E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Downpipes and Exhaust!

08-31-2007, 11:33 PM   #23
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
As long as you don't kill yourself or others while enjoying it so much. Anyway, good luck...I hope you get all this resolved.

btw -- where are u going to college next year? UF????
lol thanks for the good luck, I will need it.

I can get into UF, UM, even Boston lol. I chose USF or Nova Southeastern. I'm gunna go for medicine on the fast track 7 year program. UF was too big a campus for me.

Still time to decide where exactly I want to go, so until then I am concentrating on the car
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
lol thanks for the good luck, I will need it.

I can get into UF, UM, even Boston lol. I chose USF or Nova Southeastern. I'm gunna go for medicine on the fast track 7 year program. UF was too big a campus for me.

Still time to decide where exactly I want to go, so until then I am concentrating on the car
Excellent...all good schools! My wife grad. UCF and I of course grad. UF! btw -- good choice not going to UM...Jackson Mem...ehh, but the UF Med program at Shands is excellent!!!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #25
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Excellent...all good schools! My wife grad. UCF and I of course grad. UF! btw -- don't go to UM...Jackson Mem...ehh, but the UF Med program...Shands!!!!!
Yea, my dad doesnt like Jackson Memorial. He works at Bethesda Memorial Healthcare. He runs his dept. like a tight ship, but the whole hospital isn't the swiftest/best.

But yea, I am between NSU and USF. I can't wait!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #26
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I have the same rasp with my system, kind of annoying once in a while but people are overwhelmed when they hear a 3 series like mine.lol. Im running custom made catless DP's with a custom full mendrel bent 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe to dual borla straight thru XR-1 race mufflers... Basically my car is as free flowing as it can be and it sounds nuts!!! Congrats on the mods...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #27
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
I have the same rasp with my system, kind of annoying once in a while but people are overwhelmed when they hear a 3 series like mine.lol. Im running custom made catless DP's with a custom full mendrel bent 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe to dual borla straight thru XR-1 race mufflers... Basically my car is as free flowing as it can be and it sounds nuts!!! Congrats on the mods...
Nice! Do you have any CEL problems? If not, I would love some hints on how to get rid of mine! My friend has a CTS-V with Borla exhaust. By far louder than mine. But he also has alot of shit including supercharger. He has 520 to the WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!

I will message you in a lil asking about the CELs if you don't read this first, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #28
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRAlloys View Post
RideElement247,

I`m glad to hear you are local! But i`m SHOCKED to find out you are only 17!!!
Make sure you don't street race. There are several tracks you can go to. But if you are stupid enough to do it make sure you know your limits

Carlos
+1,000,000 on that. I'm in Tampa/Clearwater area and the entire Nick Hogan thing is making everyone around here crazy and angry about young street racers. Be careful.....especially if your coming my way next year....
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #29
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

hmmmm...you buy UR stuff and are asking Riss (their direct competitor) for help and advice. dude, come on. how dumb is that?!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #30
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayno View Post
hmmmm...you buy UR stuff and are asking Riss (their direct competitor) for help and advice. dude, come on. how dumb is that?!
well they have been known to help out in certain situations regardless of manufacturer.

or he could be making an example of UR in reference to technical support and silently promoting RR at the same time. but i think its answer number 1.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #31
VR_WAGEN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1998 GTI VR6 GINSTER YELLOW

wtf? i need sound clips! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 04:38 AM   #32
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Hey just got your PM. I have helped a few people with the UR DP in regards to the CEL they are throwing. A couple have been because of install errors. We think we know why our DP arn't throwing CELs, and other companies are. I have PM'd you my personal cell number give me a call tomorrow, and I'll do my best to help ya out

This is why we have put so much R&D into our DP. It's issues like this we wanna fix not just send the DP's out, and have you guys deal with the issues.

-Anthony
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #33
DreX3M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97-X3M Competition

My E46 M3 had the same rasp between 1500-2000rpm when I replaced the cats with straight-thru pipes. Didn't like the sound so I switched to high flow cats and rasp was gone. This is not to be mistaken with the usual M3 rasp at higher rpms.

Think it might be the vanos doing something in that range to give more torque at that rpm range. Personally, I think the rasp is there to stay if you continue with straight thru.

I've got catted UR downpipes on my 335 and it doesn't have the rasp.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #34
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
Hey just got your PM. I have helped a few people with the UR DP in regards to the CEL they are throwing. A couple have been because of install errors. We think we know why our DP arn't throwing CELs, and other companies are. I have PM'd you my personal cell number give me a call tomorrow, and I'll do my best to help ya out

This is why we have put so much R&D into our DP. It's issues like this we wanna fix not just send the DP's out, and have you guys deal with the issues.

