E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Battery Discharge

04-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Dan-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335D, R6

Battery Discharge

Hi guys after some advice, my car radio decided earlier it didn't want to play any sound through the logic 7 system so i decided to remove the negative terminal for 10 mins and reconnect it, sorted sound came back on.

but now i have another issue, if sat with ignition on for about 1 mins i get battery charge very low message pop up on my idrive, checked the voltage via the hidden menu and it was 11.9v, I went out to the car this evening and no welcome lights came on started the car and increased battery discharge message popped up and i had to reset my clock! decided to go for a 50 mile drive having the Hidden menu Voltage displayed the whole time 14.4 - 14.6v consistent and when i got back turned the car off and ignition on keeping the Voltage displayed after about 1 min i get battery charge very low come on with the battery at 12.3v.

What the hell is going on?

The battery was replaced a few months ago and then reprogrammed by Steve at A1BM

Any help welcome

Regards Dan
206 1.4, Sport Ka, 206 Gti, focus 1.8, Vectra 1.9 CDTi, Corsa 1.8 Sri, 206 Gti 180, Impreza Blobeye Sti Widetrack, Clio 172 Cup Track Car, E92 335D, Impreza Hatch STI, Evo IX FQ360MR, E92 M3 Competition
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Simple answer Dan, get the car back to me booking wise call me we can do with ease from Wednesday. Suspect from the brief description you've given(plus I'm writing this too early in the morning)that you've got a power draw of some description.

Re the Logic 7 situation and no sound be interested to know why that's just shut down as due to power ? it may have possibly been shut down and the battery reset you've performed as helped, but best thing rather than assume anything is let us have a look. If it's a power management fault we'll find it (can't remember where the battery came from but if it's a battery related fault then it'll be dealt with) but if you can don't clear any codes as its best viewed untampered.