E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > does my sirius work? bluetooth works? what to do?

09-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

does my sirius work? bluetooth works? what to do?

here are some pics of my sirius setup, i've never used it so how can i check if it works? and second i want to remove and sell if possible OR remove altogether... i've searched and found some posts w/DIY to remove, and i understand i would need to close the loop to prevent errors, just looking for tip to check working condition since i've never activated it and if it's something i can sell.... can someone help me on this and give me some ideas, links?

Second, i am using my bluetooth in the car, and i'm also looking to remove and sell this, would i have to remove the antenna/mic/ and unit in the trunk to sell this? or could i just sell the unit, which seems simple enough to remove in the trunk

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
For the Sirius you have to call them and subscribe and have to pay a yearly subscription... the Bluetooth you have to pair it... you can explore your I-drive controller on how to and why would you want to remove it?... it is part of the package on your car... it is like removing some of the value ...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

thanks for quick reply

i understand that sirius is a paid service, yet i have never used it or activated it, so i want to remove it, and possibly sell it, so i want to make sure it works first, and i'm looking for a way to test it...

as for the bluetooth, as stated i am currently using it, so i know this works, it was just a thought if it was simple, i could remove it and sell it as well? i love my bluetooth earpiece already, and also i never used the bluetooth in the car, so my question was, how difficult it would be to remove, and what exactly i would have to remove? just the unit in the trunk OR all the pieces?

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bluetooth and Sirius is connected to an amp that makes it work on your controls... try to trace where your amp is and see the connections....

Mine is connected to my Logic7 amp that controls everything Sirius/Bluetooth/Nav/Etc... when my amp died on me everything went off... I have to replaced my Logic7 amp to make everything work again... cost me $1,200 for the amp alone...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

since i am using my bluetooth, and it is working, i need to be able to test sirius, but i don't want to active it, or subscribe for service....

so is there any way i can test it and make sure it's working before offering it to sale? any ideas? only thing i have done is set it to sirius and it displays a number to call and active... so that's as far as i've gotten... not sure what else i can do to test it... thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
From your I-drive controller select entertainment then see if you have satellite radio on the selections if not then the only way to test it is to subscribe
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Petrodon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i - Montego Blue

Actually you can!

The easiest way to test the Satellite radio is to set it to channel 184 (Preview) it will always work, its the channel they use to activate the radio and it just loops commercials 24/7. But if you get sound, then you know it works.

BTW, I think I might have blown my Sirius radio after my car was detailed (letting it dry out now) if you want to sell the part PM me.
Appreciate 0