E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Bit of help please if possible ...

10-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
den656
Private
Rep
Drives: 318D

Bit of help please if possible ...

Hi all , basically I have a 2009 318d lci saloon, I had an engine management light come on , which was cc-id 29 , I sought out a local Indy , with good feedback,and took it in, they told me it was the turbo on the way out,so bit the bullet and paid for that to be done , a week later,the light returns , back in, to be told it was some wiring that was stuffed,so another £200 later, the wiring has been done , another week,lights back ,took it back in, to be told this time it was a split pipe, pipe done, and lo and behold,another week , and the light is back on .
Big sigh lol, so basically it has been in and out of the garage 3 times,for one fault,but every time it has been a different problem,and nothing at all to do with the previous work,but am getting at the end of my patience now,as the light is back on, and the chap said ,well if the pipe doesn't fix it, it will be the egr next and it won't be cheap , do I have any kind of legal protection or help on this ? As nothing has been done gratis , or no mention of ' we said it would fix the problem ,and it hasn't so we will sort it ' it just feels like I am being taken for a ride, and again I must stress, this is a decent garage,all the correct bmw diagnostics etc,and well spoken of on forums , so please people,any words of wisdom ,or advice would be appreciated, thanks for reading, Dennis l
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Sounds horrendous. I can't help with the problem, and hopefully better knowledgable people than me may. How ever in your position I would now be seeking a second opinion. Did he ever plug in and check for error codes?

I would get second look and make sure they check diagnostics.

Then you may or may not have ammo to go back to him with a huge complaint.

Good luck mate I hope it turns out for you. Keep us informed.
Appreciate 0