E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Shady Seller: "Sandhu" -Buyer Beware-

02-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
yhammack
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 330ci

Shady Seller: "Singh97" -Buyer Beware-

Ok I have to give a heads up to other members on here. I don't normally write bad reviews but I feel like I got screwed and this guy is ignoring me now, which pisses me off. I will post the entire email conversation for everybody to look at. But for now, long story short..... I posted about a set of style 162 wheels another member was selling. This Sandhu guy contacts me through email and says he is selling a set for $1200 if I was interested. Which is more than I was going to pay since I was going to buy this other set for $750. But those had just sold.... SO, I considered it and offered him $900, which was the same price for another set I had found in LA, his are in San Jose. He said he would go $1000 if he removed the TPMS first, which I didn't need anyways. He then tells me the tires are 89% tread left and said they were evenly worn because his car just came from the dealer. So after shooting emails back and fourth I agreed to $1000 because the tires were new. Which isn't the deal of the century, but with good tires I thought it was doable. Keeping in mind I still have to have these balanced when I get them home. So dude sends me pictures before I pick them up and agree to buy them.... Check them out.

So after verifying a few times that the tires were good and evenly worn, I told him I would be by to pick them up that weekend. I ended up coming by pretty late at night to pick them up (long story, but I was in LA buying something else, I live in Sacramento) and when I did they were already bagged up and ready to go. I checked the top one and it looked exactly like he said and what I saw in the pictures. So I said, hey, I trust you, just toss them in the car.... $1000 bucks, and I'm on my way home. Well I got home and cleaned the rims up (dirty as hell by the way) and found that both front tires are toast on the inside. Down to the steel belt in some spots. Of course the tire I checked at his house was a rear.....
Pictures....

So I send him an email explaining what I found, he apologized and said he hoped I didn't blame him because the pictures he sent showed they were good from the outside.... Really?... Anyways.... I found a used set of tires for $250 bucks and bought them the other day, had to drive to the bay area to get them. So I sent him a mail and said I thought it was fair if he covered maybe half the cost. $150 to cover tires and gas to go get them. (I told him I paid $300, just included gas cost) Not to mention my ass woke up at 5am to drive there and get back in time for work. I gave him a week to at least tell me to screw off before posting this, but nothing.... So I'm throwing this out there for everyone else to see. It was my bad for not checking everything and taking his word. I guess that doesn't mean squat these days..... So if you buy something from this dude, make sure you know what you are getting before making a deal.

Last edited by yhammack; 02-16-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
yhammack
United_States
Rep

Email Conversation

His replies are in Red, mine are Black.

Hi,
Just read on forums that you are looking for a 162 wheel set that came with my CPO. I have a excellent condition set with oem staggered 162 wheels + oem Bridgestone RFT tires + oem Tpms + oem center caps. The set will be available Next Week and will be up for sale on forums, eBay and craigslist this weekend. The wheels look brand new with no curb rash or paint chips whatsoever. The tires are near to new. If you are interested I can email you pictures of wheels currently on my car. The price is firm $1200. I am located at San Jose about 2 hours drive from you. If you already have Tpms and center caps you can sell yours on forum site seperately. I do not have time to sell those seperately despite the fact that I can make more money like that.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply, might be a little more than I was wanting to spend as I've seen them go for $800 ish in pretty good condition. Doesn't help I bought a set of ZHP wheels with brand new tires for my last car for $800. lol. How new are the tires? I might consider it still. Pictures would be great.

Thanks,
Young

Here are the pictures (sorry for dirty pictures we had a rain). Tires are pretty new about 89% thread on all of them. It will be more clear with tires when I take the wheels off my car. And with the price I am selling them with oem Tpms and which are factory balanced by BMW. Tpms themselves does for $200. And I am also including center caps.

You have to dismount the tires to remove TPMS right? I have an older E46 chassis I'm putting these on so I don't really need the sensors anyways.

Young,
Well I am trying to avoid this hassle of remaining the tires and taking out the Tpms because I don't have time. Ok If so it can you pay $1000 picked up price?
I can't go low and I don't even know yet if I will take wheels and tires apart.
Thanks

I was going to look at another set for $900 that's pretty clean but a bit further away. If you would go $900 I'd pick them up asap. I was hoping to stay in that $800 range but if they are clean with good tires I'd do a bit more.

Ok. So I am going to take them of this Saturday so if you want to hold them for you can you please send $100 to my PayPal as a deposit?
And then you can pick them up later saturday noon or Sunday.

Thanks

So we have a deal at $900? I'll send you the money if that's the case. Saturday would be better since Superbowl is on Sunday.
Also are you on the forums? Screename? I just want to verify everything is legit before sending money. No offense, just have to be cautious these days.