-Anthony
The reason why Riss Racing is so great.

To be completely honest, the ONLY reason I didn't buy RR DP is because I did not see them on the forms when I ordered. I placed my order to UR and then 2 days later, I found the thread on Riss Racing DP.

I was pissed that I wasn't patient to wait and find a better company, but I couldn't do anything about it, UR has a 35% restocking fee...and the pipes and exhaust were already en route.

I appologize to you Anthony, I wish I had bought your amazing product. But I do REALLY appreciate that you are being a mechanic/tech/fellow BMW owner before a salesman. Someone who is just a salesman would not take their time to help someone out.

Thanks again, and I will call you this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:49 AM   #35
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverState View Post
Good question.

I read these thread about how so an so is running w/o cats and "so far, no codes". I can't help but doubt that...

As for a teenager with a 335 who can run a full race exhaust w/o cats but is not allowed to run a tune, well that's another weird issue.
yea, my parents don't exactly understand what cats are. They think its a type of resonator box (which it sort of is)

Not only that, but I could still do the PROcede if I snuck it into my car. Maybe I will work on figuring out how to James Bond around that issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #36
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
well they have been known to help out in certain situations regardless of manufacturer.

or he could be making an example of UR in reference to technical support and silently promoting RR at the same time. but i think its answer number 1.
Yes, I am referencing to the technical issues of UR. I do not have any first-hand experience with Riss Racing, but they are going to call me and step me through checking out the install of my exhaust. So their technical support gets an A++. They truely should get a JD Power award for support, seeing as they are helping people who aren't their customers.

I am glad that I received a BMW. It seems that every BMW owner here treats ech other like family.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #37
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Those concerned about me racing: I do not race hardcore like the teenagers you read about in the obituaries. Many kids at my school will race up to speeds of 150 mph+. A friend of mine got pulled over going 175, but the cop didnt know exactly how fast he was going.

I know my limits, well, actually, the limits of the road. I realize there are other drivers, other people, bikers, etc. I only race at dead night with no other cars on the road. If I see a car on the right hand side pulling out from somewhere, or about to pull out from somewhere, I immediately slow it down and concentrate on them to make sure they do not pull out on me. Same goes with people making U-Turns.

Some hardcore racers in South Florida probably deem this to be "p***y" but I do not care. A 50k car doesn't need to mesh with any other car at lightning speeds. I keep it safe and fun and always remember that I am not on a track
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #38
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR_WAGEN View Post
wtf? i need sound clips! :rocks:
I'm not sure if you are asking for sound clips to hear the rasp or to hear the pure brilliance of the vehicle?

But, yes, I am working on videoing the car and exhaust. Hopefully this afternoon I will have videos to post.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #39
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i, Evo VIII, WRX, STi, 350Z

Well first off, I am glad you got our products installed and are enjoying the performance gains. If you are having problems, PLEASE contact us first. I think that's the most sensible thing to do. Your post was started last night at 11:42PM...long after we have closed. It is 9:19AM on a Saturday as I am typing this, and contrary to what others have posted, I think that's pretty good support.

I MUST add that some of the statements made are completely false. We have never guaranteed against CEL's with our catless downpipes. What was mentioned was that our car had only had several days worth of driving on catless downpipes, and we hadn't received a CEL yet. There is no one at Ultimate Racing that would ever guarantee any catless product from not triggering a CEL. Originally, our plans were to offer our metal high-flow catted downpipes only. We made the catless ones simply because people asked for them. Each and every customer that has contacted me about purchasing catless downpipes has been told all of this. The original posted was told this, and I even recall him asking what to do if a CEL did appear. He mentioned that he was given a code reader that came with his Procede, and I told him that it would more than likely reset the code if he were to get one. Now why would I say that if I guaranteed no CEL?

Also, regarding our restocking fee. Yes, we do have one, and yes, it is 35%. However, the original poster ordered this complete exhaust system with us, and was told it would be shipped in 2-3 days. After 2 days, we received an a couple of emails, one from him, and one from his grandmother stating that they would not like to cancel the order. One email stated it was due to learning that the parts would not be compatible. Now, his order was now ready and complete...ready to ship. Instead of creating more problems for ourselves with an angry customer, I approved a FULL REFUND of the purchase price with no restocking fee added. The customer then contacted me about 3-5 minutes later saying that he would like to continue with the order. He stated there were just some problems with finances and they thought they needed the money back. Anyhow, the order was reprocessed, and the item was shipped that same day.

