E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anybody know car rental places that rent to under 21?

04-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Anybody know car rental places that rent to under 21?

Just as the title states, I need to find a car rental place that rents to people under 21. I need to tow a boat that my dad baught up to SC this weekend. We are trying to figure out a way to get it up there with out him driving all the way down from NC to here and back to SC. I would just rent a uhaul and tow it up there but its gonna be about 8 or 900$ each way the lady told me and thats way to much. So i need a car rental place that rents to 19 year olds and has hitches to pull a 11k lb boat. If you have any ideas let me know.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

not going to happen, there are very few places that rent to people under 21, thos eplaces give <21 the crappy cars, in addition there are very few places that let you take the vehicles out of state...

very litte chance * very litte chance = extremly small itty bitty chance of finding a place that meets your needs

pay a boat transport 400$ to put it on a flatbed, problem solved, or alternativly, drive the boat up there through the water?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

No

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
not going to happen, there are very few places that rent to people under 21, thos eplaces give <21 the crappy cars, in addition there are very few places that let you take the vehicles out of state...

very litte chance * very litte chance = extremly small itty bitty chance of finding a place that meets your needs

pay a boat transport 400$ to put it on a flatbed, problem solved, or alternativly, drive the boat up there through the water?

Its not a huge issue if it cant happen my dad will just drive down here and pick it up, we were just trying to find alternatives...but looks like i have found my answer.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Found somewhere...but none of the vehicles have hitchs on them but still nice to know there is somewhere http://www.e-zrentacar.com/policies.html?action=show

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
enterprise does it. i used to rent cars all the time in college (went to school in MI) and during SB in FL. i'd rent all sorts of different cars from mustangs, to sebring convertables to durango's to pickups to land rovers. they will charge you i believe $20 a day more for being under 21, and also require that you purchase insurance unless your insurance offers full coverage for rentals. they're kinda pricey too from what i remember....$60+ a day and its true^^they state that you aren't supposed to tow.