Thanks!
Young

Hey young,

Listen man I seriously cannot buy my new tries if I do not sell this tire set for like $1200. If you say you don't need the Tpms I can do $1000. And honestly you can check the forums I have not even posted these for sale there yet was going to this weekend. If you so no to this deal then I would go ahead and post it on forums and will stick to sell it as a set because it adds value if the tires are not dismounted and are stock balance ls by BMW. I am taking it apart just because you are ready to pick it up this weekend. The set is good I got my car like 3 months ago from BMW dealership and they don't sell CPO's with bad tires. I can make more money if i sell tires, wheels and center caps separately but i just have time for that. Just make your decision an let me know. My forum name is Sandhu. I know you can't trust anybody these days. I will wait for your call before posting on forums.

Thanks,
Karan

Man I really was trying to keep it under a grand, I'm on the fence. Can you verify the tires are all in good condition, no un-even wear? And they are all 89% tread life left like you said? If they are in that good of shape then I'll buy them for $1000. I'll just sell my current wheels to offset the difference. Want to buy a set of Style 68's? lol.

Is this email address your paypal one?

Thanks,
Young

Hey young,
I hear you man and thanks. I am trying my best and you can tell by look at the pictures how hard am I working to get you pictures lol. Best attempt I could make before coming to work this morning. I almost lost my hand lol. I don't know how do I came up with that weird figure of 89% I think I wanted to type 80% but anyways the tires look better than I thought. So let me know man.

Haha I was wondering if you used a tire gauge and calculated the percentage. I was thinking wow, I wouldn't do all that. lol.
They look like they have good life left, they are worn even right?

I'll send you $200 via paypal today (I have some money in there already) and I'll bring you cash for the rest. Is that cool?

Haha.. I do not use that complex tools lol. Yes the wear is even on front tires and since they are staggered the rear once should be even. My car is perfectly balanced and aligned and all stock so there shouldn't be any flaw. Yeah go ahead and PayPal me at xxxxxx@xxxx.com and rest on cash on Saturday is cool.

Hey man, what's up. I just got around to cleaning up those wheels last night. The wheels look great, and the rear tires are good... But man the fronts are done, I can't even use them. The insides are worn to nothing and the steel belt is showing in a couple spots. I'm not sure what to ask here but I feel like I spent a little extra for usable tires and didn't get that.

Oh crap... Man I am sorry .. I should have looked at those tires after they were off the car. But hey I hope you are not blaming me because I sent you pictures from outside and that looks clean. I hear you the fronts are not good.
Kenny

Hey I never heard back from you so I'm guessing you don't care. I hope you don't think $1000 is a good deal for having 2 worn out front tires. I found a guy selling a good set of fronts for $300 bucks and picked them up this morning. I think the least you could do is cover half of that cost. Let me know either way....
-Young
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
saeng
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

You payed a $1000 for them?? Now that's a ripped off. I seen some on bay area crigslist a month ago for only like 400 to 600.. You got played.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
damn... $1000 is a very steep price for a set of OEM wheels. I'm selling the same exact ones with tires for $700

sorry to hear what happened though. hope everything works out in the end

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

i sold my 192s with almost brand new oem rft's for $750 picked up
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
mochi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: non turbo

sorry to hear, but that sucks...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
deng... i sold my 162 for $425 only!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Ed328xiCoupe2011
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Coupe Alpine White

Sorry to hear, but one thing about buying tires and rims is to always check all of them before buying. Guess is lesson to be learn for those who see this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

damn dude.. sad story.. sucks gettin ripped off
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Damnn.... I've heard of lm reps with fresh tires with stickers still on for 900. Sorry to hear that. Sucks that some people are that shady, tell him to throw you the tpms for the difference at least.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Cuba
Cuba
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

this is your fault. Yes he may have falsely advertised. But you should have inspected them before handing over the cash... isn't that how sales on used items usually works?

just my .02
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
yhammack
United_States
Rep

Well I obviously paid way too much, even if they were good. lol.

How is this my fault? I asked specifically several times and he directly answered they were worn even and good. Did you read the emails? I understand I should have checked but I made the mistake of trusting the guy. Keep in mind it was almost 1am and I had been on the road for 10 hours driving an RV with a car behind it. I just wanted to get home. Anybody with any morals would have said something when I picked them up, or at least tried to make it right once I pointed it out. Especially since the only reason I was willing to pay more was because the tires were almost new.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
Ed328xiCoupe2011
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhammack View Post
Well I obviously paid way too much, even if they were good. lol.