We still believe we have some of the best technical support out there. Not every install goes smoothly. Many members have called us while installing our exhaust and downpipes for some help. I believe that each and every one of them that called got everything to work out.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #40
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007_E93 View Post
+1,000,000 on that. I'm in Tampa/Clearwater area and the entire Nick Hogan thing is making everyone around here crazy and angry about young street racers. Be careful.....especially if your coming my way next year....

Tampa huh? we should meet up sometime

Problems like this is why i perfer to do the modifications myself that way ill know if something was done wrong.

If I were in the situation I would of contacted UR via phone or pm before I made a thread about it but thats just me....
      09-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #41
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Racing View Post
Well first off, I am glad you got our products installed and are enjoying the performance gains. If you are having problems, PLEASE contact us first. I think that's the most sensible thing to do. Your post was started last night at 11:42PM...long after we have closed. It is 9:19AM on a Saturday as I am typing this, and contrary to what others have posted, I think that's pretty good support.

I MUST add that some of the statements made are completely false. We have never guaranteed against CEL's with our catless downpipes. What was mentioned was that our car had only had several days worth of driving on catless downpipes, and we hadn't received a CEL yet. There is no one at Ultimate Racing that would ever guarantee any catless product from not triggering a CEL. Originally, our plans were to offer our metal high-flow catted downpipes only. We made the catless ones simply because people asked for them. Each and every customer that has contacted me about purchasing catless downpipes has been told all of this. The original posted was told this, and I even recall him asking what to do if a CEL did appear. He mentioned that he was given a code reader that came with his Procede, and I told him that it would more than likely reset the code if he were to get one. Now why would I say that if I guaranteed no CEL?

Also, regarding our restocking fee. Yes, we do have one, and yes, it is 35%. However, the original poster ordered this complete exhaust system with us, and was told it would be shipped in 2-3 days. After 2 days, we received an a couple of emails, one from him, and one from his grandmother stating that they would not like to cancel the order. One email stated it was due to learning that the parts would not be compatible. Now, his order was now ready and complete...ready to ship. Instead of creating more problems for ourselves with an angry customer, I approved a FULL REFUND of the purchase price with no restocking fee added. The customer then contacted me about 3-5 minutes later saying that he would like to continue with the order. He stated there were just some problems with finances and they thought they needed the money back. Anyhow, the order was reprocessed, and the item was shipped that same day.

We still believe we have some of the best technical support out there. Not every install goes smoothly. Many members have called us while installing our exhaust and downpipes for some help. I believe that each and every one of them that called got everything to work out.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Seems a little rude to call out a customer and share all that info... I understand you are just trying to show how you already made compromises for him, but at the same time, it was pretty obvious that he should have contacted you guys for support, and he didnt, and that is obviously not your fault. No need to defend yourself.

Why dont you offer him an upgrade price to go to the highflow cat system, and give him a phone number to call, or some support ideas... that would seem more productive than just trying to discredit him.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #42
bnj
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I don't think it is warranted to imply UR would be worse company than some other.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #43
psu139
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
I just wanted to say that when I experienced some trouble installing my downpipes the first thing I did was call these guys and they where more than ready to do anything to solve the problem. They are class act and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase other products from them. I know that when they first released there downpipes a possible CEL was stated in their press release (catless) so I don't know how you can put any blame on them.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #44
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Man...the things these kids get themselves into... IMHO, I think that was the right thing to do from your company's standpoint and I commend you for your offer of a full refund w/o restocking fee to this particular customer; it shows your understanding and commitment for top-notch customer service and satisfaction.

With that said, I think it's important that you make your potential customers understand that the "safest" product (with the least risk of potential problems including CELs) to purchase from your company are the high-flow catted DPs; apparently, you've done this by contacting those customers who purchase your catless DPs (although you should remind them prior to fulfilling their order). To be fair, "several days" of test driving with your catless DPs (w/o a CEL) doesn't mean it's exactly a "highly tested" product.

And, FWIW, apparently your competition for DPs, RR has developed catless DPs for the 335i that supposedly do not throw CELs after significant testing; not sure the reason, nor do I care since I am not in the market for DPs...but many other ppl are of course. I have a feeling that many ppl wanting the catless DPs (for full power and sound), regardless of which company they go with, may ultimately have issues with them, and come to the conclusion that the high-flow catted DPs are the way to go.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0