E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > VAC Motorsports

10-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Kjelly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

VAC Motorsports

This is repost, but this post deals more with VAC than my LSD.

Hello!

BL: For me, the Quaife LSD was absolutely worth it. And if youre going to have it built up and installed, go to VAC Motorsports.

Im relatively new this site, but I've been spending a lot of time reading the
many interesting and helpful forum topics.

Background: Im coming from a 05 Acura TL. I loved that car, but had an opportunity I couldn't pass up to get a 2010 335D.

So, I flew into NY to pick up the car and as luck would have it, VAC Motorsports is on the way back to AR. I worked with Mike Malloy from VAC to have the Quaife LSD installed while I was stopping in Philly. Luckily, timing worked out and he was able to get a new core delivered in time. Keep in mind, he usually doesnt keep Diesel cores in stock, since theyre so rare. So he had to order mine and it took a few weeks to arrive. So add that to the install time of the Quaife into the core and we had just made the set drop-off time.

When I dropped off my car for the install (you may have seen my car on their Facebook page), I was fortunate to receive a tour of the VAC shop. How many places let their customers go into their work place? Not many and only those who are proud of what they do. The VAC shop is an impressive place; they build and create most if not all of their parts in-house. Their garage was filled with some very nice Bimmers receiving work and even one getting ready for a dyno session.

Okay, now for driving impressions with the Quaife. My priorities with upgrading the differential were noise, increase in traction/stability, ease of maintenance, and cost. The Quaife easily met all of these. When driving around town (with the radio off) to the highway, I havent heard any extra noise from the Quaife. I dont particularly do many straight-line accelerations; what I do enjoy is driving hard around turns and then accelerating out of them. The Quaife definitely enables a smile on my face and I feel so confident driving with it.

There are plenty of reviews on the Quaife throughout the Internet, plenty with better descriptions, so definitely search for them.

Next up: Im interested in how the car performs in the snow. In the rain, and a downpour that I experienced, the car performed amazingly.

Lastly, Mike Malloy and the VAC staff who put together my diff were awesome and extremely helpful.

If there are any questions, let me know!

Heres the link to D, looking all stock
https://sphotos-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...23792577_n.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="https://sphotos-a-ia...2577_n.jpg</a>