

Does it include the BOV? That would make it a little more reasonable, but still high (imo)
Well you have to take into consideration this is a BMW not a Subaru or a Mitsubishi and so there is inflation. I paid $399 for my Evolution intake for the new S4... The MSDS Inc intake is about $600 for the 335i and the gruppe M is $1800, the Gruppe M rep is $900 so you gotta pay to play with these types of cars... I bought my friend an intake for his B-day for his STI for $160...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #98
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Last edited by rideelement247; 01-08-2008 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #99
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep

Last edited by down4it; 01-08-2008 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #100
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #101
M&M
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Boosted Beemers!

Sh1t dude, I really feel for you man. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #102
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

The only thing I have to say about this is that rideelements story is infact true. They do take the car for a test drive even for most oil changes. The fact that his apprentice was driving I don't agree with either. I don't agree with how it was handled by vista at all. The big guy that you saw was the guy who was driving your car the other person was myself. I will admit to being 150pnds soaking wet with a brick in my pocket.(Not the slightest bit demeaning) They were told by their superiors to handle it a certain way and let vista deal with it. I do feel for the situation you were put through and I really think it should have been handled differently. If it was at his shop and not at a BMW dealership there would be more to be said for his part in the clean up. But I will say again I am sorry for what you were put through and I don't think anyone should have to go through something like that.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #103
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The only thing I have to say about this is that rideelements story is infact true. They do take the car for a test drive even for most oil changes. The fact that his apprentice was driving I don't agree with either. I don't agree with how it was handled by vista at all. The big guy that you saw was the guy who was driving your car the other person was myself. I will admit to being 150pnds soaking wet with a brick in my pocket.(Not the slightest bit demeaning) They were told by their superiors to handle it a certain way and let vista deal with it. I do feel for the situation you were put through and I really think it should have been handled differently. If it was at his shop and not at a BMW dealership there would be more to be said for his part in the clean up. But I will say again I am sorry for what you were put through and I don't think anyone should have to go through something like that.
Well I deleted it and asked down4it to delete my quote. I do not want to butt heads with Jacque and his buddies. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #104
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Well I deleted it and asked down4it to delete my quote. I do not want to butt heads with Jacque and his buddies. Thanks.
I deleted it...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #105
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
I deleted it...
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #106
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Well you have to take into consideration this is a BMW not a Subaru or a Mitsubishi and so there is inflation. I paid $399 for my Evolution intake for the new S4... The MSDS Inc intake is about $600 for the 335i and the gruppe M is $1800, the Gruppe M rep is $900 so you gotta pay to play with these types of cars... I bought my friend an intake for his B-day for his STI for $160...
So because it's going on a more expensive car, the same materials are worth more?

Brilliance.

Sounds to me like you're just more accustomed to getting taken for a ride because you drive a more expensive automobile. The world has no shortage of suckers, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #107
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
So because it's going on a more expensive car, the same materials are worth more?

Brilliance.
You got it buddy! Shitty world we live in... Have you seen the price for an intake on a F430? $3995... Byahhhh!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #108
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
You got it buddy! Shitty world we live in... Have you seen the price for an intake on a F430? $3995... Byahhhh!!
It's not that difficult to make your own, even with powder coating and a high end cone filter.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #109
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

hmm... Make your own CAI and I promise you it won't be nearly as efficient as you wish it were. Majority of the companies that have produced intakes have made 10+ intakes before they settled on the one that was the "best" in their opinion. Don't assume things are so easy. Yes there is a fair bit inflation due to the fact that it is being put on a BMW. But don't downplay the amount of hard work that goes into the majority of R&D that is done on most parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #110
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

For $450 Im in. Even Shiv has noted many times that at elevated boost and power levels the stock airbox becomes a restriction..........also noting that we shouldn't be expecting 400 hp with the stock intake. AND...........I WANNA HEAR MY DAMN TURBO'S!!!

I think I'm gonna give them an e-mail and see what it takes to get one. The MSDS is the only other one I would consider an it's another $150.