E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Rock Chips

02-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Rock Chips

Just wanted to get some advice from the experts here.

I just picked up a used 06 330i in jet black. The paint is pretty banged up throughout the car. I'm not too conerned about fine scratches and swirls, since most detailers can take care of that. My main concern is that there are quite a few rock chips throughout the car. I've done enough touch ups on previous cars to know that I suck at it.

The BMW dealer I purchased the car from told me to come back to them, and "their guy" will take care of the rock chips for me. Can the dealer be trusted to take care of rock chips? I did notice some touch ups on the car that looked pretty bad, but not sure if it was from the dealer or previous owner.

So my question is: should I take it back and put my trust in the dealer? Or should I find a reputable detailer to handle it and pay outta pocket. The car is a CPO, so the dealer said the chips should've been taken care of before hitting the lot for sale. Just not sure if the dealer will return the car back with globs of touch up all over the place.

Sorry for the long read. Advice???
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

I would take it to someone you can trust to do it. If you dont know anyone, Im sure someone on here would be glad to point you the right way.
But first, ask the dealer who the person they use is and go from there.