E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Cleaning California Duster

05-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
jimnan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328 cvi

Cleaning California Duster

Any advice on how to clean one? Some say never do so because it destroys the parafin coating. However, mine is really dirt ladened and I can't help but think cleaning it somehow will help avoid scratch risks. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Taxvictim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, Titanium Silver 6MT

Take the duster off of the wand. I wash mine in the machine with a "natural" soap... no perfumes, dyes, or other additives. Then I let it dry naturally.

The most important thing is this: Do not use any fabric softener! Just as with microfiber towels, a fabric softener works by adding a substance to the material, and that substance will scratch your paint.

ETA: This is from the Autogeek website:

Care and Cleaning: The California Car Dusters work best when they’re dirty. Just shake them out before and after each use. Should your duster ever become so dirty that it requires an actual cleaning, just wash it in cold water with a mild detergent (like Woolite) and let it air dry.

Last edited by Taxvictim; 05-25-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0