E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Bling watches

04-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #67
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
I guess I would def try out the looks in a shop but if the cash diff was too much prefer a reputable online store or go thru" Amazon, the same vendor is there too.
Why don't you check out the watches next time you leave the country? Most airport duty free shops have some lux watches on display and you can order it if they don't have it in stock. You also get it tax free.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #68
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmash View Post
Why don't you check out the watches next time you leave the country? Most airport duty free shops have some lux watches on display and you can order it if they don't have it in stock. You also get it tax free.
Yupz, must try that.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #69
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser

haha that was my plan. waiting for oppurtunity to leave country and grab the watch on the way back
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #70
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

Just had a look at IWC and Hublet collection. They make great, modern looking watches but ... meh
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #71
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
Just had a look at IWC and Hublet collection. They make great, modern looking watches but ... meh
I don't think they're GOLD enough for your azn needs. >.<
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #72
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
is it this

http://www.steindiamonds.com/watches-view-details/7962

Quotes here can be haggled for better than these US prices?

Whats the warranty offered, looks like this guy gives lifetime warranty
The link above is the watch i'm after. I tried to use a jeweller connection to get me this watch, but the closest he got me was just under 10k. If i persisted and played the two of the Rolex dealers here against each other, i could have matched that link price or slightly bettered it.

If i didn't go overseas for work 1-2 times a year i would do the above, Milan Rolex can better that price so i'm not wasting my time. The only downside is that no matter what company promises warranty or i quote "worldwide warranty" you should take it with a grain of salt. The Rolex service in Sydney doesn't honour internationally bought watches. The guys who do the servicing are a licensed Rolex service but are still a separate company that wants to make a buck. So saving money by buying online/overseas comes at a risk.

For peace of mind i was recommended to buy from local Rolex dealers so when something does go wrong they will 100% honour the warranty. It's really up to you as a purchaser, i know you want to get your brother a watch, if i were you i would try and haggle locally. You may or may not get the exact same US price but you can definitely get very close to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #73
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I don't think they're GOLD enough for your azn needs. >.<
Patek Philippes are the way to go for elegance. Baume and Mercier for something cheaper. IWC for sport watches.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #74
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmash View Post
Patek Philippes are the way to go for elegance. Baume and Mercier for something cheaper. IWC for sport watches.
Spot on, you speak my language!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #75
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

an Aussie seller here, not sur eif anyones used him before
http://www.watchtrader.com.au/store/watches/
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #76
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

Patek Phillippes are a collectors watch

are they 2nd hand watches cruvon?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #77
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Patek Phillippes are a collectors watch

are they 2nd hand watches cruvon?

Think they import new and also sell used ones,not sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #78
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
The link above is the watch i'm after. I tried to use a jeweller connection to get me this watch, but the closest he got me was just under 10k. If i persisted and played the two of the Rolex dealers here against each other, i could have matched that link price or slightly bettered it.

If i didn't go overseas for work 1-2 times a year i would do the above, Milan Rolex can better that price so i'm not wasting my time. The only downside is that no matter what company promises warranty or i quote "worldwide warranty" you should take it with a grain of salt. The Rolex service in Sydney doesn't honour internationally bought watches. The guys who do the servicing are a licensed Rolex service but are still a separate company that wants to make a buck. So saving money by buying online/overseas comes at a risk.

For peace of mind i was recommended to buy from local Rolex dealers so when something does go wrong they will 100% honour the warranty. It's really up to you as a purchaser, i know you want to get your brother a watch, if i were you i would try and haggle locally. You may or may not get the exact same US price but you can definitely get very close to it.

Just got back from a lill lunch trip to Hour glass and Omega again. Tried out most of their watches, even a 44k Yachtmaster Gold just for kicks. Not sure if was the dim lighting but the blue dialled silver-gold strapped submariner didn't look it's part and was a bit subdued though the black on silver ones looked better. They didnt have the black dial on silver and gold sub but thinking that would look good. Yupz, they are like 13k. The Deep sea Sea Dweller diver watch looked good though a bit chunky. The Yachtmaster stood out nicely and is available in white gold too at an additional price but way too expensive.
Then went checked Omega out, the double eagle constellation was a bit of a let down since had some hopes on it, doesn't really look that great but then maybe because they didn't have all the watchface sizes and colours to try. The normal gold-silver diamond constellation was nice in the medium size though, the bigger dialled one didn't look good. The one that looked cool was the Planet Ocean one with the orange dial face available in both plain automatic and with chrono. Btw tried haggling at Omega but they said fixed prices, imagine Hourglass would be the same too. So still looking. Are you sure you can get Hour glass et al to reduce prices?

My brother lives in the US so while it would be convenient for me to get something here (is for his wedding)might be better for him servicing wise and cost effective for me to get it in the US I guess.