How is this my fault? I asked specifically several times and he directly answered they were worn even and good. Did you read the emails? I understand I should have checked but I made the mistake of trusting the guy. Keep in mind it was almost 1am and I had been on the road for 10 hours driving an RV with a car behind it. I just wanted to get home. Anybody with any morals would have said something when I picked them up, or at least tried to make it right once I pointed it out. Especially since the only reason I was willing to pay more was because the tires were almost new.
There is a lot of scammers out there my friend
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
yhammack
United_States
Rep

Changed his name to "Singh97"

LOL, apparently he saw this and changed his name to "Singh97"

Don't worry, I'll keep this thread updated if you change it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #15
tintinsonson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
From the name and his hand, is he an Indian?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
Chadd
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335

damn that dude is shadyyyyyy... Serve him and take him to small claims court. Your emails prove that he lied. 80% good alignment pssst....he should at least give you back $300.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
yhammack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinsonson View Post
From the name and his hand, is he an Indian?
Yes. Not that it should matter, I work with quite a few honest ones. Cheap, but honest.

I thought about small claims, just not sure it's worth my time. Although the more I think about it the more it pisses me off, so maybe I should. lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
yhammack
United_States
Rep

Actually thank you for bringing that up. I sent him a down payment of $200 through paypal so I opened up a dispute for that whole amount. Seems fair right?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
yhammack
United_States
Rep

*Update*
He finally responded to the dispute I filed with Paypal. Keep in mind he ignored my direct emails for a week. I asked for $200, he thought $100 was enough. After threatening with a demand letter he agreed to pay $150. That was my original request so I'm ok with it. I should have gone for more but I think that is the bare minimum for me to sleep at night about it.

Still not happy with his attitude though, hate having to use a threat to get things done but in this case I had to. So keep that in mind if you buy anything from him..... I'm posting my case with paypal as well to for everyone to see. His response made me WANT to screw him in court..... but, done deal. Lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
yhammack
United_States
Rep

From Buyer - yhammack
2/16/2012 17:24 PST
If you do not at least refund this $200 I will take you to small claims. I paid for 4 good wheels and tires and recieved 2 tires that are completely worn out. I overpaid JUST because the tires were new according to you. I asked you specifically the condition and you lied. I have all the emails to prove it. I should ask for more since I had to buy another set, but I will try to settle this in a easy way and just collect the $200 I gave you for the down payment. Up to you if you want to make this difficult. I have plenty of paid time off from work to show up in court. Your call.

Karanjit Sandhu denied yhammack's refund request but offered a $102.98 USD refund.
2/16/2012 18:28 PST
From Seller - Karanjit Sandhu
2/16/2012 18:28 PST
I can offer for $100 and I think this is a decent offer. The market price of the stuff you admit is in the conditions as I states at first is way more than $900.

yhammack rejected Karanjit Sandhu's refund offer but requested a $200.00 USD refund.
2/16/2012 21:57 PST
From Buyer - yhammack
2/16/2012 21:57 PST
You know these wheels and tires were not worth any more than $800 with bad tires. Read the other posts. Stop being cheap about it.

Karanjit Sandhu denied yhammack's request for a $200.00 USD refund.
2/16/2012 22:21 PST
From Seller - Karanjit Sandhu
2/16/2012 22:21 PST
I do not have time for this. I will not pay more than $100.

Almost new rims costs about 250 each and I have paper work from BMW that my rear wheels were changed at 45or 46k miles so they are basically new too and it costs 450 each.

From Buyer - yhammack
2/16/2012 23:14 PST
You think I had time to drive all the way to the bay area in my truck that gets 12mpg to pick up a set of tires? Before work? New tires are $300 each, I found a set for $250 with 9/32 (90%) tread left. I spent about $50 in gas driving there and back. Honestly half of that cost is barely even fair. I'm $1300 in this deal for something I should have paid $900 for, remember I mentioned another set I was going to pick up in LA for $900? But I chose yours because it had better tires?

$150 is my bare minimum. Any less than that is an insult and trust me, I will make this a pain in the ass. I don't like being played.

yhammack requested a $150.00 USD refund.
2/16/2012 23:15 PST
From Buyer - yhammack
2/16/2012 23:15 PST
See my reply

From Buyer - yhammack
2/17/2012 14:35 PST
Just FYI, I am putting together a case as we speak and I will come after you for the difference in what I paid vs. market price, plus tires I had to buy, plus any lost wages incurred. If I do not hear back by the end of today I will escalate this dispute and send my demand letter on Tuesday of next week. Or you can just refund $150 and save yourself a lot of time and money. Don't think I'm not serious......

Karanjit Sandhu granted yhammack's request for a $150.00 USD refund. This dispute will be closed once the refund is complete.

Last edited by yhammack; 02-17-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
Chadd
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
07_335i_AW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I love PayPal. Good job not giving in. I recently got ripped off also, but got fully refunded via PayPal.
Appreciate 0