E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake squeak or no? Noise from rear wheel/brake.

11-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
335forme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Brake squeak or no? Noise from rear wheel/brake.

Hey guys, anyone have experience with noise? Took the 2007 335i in to the dealer for some work. I asked about this noise from the rear right wheel its loud and annoying, louder when going slow and turning.

I asked the dealer to take a listen and also check the brakes. They say the brakes are fine but will need replaced in 5k miles. They "say" the noise is from the sensor hitting and making a squeak again even though the brakes do not need replaced.

I think its something that can be fixed and not the brake sensor. Anyone else have an opinion or maybe a solution? Its happened with 3 sets of wheels so I know its not the wheel.

Its super annoying driving around with this loud noise.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

The 3 series has the brake sensors on the front left and rear right. If the noise is only coming from the rear right, I'm going to also say it's the sensor. I had the same issue with the front left, but fiddled with the sensor, and it's 90% gone now. I also disconnected the rear sensor completely, and twisted the wires together, so it won't trip a code.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
335forme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

So short of new brakes that it doesnt need is there a fix from the right rear?
Appreciate 0