Edit: another interesting one I saw was the BREITLING NAVITIMER MONTBRILLANT, didn't look massive and had quite a few complications builtin, looked cool, like this http://www.steindiamonds.com/watches-view-details/6800
Was 8k+ here.

Last edited by cruvon; 04-13-2011 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:47 AM   #79
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

we tried on the same watch, you now have my cooties
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:10 AM   #80
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Just got back from a lill lunch trip to Hour glass and Omega again. Tried out most of their watches, even a 44k Yachtmaster Gold just for kicks. Not sure if was the dim lighting but the blue dialled silver-gold strapped submariner didn't look it's part and was a bit subdued though the black on silver ones looked better. They didnt have the black dial on silver and gold sub but thinking that would look good. Yupz, they are like 13k. The Deep sea Sea Dweller diver watch looked good though a bit chunky. The Yachtmaster stood out nicely and is available in white gold too at an additional price but way too expensive.
Then went checked Omega out, the double eagle constellation was a bit of a let down since had some hopes on it, doesn't really look that great but then maybe because they didn't have all the watchface sizes and colours to try. The normal gold-silver diamond constellation was nice in the medium size though, the bigger dialled one didn't look good. The one that looked cool was the Planet Ocean one with the orange dial face available in both plain automatic and with chrono. Btw tried haggling at Omega but they said fixed prices, imagine Hourglass would be the same too. So still looking. Are you sure you can get Hour glass et al to reduce prices?

My brother lives in the US so while it would be convenient for me to get something here (is for his wedding)might be better for him servicing wise and cost effective for me to get it in the US I guess.

Edit: another interesting one I saw was the BREITLING NAVITIMER MONTBRILLANT, didn't look massive and had quite a few complications builtin, looked cool, like this http://www.steindiamonds.com/watches-view-details/6800
Was 8k+ here.
Sorry, forgot to mention it was LK Jewellers in Sheraton On The Park that are the ones who gave me a discount. I would use these guys against other dealers, then there fixed pricing tone will change.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #81
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

Names/links to any other watch shops guys?
All i know of is the:
Hour Glass
Shums
Omega boutique
(Yes i know very limited knowledge)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #82
QUM01Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / 2011 Merc C250

I'm happy with my Stainless Rolex Submariner which I have had for 6+ Years not and hasn't missed a beat! If your in the market for a Rolex these guys are great and you do some serious negotiating with the owner who is usually always working.. http://www.princessjewellery.com/

JB4/ AR DP's/M Sport/ 19" Double Spoke Alloys/ Roof/ Blk Front Grilles/ Comfort Access.
www.uniquemobiles.com.au
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #83
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
we tried on the same watch, you now have my cooties
The Yacht Master 2 with the blue dial and gold band? Awesome watch but a wallet drainer.
http://www.steindiamonds.com/watches-view-details/755

same one in white gold
http://www.steindiamonds.com/watches-view-details/756

Last edited by cruvon; 04-13-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #84
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Found this on the watch forums

Quote:
Chinatown... Shum's (they're on Sussex st, in the middle of chinatown, it's a small shop and it;s got those bar doors on it). They have a few other stores, but my parents find that the one on Sussex St give a better discount

My parents and their friends always go there to get their watches here. Get the best price, then ask for what they can do for cash.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #85
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

I got my constellation from shums, they are good and they carry a few good brands

the shop has a gold theme going so i don't recommend SBC the gold hater going
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #86
zachar3
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

the omegas are nice. rolex's are durable. audemars are great.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #87
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Guys, my watch idea for my little brother fell through, spoke to him and he says he hardly wears the good watches he has (read not expensive ones) plus his soon to be inlaws in the US gave him an expensive watch and he didn't even remember what brand it is. Says he loves his $25 Casio that served him through his Phd dissertation last year and through his many foreign travels. So thought some real old fashioned value would impress him for his wedding present and went and got him & his fiance some boring but beautiful swiss 24kt PAMP Lady Fortuna gold bullion biscuit bars, should surely appreciate more than the watches with very little servicing required for sure especially since he won't wear anything flashy.

The upside of all this research is I am beginning to feel the need for a new watch. As my first one, looking at the Omega Speedmaster Pro (only if I get my hands on a limited edition) or the smart looking orange dialled Planet Ocean.

Last edited by cruvon; 04-15-2011 at 12:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #88
GT1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
The Rolex service in Sydney doesn't honour internationally bought watches. The guys who do the servicing are a licensed Rolex service but are still a separate company that wants to make a buck. So saving money by buying online/overseas comes at a risk.
I'm pretty sure that there is an officail rolex dealer (or at least an office) in Melbourne. They should honour the international warranty.
Appreciate 0